To do or not to do that is the question/ Prod recall Injectors?

zollybosher

Reaction score
Ok after reading the massive thread re the problems peeps have had after they have taken there cars in for the product recall on injectors, some saying the garage just did a quick check others only replacing certain injectors and then the car being worse then when it went in I am wondering if it is indeed worth it?

Whilst I do have some issues with the car it has never cut out or misfired, there is although a lack of boost and mpg is eratic to say the least. I have my car booked in at Stockport Audi next week but if they do change the injectors will the fuel filter be looked at too or am I likely to come out thinking I have just been robbed?

At the moment I am very undecided as to any potential gains I am going to get should I take it in, so am looking for your opinions on what I should do.

If you have a 2.0tdi 170 then yes take it in and get all the injectors replaced. It is a safety risk.

How are they going to rob you. If they report any other chargeable issues take the notes and go elsewhere.

From what I have read there is NO guarantee that they will change all 4 injectors, if they merely stick it in a vag com and they deem it not neccessary then thats (I belive I have no right to demand a re install) If you try to demand they re install you are poetentially going down the dispute route which takes time and effort with no absoloute success assured.
When I say been robbed I mean I can come out of the garage worse off in that any modification made could affect the DPF and various other parts (the car suffers what Audi would say are unrealted issues, when many on here have found out to their cost it is not so)

As I said I am somewhat wary of taking my car in having read the issues that other members have experienced and dont want to find out that I will be looking at an unexpected bill somewere down the line. Nothing is ever simple when it comes to garages be it independant or franchised.

From what I have read there is NO guarantee that they will change all 4 injectors, if they merely stick it in a vag com and they deem it not neccessary then thats (I belive I have no right to demand a re install) If you try to demand they re install you are poetentially going down the dispute route which takes time and effort with no absoloute success assured.
When I say been robbed I mean I can come out of the garage worse off in that any modification made could affect the DPF and various other parts (the car suffers what Audi would say are unrealted issues, when many on here have found out to their cost it is not so)

As I said I am somewhat wary of taking my car in having read the issues that other members have experienced and dont want to find out that I will be looking at an unexpected bill somewere down the line. Nothing is ever simple when it comes to garages be it independant or franchised.

Well no afaik they will open it up and check the P/N on the injectors themselves. If they are deemed to be part of the faulty lot then they will be replaced.

AFAIK there is nothing they can tell with VAS as the defect is either there or not.

IMO you should get them checked. As a safety issue. If you are driving down the road and you lose all assisted braking and assisted steering then it could be worrying....

Noting is ever simple but anything could go at any time, generally people make connections where there isnt necessarily one...

It's a no-brainer, get them done. They will check the PN's and as above they will be changed if they are of the fault connected batch.
I've had no issues since they were done and in fact power delivery is smoother through the range.

Mac

Mine was done yesterday. Dealer just said we almost always replace all 4 and they did plus the loom he said??

Has not done any harm it would seem.

I guess it comes down to if you value your life or someone else's over that of your car?
We fault on here to get Audi to recognise this and have ended up with a great result.
If it cuts out at any speed you could end up going into head on traffic or under an artic on the motorway trying to get to the hard shoulder, could you forgive yourself for putting your family at risk if this happens?
Get it done & be firm with the dealer.
Ask on here if anyone has used the dealer you choose & there experiences.

Guys out of interest has this now been confirmed as a fault with Audi? If so is it not cars in warranty or do I just call my local dealer and find out what the crack is?

Guys out of interest has this now been confirmed as a fault with Audi? If so is it not cars in warranty or do I just call my local dealer and find out what the crack is?

Yes - It is an official recall - call your local Audi and get it booked in - job done - peace of mind - simples.

Yes - It is an official recall - call your local Audi and get it booked in - job done - peace of mind - simples.

Not technically true.

Audi do not class it as a safety issue and it is therefore not a recall.

They are dealing with it as a campaign, so if you take your car into for anything else it will pop up on the computer as something for the technician to check. If your parts are the faulty batch, they'll replace them regardless of whether you car is in warranty or not.

Cheers guys I've been worried about this for ages! Rang my local dealers trying not to class it as the recall and said campaign to them and there response was "o yes the recall" was music to my ears no having to put my case forward or anything all booked in for Monday will let you know the outcome :)