to those who have the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) ?

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
i just got this done and fitted and i now have my DIS beeping every 10 seconds displaying a message telling me to check my tyre pressures

this guide was followed: http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/04/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-tpms.html

at the end it says,
'First off, the new button only resets the TPMS learned values, after that it needs some driving distance to relearn these values. The learned values are adapted in several steps (speed ranges), each step (range) is devided into 2 thresholds in 2 stages (powered and rolling). You can check this using VAG-COM and read measuring block 031 in your ABS control module...'

then it gives a bunch of values etc

this sort of explains the reason behind the warning on my computer but how long will this stay like this? how much driving do i need to do for my car to learn the pressure values? any tips/help

thanks

If you hold the button in for 10 seconds the car learns the value/pressure at that time. Then if it drops below that you will get the warning. The part about vagcom values is to set up the wheel and tyre sizes which should already be set unless youve swapped wheels.

If you reset the light does it stay out until youve driven for a while or come straight back on?

Dandle said:
If you hold the button in for 10 seconds the car learns the value/pressure at that time. Then if it drops below that you will get the warning. The part about vagcom values is to set up the wheel and tyre sizes which should already be set unless youve swapped wheels.

If you reset the light does it stay out until youve driven for a while or come straight back on?

when you say the vagcom bit is to set up the values, how would I set up the values if you say it does it automatically or do you mean I have to input them myself via the software?

I was just told that a few days of natural driving would stop the warnings/beeping

When you say if I reset the light, do you mean holding the button for 10 seconds like you first said?

Apologies, I'm just really confused on how this works, thanks so far...

As far as I know you just inflate the tryes to the correct pressures then press and hold the tpms button until you hear a beep.

After that the car monitors wheel speed and if the average for one wheel changes then you get a warning as the pressur of the tyre has changed.

I never had any beeps or warning while driving so I'm not sure why you are getting those.

so if i hold the button for 10seconds, it will beep and learn/store the current pressure values?

i have not done this and was told to leave it beeping and the system will learn the values by itself...

Yes, press hand hold will set the pressure value

i had my tyres put to the correct pressures

i pressed and held the 'SET' button, there was no beep even if i held it for 25 seconds

the beeping/warning ceases whilst the button is held but once i release the button, the DIS starts going off again

i tried this both stationary and whilst moving

i know the button is working and my car does register it because when plugged into vagcom and i press the button it says 'ACTIVATED' on the software

help!!!!!?????