To badge or not to badge, that is the question...

To Badge or not to badge..

• Total voters

Addict

Reaction score
So I've been toying with this for a while and keep going round in circles with it..

To badge or not to badge? keen to hear your views...

Keep the badge, you should be proud to have an S3

Reactions: Louay and The Challinor
Sorry should have been clearer.. S3 badges.. off or on.. (Audi rings stay in place) :)

I think it gives more of an air of mystique.. especially with it being such a new shape (saloon).. i.e. 'what on earth is that?!' :)

Reactions: wills_1990
The tailpipes will give away an S3. Why hide it?

As above - be proud of it and promote the model :)

Reactions: Louay
..and the one vote to debadge wasn't from an S3 owner, or even an Audi owner (yet).

It's been done to death elsewhere but my thoughts are that I feel no particular need to advertise for Audi. It's going to be obvious to anyone who cares what the car is, and IMHO it just looks cleaner without the badges.

Reactions: wills_1990
You're stealing Bristolhound's thunder!
Where's the forum police veeeight???

Reactions: veeeight
It would be like having a glamour model as a girlfriend and then making her wear a burka!!!

If you had an R8 would you want to de-badge that? I wouldn't so why would you want to do that to an S3?

Reactions: Louay
It would be like having a glamour model as a girlfriend and then making her wear a burka!!!

Or you could just as easily say that badging your car is like having a glamorous girlfriend and making her wear a t-shirt that says "I AM FIT" all the time. Everyone can already see it...

:D

Tha back of my S3 has both "S3" + "MTM" badges... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 367
Wouldn't miss that from a few hundred yards .
Nice though, nothing wrong with badges that deserve to be there.

Wouldn't miss that from a few hundred yards .
Nice though, nothing wrong with badges that deserve to be there.

I like the MTM badge design very much... It's a bit of Mystery...

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Debadged, those who know will already know and everybody else thinks it is a diesel.
My local Frenchists have no idea what it is as my S3 is quite nippy obviously and not being a diesel makes it stand out!

It used to be entry level BMs used to be debadged but now I think the tide is turning the other way, being indiscrete is the way forward.

Usually a debadge is to hide the fact you picked the wrong engine, Stealth is out of the window because of the quad exhausts!

I have opted for de badged.

1. I think it gives it a "clean" look.
2. Not bothered about other people knowing its an S3, they will find out when there a dot in my rear mirror.
3. Most people who don't have much car knowledge even with the for pipes won't see any difference! for example... work colleague says to me "I saw the car you are getting today"!!, to my suprise I ask where? she replies well it was an S3 but only had two pipes!" this is with the A3 badge on!! hahaha just shows you!

anyway its personal choice but thats my reason.

also am I right in saying the S3 logo stays on the grill at the front regardless??

Reactions: Addict
the partial badging (front grill) is something else I have debated haha.. I think I agree with you though, S3 on the grill but nothing on the back... mine is coming badged so I'll have the option to take off or leave on.. all will be revealed when it lands and I post some piccies :)

Reactions: j0nny2013
I ordered my Daytona SB S line 184 quattro debadged. I've added just the quattro boot badge to match the front grille badge...

If it was a 1.0 litre I'd probably remove the badge!

Reactions: Ceho