To buy or not to buy, that is the question....

maninthestreet

Reaction score
My 59 reg (MY 2010) A3 Sport Sportback 1.8 reaches the end of it's lease at the end of the year. I have the option to buy it for
just under £10,500. It currently has 12,800 miles on the clock, and will probably have little over 15,000 miles by the end of the lease.
Any opinions on whether it is worth buying, running it for three or four years, then selling it on/trading it in for for something newer? It has the following extras fitted:

Cruise Control
Exterior Door Mirrors-Electrically Fldng
High-Beam Assist
Interior Light Pack
Light/Rain Sensor Pack
Luggage Compartment Pack
Metallic Paint
Non Smoking Pack
Storage Pack
Tyre Pressure Monitor

id say its a good price, most the modules should be highline, price of the car is reflected by the new chassis release

" most the modules should be highline" - sorry, but I'm not sure what that means.

Think the question is what would you get instead? Definitely a sweet model with a nice collection of ad ons! Agreed, keep it!

To give you a comparison I bought a 3 1/2 year old 1.9 TDi Sport Sportback with 60k on the clock which was pretty much fully loaded

Metallic paint
Alcantara half leather
Bluetooth
Symphony 6 cd changer
Folding mirrors
Auto lights
Auto wipers

The bodywork was not too good, peppered with stone chips and a scratch on the door but at the time it was the cleanest I could find without intergalactic mileage

The price - the same as they are asking you for yours.

Defo one to buy with only 12k on the clock and you have driven it from new ! If you don't want it buy it and I will have it off you