To tint or not??

To tint or Not?

• Light tints

• Dark tints

• No tints

Results are only viewable after voting.

dg-1984

Reaction score
I have a silver 2007 S3, changed the rear lights to my09 fitted 15mm rear spacers and 10mm on the front.
De-wipered the rear and now thinking of getting light tints on the rear 3 windows, think would just get light tints as too dark might not suit as much.

What do you think, tint or just leave it as is?

Tmp 7225 2016 10 19 12 46 4573099

I went for the blinds over tints
Blinds1 zpse3f14ab5
Blinds2 zps7e5e670f
Blinds3 zps6c0b4be8

Reactions: Gazwould
I've been debating this since I got the car! I've decided to leave mine and go for the clean look! I decided on 30% tint and then backed out when it came to book!

I like the clean look but just wonder if the light tints on the silver would make it stand out a little.
Is 30% the lowest tint?

I think that on a silver car a lighter tint would be better than a dark one.
My Phantom Black A3 can easily support a darker tint and so I went for the one that was the closest match for factory-fitted tints.
On the overall question of tints or no tints I think that tints can transform the look of a car, I'm chuffed with the results of getting mine done.

Reactions: dg-1984
I think that a light 30%+- would look good on yours. Just got my phantom black A3 tinted with 15% and Im very happy with the results

Is 30% not more a medium tint and then you have 35% 50% and 70%.
It is but the higher percentages are barely visible other than the view through the glass being slightly dimmer, so if thats something that you are going for then you should go 30+´.

Attachments

• IMG_9873.JPG
    IMG_9873.JPG
    466.6 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: dg-1984
Have to admit they came out darker than I thought they would. If i did it again would go for the 35% at the most.

Personally I'd go medium tint. Had them done on a silver ep3 civic (different car I know) suites the colour great!

Reactions: S.
Defo tint, as stated previously it changes the look of the car. I went for 35% tint all round on mine, looks great, and also helps when it's really sunny lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defo tint, as stated previously it changes the look of the car. I went for 35% tint all round on mine, looks great, and also helps when it's really sunny lol

And headlights blinding you from cars behind, any excuse to justify it :salute:

Reactions: S. and Mujnu
I am with the majority on a light tint against silver :)

Seriously consider Lee's privacy shades / blinds .

With open window acts as fly screen and tea leaf eyes can't see in .

Cheaper , easily removable and resellable .

Hi, FWIW I had my A3 windows tinted today to 20%. I thought it may have been too dark but I'm very pleased with it, looks great against the Audi Phantom Black...

IMG 0120
IMG 0118

e4208fe70cc555ce67e7d555e8c4d1ba.jpg

Defiantly tints on the rears ,makes it look cleaner

987d0783eedbf87b149026b86950993b.jpg

Do it!

Medium on the back.
Light in the front.

Easy to see out of night and day, but great from the outside

Yep, you can tint the front but only to a certain %age. They have to let a certain amount of light through.
I'm in Denmark. Here tinting the front is not allowed, but the rules say it must have at least 70% of light through.