To Badge or not to Badge...

S3VDO

Reaction score
What do people think about putting a shiny APR Badge on the back of the car? Is it naff or does it look ok? I'm all for shiny badges and a bit of advertising but I'm not sure if it's a bit sad and understated is better. The geek in me says yes and my sensible head says 'not cool'. Mmmmmmmm - I just don't know.

What do people think about putting a shiny APR Badge on the back of the car? Is it naff or does it look ok? I'm all for shiny badges and a bit of advertising but I'm not sure if it's a bit sad and understated is better. The geek in me says yes and my sensible head says 'not cool'. Mmmmmmmm - I just don't know.

Got a pic of the badge? I suppose if it is placed accurately on the bootlid, it can look good. My mate with Golf GTI has an MTM badge on the right hand side of the bootlid and it looks quite OEM.

Yes, the badges come like this and you obviously add the Stages that are relevant to your car:

IMG 1759

But I think I'd just use the logo:

IMG 1758

This is also available - but I think just the logo above is more me and isn't too over the top:

IMG 1760

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Reactions: S3VDO
with that type of HP, I would sport a TDI badge and just have fun with people. First rule of fight club!

Reactions: S. and S3VDO
De-badge anything that is not an S3 or RS3 as they deserve there badge`s, but badge your car with APR MTM or any other remap company is a bit look at me and pull me over mister plod, or I`m up for a juvenile race at the lights.
I much prefer to surprise the standard S3 and watch him get lower in his seat when he thought mine was a a standard something, brings a smile to my face every time.
Not much will touch an RS3 remapped, a remapped 2+ S3 will catch an Rs3, so unless you have them? then de-badge and go understated.

I'm tempted to remove my S3 badge even - the car is nowhere near what the original 8P S3 was as far as power and torque go :)

Reactions: S., S3VDO and S3Alex
Or add a chrome + or ? on the end of the S3+ S3?

Could do, but then it took me a week to decide to put the Nurburgring sticker on as I'm not a fan of advertising car capabilities. Really tempted to just remove all badges and stickers for that ultimate sleeper look :)

All good opinions but I'm still not sure. I've seen the badges on some cars and I do like the asthetic look of it as the car is understated as it is, except for the S3 badges. It is a Stage 2+ and has an APR HPFP as well so I feel comfortable with the brand. I think what I might do, to scratch that itch, is stick an APR badge on the TT S engine cover Ive sourced when I dress and detail the engine bay. That way, I have a badge but it's hidden if I want it to be. I think I'm liking that idea for now.

De-badge anything that is not an S3 or RS3 as they deserve there badge`s, but badge your car with APR MTM or any other remap company is a bit look at me and pull me over mister plod, or I`m up for a juvenile race at the lights.
I much prefer to surprise the standard S3 and watch him get lower in his seat when he thought mine was a a standard something, brings a smile to my face every time.
Not much will touch an RS3 remapped, a remapped 2+ S3 will catch an Rs3, so unless you have them? then de-badge and go understated.
I know exactly what you mean! I've been in that position once with a standard S3. It wasn't my intention but he was up my rear for a while and forced my hand ha!

with that type of HP, I would sport a TDI badge and just have fun with people. First rule of fight club!
You broke the first rule!
( sorry just had to write it:witless:)

I'm tempted to remove my S3 badge even - the car is nowhere near what the original 8P S3 was as far as power and torque go :)
Mine is de-badged for years now. Best way to go. Got even few "nice s-line you got".:whistle2:

Reactions: leshkin and S3VDO
Could do, but then it took me a week to decide to put the Nurburgring sticker on as I'm not a fan of advertising car capabilities. Really tempted to just remove all badges and stickers for that ultimate sleeper look :)
I`m in the sleeper category, but I think you will look like 1.6 S3 replica if you de-badge. If I was younger than I am then I might have put an S-Line badge with a ? S-Line?, gets them guessing.