1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift To wrap for Christmas or not?

LeeDaviesS3 Dec 20, 2017

?

Should I wrap my roof Gloss Black

1. Yes

19.5%
  2. No

53.7%
  3. Yes - Including the shark antenna.

26.8%
  1. LeeDaviesS3

LeeDaviesS3 Ara Blue S3 Sportback

See the pictures of my S3, should I wrap the roof or not?

Attached Files:

Jcbmally likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

No, not a fan of wraps.

Russell Bell likes this.
  4. Chris43

Chris43 Registered User

No,
    1. You paid a fortune for the crystal paint effect so why cover it up
    2. Sorry to say It will make your car look cheap.

In the end its your car so go ahead if you like the look but as above I'm not a fan either

5. Timi8888

Timi8888 Registered User

It will not make your car look cheap at all! Go ahead and do it I say. Even if you didn’t like it you could always change back. I think it looks a lot meaner with the black roof.

Jcbmally and LeeDaviesS3 like this.
  6. jungle650

jungle650 Registered User

The good thing about a wrap is its removable. If you dont like it, simply remove.

If you take your time and have the assistance of another pair of hands you should be able to do this yourself as its a relatively easy panel being flat, apart from the shark fin.

I always thought cars with a pano roof looked great ( as it basically looks gloss black in most lights from the front and side across appx half the length of the roof ) and helps to give the illusion of a lower / sportier car. Plenty of ‘youtubers ‘ have conpleted this modification.

Wrapping the roof on your car ( if its a decent colour and wrap material ) should give the same illusion in my eyes and finish the look ( being across entire roof ). A decent 3M film isnt that much to purchase, just remember to buy a larger sheet than you think you need as you require excess to work with. Measure and line up and pre-cut antenna. If you have never wrapped anything, might be worth trialing on something smaller first before you waste material. Although not overly hard, there is an art to it to make it look A1, just be thankful the roof is a flat panel, as corners/ curves are a nightmare. You might need a heat source when applying , especially this time of year, as well as some lubricant ( to help manipulate for placement ), and best to complete inside if you can.

Really your question other than if, is how far , ie boot spoiler as well and inclusion of antenna. ?

Its your car at the end of the day , so its your choice.

Enjoy

Jungle

7. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

This is one of the reasons why l get the pano-roof, l don't like a plain looking roof, yeah go for it mate it's yours

8. LeeDaviesS3

This was my thought.
    It's just a huge flat panel so thought what can I do.
    I thought the black might look good with it being a black edition.

jassyo06 likes this.
  9. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Entirely up to you mate, it's a personal thing.
    As other said, it's not that different to the appearance of a pano roof from a distance, but make sure you do the shark fin, looks odd if you don't.

Jcbmally, jassyo06 and LeeDaviesS3 like this.
  10. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Sod everyone else fella, your car, your money, your opinion and at the end of the day that's what counts.
    Sounds like you've already made your mind up and your looking for the ASN approval. :hi::friends:Do it, do it, do it.

Audi Bairn and jassyo06 like this.
  11. Bitzieee

Bitzieee Registered User

Personally no... Do what you think will be best though!

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Registered User

Go for it, I have with a few mods on my car. Some have worked and some haven't but it's easy to put them back :)

jassyo06 and Jcbmally like this.
  14. glospete

glospete Registered User

I told my wife I wanted to wrap my A3 so she did this [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jcbmally, Tom.H, LeeDaviesS3 and 3 others like this.
  15. LeeDaviesS3

I've decided against the idea for now guys but thanks for all your input :)

GTAIVgunner, Chris43 and Bitzieee like this.
  16. KyleS3

KyleS3 Registered User

Bit off topic - My black edition is on order and apparently due to dealer end of Jan/start of Feb. I was a bit unsure about the alloys on the configurator, but they look great in your pictures. I actually prefer them over the others now that I've seen this! :smile new:

17. Imochiii

Imochiii Registered User

I took the plunge and wrapped the roof on my pre-FL S3. Loved the car but traded it in for the FL saloon in March. Initially just did the same wrap as the pics posted by OP. However, later I realised that the look was still incomplete and decided to wrap a portion of the spoiler following the lines of the car and leaving the edge white. The attached pics of the rear of the car are not great, but give you an idea of it can look like. It really made the rear look more aggressive. Was happy with choosing gloss black instead of matt (though it requires more effort to prevent scratches).

Attached Files:

Jcbmally, jungle650 and Tom.H like this.
  18. The Challinor

The Challinor Registered User

With Arla blue and looking at those photos I’d not bother no.

19. LeeDaviesS3

Thank you Kyle, hope you enjoy your S3.
    I love my alloys as I don't see many other S3's with them on, plus I love the embossed Quattro logo.

KyleS3 likes this.
Tags: