To buy or not to buy...?

raks3

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, so don't own an S3 yet (but am pretty close)
Just wanted to ask

Am deliberating purchasing a....

Blue 51 Plate S3
225BAM
58k on the clock (yeah seems really low but checked it hasn't been clocked)
Was a Cat C, was apparently pretty damaged in back/offside back panel was replaced
Cant see any damage internally, no welding was required
Car looks in good condition and drives fine
all for £3,200

Would you or wouldn't you...? and why...?

Wouldnt. Who knows what state the suspension is in. Avoid.

wouldn't touch it, much rather have something with more miles on that hasn't been subjected to a serious smack

In the words of Clint Eastwood, do you feel lucky....?

Reactions: samurai
i drive a cat c s3 it had a dent on wing and i know that was the only damage because it was a friends car not all cat c cars have been bent or damaged that bad

Walk away,plenty of straight ones around for that price

Thanks for all the responses!! After reading what some of you wrote about suspension, i thought id ask the chap for a test drive, the car drove well, couldnt hear any unusual sounds - so I think (with my limited experience) that the suspension seems ok.
The chap seems pretty genuine, we spoke about the accident and he said it was from a previous lady owner who thought the car would be written off so she threw the service history away..........

I wouldn't - not for that price when there's other non Cat C S3s available for around that figure (assuming you are in the UK)

Way too much... Keep looking, the right S3 for you is out there some where...

someone at some point had a wrote off 51k S3 & traded identities with an S3 with more mileage in better shape...easy as that