To paint or not to paint

hilly

Reaction score
Thinking of painting the lower grill on the front bumper and the strip on the rear bumper on my s3,they seem have dis coloured abit.dont know what colour tho do i go a dark grey mat or colour code them to the car?oh and the car is black.anybody else done this?if so some pictures would be good :box:

Hi.

I had that exact thing done to my bumpers, admittedly it was by choice as I had the bumpers resprayed and the paint shop resprayed the whole bumpers, grills and inserts as well. I have to say I am glad they did as they are where so much better.

I'd say on black just get them colour matched.

here's some pictures

s3lkfront2.jpg

s3lkrear.jpg

s3lkside2.jpg

If your car is black why not to try paint both lower grille,rear bumper insert in a kinda white/silver-ish colour.it woud nicely contrast with the black car,match the colour of alloys,headlights (chrome mirros etc...) try it in photoshop and see if you like it.

If your car is black why not to try paint both lower grille,rear bumper insert in a kinda white/silver-ish colour.it woud nicely contrast with the black car,match the colour of alloys,headlights (chrome mirros etc...) try it in photoshop and see if you like it.
not sure on that might be abit bling for me

I got the rear bumper insert and lower door mouldings colour coded to the car and it looks good. I did it because the plastics were starting to look tired but i didnt want to spend loads of money replacing them. Cost £100 for it doing at a local bodyshop. Easier to keep clean too with it been painted the same colour as the car, just use normal polish and wax instead of a plastic trim restorer etc. not done anything with the front bumper or grill yet but i might do the same in the future.

Cheers.

Mines anthracite on avus silver and i love it, my wheels roof and skirts match too. Search for my thread mate 'my bam s3 on its new shoes (x5 wheels)'

Last edited:
Sorry id have to say not to paint on the front anyway the back looks ok.

I done mine and dont regret I think it's ace I also had the grooves filled the ones at the bottom of the bumper on the sides which I think cleans it up no end!!!

Going to paint mine this week also. On my minger, il probably go for a Matt grey, fairy close to standard, as it gives a good contrast which is a recognisable feature of s3s I think. Definitely wouldn't colour code them...

i decided to colour code them had it done today really like the out come,the rear of the car looks alot better!not everyone likes it colour coded but in imho opinion it looks better :respekt:

I personally wouldn't buddy. They'll chip as they can't be hardened in the oven for obvious reasons (plastic).

Instead, get some of this;

Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

I like the look of this stuff, might give it a go. JD09 did you say you used this on your car? Were the results as good as they look on the video? Cheers

I did fella but my trim wasn't faded. This just means I have permanent beading from the trim. Has been good since circa sept last year. Still looks clean and beads!