Today is delivery day

dalepearson

Reaction score
Morning all,

after the long wait the 11th June has finally arrived.
My car should be arriving on a transporter before 1PM, cant wait. I just hate waiting.

I am working :(
Doesnt help I have a stinking cold either, so last few nights have been crappy nights.

nice one matey what you getting A3 or S3 and spec wise?.

Its always so exciting getting a new car!

I must admit I took the day off work to pick mine up :wub:

I am getting a Brilliant Black 2.0 TDI 170 S Line, MFSW, Arm Rest, IPOD Connection, Auto Lights and Wipers, and Interior Light Pack.

My previous A3 was a 2.0 TFSI with S Tronic, as good as it was I decided not to get it this time and save myself a few extra quid.

As for day off work, I am having it delivered to my house so working from home.

I didn't go into Uni to pick mine up! lol Such a nice feeling when picking up a car you've been waiting for ages!

Enjoy it mate :icon_thumright:

Coss

I agree. I always used to take a days holiday when collecting my new car.

Well its here, arrived at 10am
A3170.jpg

Two things though, hard to see because its light, but I thought the interior light back should light up door handles, cant really see anything there at the mo.

Also my last A3 S Line had a cup holder, why does it have a business card holder instead?

Nice mate - mine was delivered on the back of a lorry too - very exciting!

Looks nice! As for the light pack, I think they come on when its dark enough. The only cup holder that I've discovered in mine is sliding the cover over behind the handbrake.

Coss

Nice one mate......

I'm still waiting for mine Built Wk23 so hoping within the next 2 weeks or so.....

Then I can get rid of the hire car I'm in cos its pants...

It does seem like you wait forever. I have a Polo GTI as a hire car, so not to bad :)

Cupholder is below the armrest in the centre behind the handbrake.

Nice car mate, prefer teh Lotus though!!

Cupholder is below the armrest in the centre behind the handbrake.

Nice car mate, prefer teh Lotus though!!

My last A3 had one where the card holder thing was to though. Oh Well.

Thanks for the Lotus comments, its my pride and joy :D

Yup, I usually take the day off work too, love new car day :)

The interior light pack is quite subtle, if you look inside the door handle recess you should see the cut out for the LED, if you switch the lights on you will see the light in daytime if you look closely

My last A3 had one where the card holder thing was to though. Oh Well.

I read somewhere that Audi moved the cup holder as they had a lot of warranty claims for coffee soaked headunits/climate control units!

Tim

Looks good Dale! I remember when ours got delivered, it's an exciting time.

The cup holder in the dash is no longer there due to the new double DIN stereos. I am assuming the card holder is now under the stereo....is that right? The old cup holder was above the single DIN stereos.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Am I the only one who had to collect from the dealer? (during rush hour too)

Anyways, enjoy the new car. I see that you've another sweetie in the garage too.

The cup holder has been removed from the dash because the head unit is double din. The cup holder is too wide for the gap. With the single DIN units the buttons and drawers are above the radio. with the double din they are below it.

The cup holders have always been under the armrest, haven't they? I know mine have been.

Am I the only one who had to collect from the dealer? (during rush hour too)
They don't do the delivery thing over here either. I must admit though, I would still prefer to go to the dealership to collect it. Having someone deliver it on the back of a truck would take away from the whole occasion I think - unless I was getting something like an R8 and they'd deliver it to my work. Although I think I would still prefer to collect that in person too.

I've taken a whole month off to pick up both my A3s - well, I always take a month off at Christmas every year, and pick up the new car on the first working day in January so it is a happy coincidence!

Don't you just hate picking up cars in winter?
I change my cars in March.
This year, I picked it up on lovely dry, sunny day.
The next day, and the whole week after, it snowed.
It sucks.

My ideal would be able to collect my new car from the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt and combine it with a holiday in Germany, Austria or Swtizerland. This is not yet available to UK customers, but perhaps one day.

The next best is to collect it from the dealer, who do tend to make a bit of a thing of it.

My ideal would be able to collect my new car from the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt and combine it with a holiday in Germany, Austria or Swtizerland. This is not yet available to UK customers, but perhaps one day.

The next best is to collect it from the dealer, who do tend to make a bit of a thing of it.

My event was pretty undramatic. Came, saw the car parked in the lot, went through checklist and paperwork, done. Handover in ~30mins.

I had no choice but to take the day off, it was a 13hr round trip to pick my car up !
Not exactly a `fun` day, but Ive enjoyed everyday of ownership since (so far anyway), fingers crossed and all that.

Enjoy !

Gave the car a nice clean yesterday. Today I got to the local shops, come out only to find someone has opened their door into mine, no dent nice scratch down to the metal. Thanks mate, only 4 days old too.

I have given it a little polish, and it does look alot better. Still annoying, I know its only a car, and these things happen, but I pride myself on looking after my cars and its just frustrating when its so new too. Oh well.

A3-170.jpg

PS - I have cut the grass now :)

Gave the car a nice clean yesterday. Today I got to the local shops, come out only to find someone has opened their door into mine, no dent nice scratch down to the metal. Thanks mate, only 4 days old too.

I would call that a legal form of vandalism!!!

I always been carefull with other peoples car be it old or new.... Some people don't care about their things so they think everyone is the same... I am not a maniac but I do care about all my things and like them in good condition, ranging from clothes to kart to anything... I used them but I also care about them...

Pedro