TJ,s Car Care Products Reviews.

NevMan

Well known member
"probably busy" as in 'packing' TJ's Car Care Products, Sandra
23.gif

Gotta say Toby's Glass Cleaner is the BEST windscreen glass cleaner I've ever used, no question
10.gif
lol...and clearly selling well, as out of stock of glass cleaner :wtf:

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
"probably busy" as in 'packing' TJ's Car Care Products, Sandra
23.gif

Gotta say Toby's Glass Cleaner is the BEST windscreen glass cleaner I've ever used, no question
10.gif
Really glad you like the products John. I’m sure Toby will be delighted and busy packing lol. :) x

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi Toby, wanted to thank on friend's behalf who received his sample the other day. I believe he is going to try it over the weeked, I'll try sharing the pics if it is worth it as he is terrible at washing cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Tashfeen
Thanks for letting me know
Hopefully the car will look good because of the products.
Toby

NevMan

Well known member
Thanks @THQuattro, shampoo and QD arrived this morning. No excuse not to give it a go this weekend

7d4d03451d7e0994f13ca118b0bc33cb.jpg

NevMan

Well known member
@q5man i know your car will look amazing when you have tried your new shampoo and qd. Have fun and we look forward to your result pics. :)
Going on the reviews so far, I am sure it will. I will post pics and a mini review :icon thumright:

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
TJ's Glass Cleaner: Acid test (for me) this morning of TJ's Glass Cleaner - after overnight rain on the A1.

I've had several years of driver-side wiper blade vibration on our A1; several sets of OEM blades plus several sets of Bosch blades plus numerous cleaning operations have failed to stop the vibration and I was seriously considering a replacement windscreen, tsk!

I then tried a set of PIAA wiper blades - PIAA being WRC (World Rally Car) suppliers for many years - and problem solved, NO vibration. OEM/Bosch refitted and issue immediately returns.

So my only concern was if TJ's Glass Cleaning product would have an adverse affect, and it doesn't!

So again, 100% satisfaction with TJ's glass cleaning product.

PS: anyone purchases TJ's glass cleaner and not happy then offer it to me at cost and I'll buy it off you...

Last edited:

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
TJ's Glass Cleaner: Acid test (for me) this morning of TJ's Glass Cleaner - after overnight rain on the A1.

I've had several years of driver-side wiper blade vibration on our A1; several sets of OEM blades plus several sets of Bosch blades plus numerous cleaning operations have failed to stop the vibration and I was seriously considering a replacement windscreen, tsk!

I then tried a set of PIAA wiper blades - PIAA being WRC (World Rally Car) suppliers for many years - and problem solved, NO vibration. OEM/Bosch refitted and issue immediately returns.

So my only concern was if TJ's Glass Cleaning product would have an adverse affect, and it doesn't!

So again, 100% satisfaction with TJ's glass cleaning product.

PS: anyone purchases TJ's glass cleaner and not happy then offer it to me at cost and I'll buy it off you...
Hi John
Thank you very much for another positive review on TJ,s products.
I need to ask you all what i should charge for the glass cleaner because looking around detail product sites and ebay alot of them are over £10 so please advise me if you do not mind.
Is £12 acceptable plus postage.
Thanks
Toby

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Hi John
I need to ask you all what i should charge for the glass cleaner because looking around detail product sites and ebay alot of them are over £10 so please advise me if you do not mind.
Thanks
Toby

For me Toby yes - I'm already convinced. Maybe for starters £12 would be better. I've just checked Amazon and £12/£12.50 including postage would seem the upper end for 500ml - though for me the TJ product is far better.

For sure the windscreens on my three cars have never been cleaner. And so easy to use! As with the QD it's a spray on wipe off product. I used to spend hours washing and waxing and polishing cars but no longer, little and often is better. Very impressive products, Toby, very impressive...

What to do with my stocks of non-TJ stuff...
55.gif

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
For me Toby yes - I'm already convinced. Maybe for starters £12 would be better. I've just checked Amazon and £12/£12.50 including postage would seem the upper end for 500ml - though for me the TJ product is far better.

For sure the windscreens on my three cars have never been cleaner. And so easy to use! As with the QD it's a spray on wipe off product. I used to spend hours washing and waxing and polishing cars but no longer, little and often is better. Very impressive products, Toby, very impressive...

What to do with my stocks of non-TJ stuff...
55.gif

Neighbours John . Especially the ones who wash their cars with one bucket.

NevMan

Well known member
Hi John
Thanks
Toby

I think that is a fair price, especially incl postage

NevMan

Well known member
Ok, so gave Toby’s shampoo and QD a go yesterday on my black Q5, which was really in need of a wash, following some stone cutting being done across the road whilst they build a garage And then just a light rain but not enough to wash off dust!

So before:

6db4c4921c1b9e284acecb237b455176.jpg

Usual alloy clean and then snow foam:

f376bd4a9048d656ceaa096f37b50ced.jpg

Then onto the wash, capful of lovely smelling cherry shampoo

9606b25e06d3082959bd65264758ea86.jpg

Again, as others have said, suds up really well (I did fill more after this pic):

e59ea68a316a2ff4777bce95cecf327d.jpg

Mitt ran across paint nicely with decent lube, so no complaints. Here is post wash but before 1st rinse:

98888eba05f66e9f0db71e1372fe5f4a.jpg

Then rinsed and final rinse with 0ppm through pressure washer:

9daa93b7b99d8bd226bef3d99e59d51b.jpg

Very easy and quick dry:

5bdcb4d572730222c264e643efeb3111.jpg

And onto the QD. Wow, love the apple smell sprayed on panel by panel and rubbed in/off and then 2nd MF for final shine, but to be fair didn’t seem to need 2nd cloth, but used anyway. Really good, right up there with my other QD’s, but definitely one of the best as far as not grabbing and being really easy (easier) to buff off.

Some shots here, but as sun was gone, doesn’t gleam as it could.

Very impressed!! Toby, you have winners with these two, look forward to trying glass cleaner when you get stock, or any other product you bring in for that matter

0cc5dff40da6da0f33b00b52781b7a60.jpg

ae48ae6e6785b10867050ef023695ade.jpg

8e3b65d5b94eeb97981fac56d6c5ab7f.jpg

3bc33966d64f0e19cc3651fbcfe05630.jpg

16ad835f7c6b471b879e8bd1d5d01bc6.jpg

NevMan

Well known member
Great feedback on here - Might give the shampoo a go when my supply is low.

Good luck with it all!

Why wait till your supply is low?

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Why wait till your supply is low?
Excellent Review. Car looks amazing. Thank you so much. Glad you like Toby’s products. I’m sure he will thank you later but has a long day at a car show today. :)

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Hi John
Thanks
Toby

Toby, fair price tbh. Let me know when you've decided the price and it is ready to be dispatched as I am running low on mine (glass cleaner that is)

NevMan

Well known member
Excellent Review. Car looks amazing. Thank you so much. Glad you like Toby’s products. I’m sure he will thank you later but has a long day at a car show today. :)

Many thanks @Sandra, it was a pleasure. Ah, Waxstock. Really wanted to go, as short of products

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi all i have 6 bottles of glass cleaner in stock please PM me if you req some,thanks.
Toby

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Ok, so gave Toby’s shampoo and QD a go yesterday on my black Q5, which was really in need of a wash, following some stone cutting being done across the road whilst they build a garage And then just a light rain but not enough to wash off dust!

So before:

6db4c4921c1b9e284acecb237b455176.jpg

Usual alloy clean and then snow foam:

f376bd4a9048d656ceaa096f37b50ced.jpg

Then onto the wash, capful of lovely smelling cherry shampoo

9606b25e06d3082959bd65264758ea86.jpg

Again, as others have said, suds up really well (I did fill more after this pic):

e59ea68a316a2ff4777bce95cecf327d.jpg

Mitt ran across paint nicely with decent lube, so no complaints. Here is post wash but before 1st rinse:

98888eba05f66e9f0db71e1372fe5f4a.jpg

Then rinsed and final rinse with 0ppm through pressure washer:

9daa93b7b99d8bd226bef3d99e59d51b.jpg

Very easy and quick dry:

5bdcb4d572730222c264e643efeb3111.jpg

And onto the QD. Wow, love the apple smell sprayed on panel by panel and rubbed in/off and then 2nd MF for final shine, but to be fair didn’t seem to need 2nd cloth, but used anyway. Really good, right up there with my other QD’s, but definitely one of the best as far as not grabbing and being really easy (easier) to buff off.

Some shots here, but as sun was gone, doesn’t gleam as it could.

Very impressed!! Toby, you have winners with these two, look forward to trying glass cleaner when you get stock, or any other product you bring in for that matter

0cc5dff40da6da0f33b00b52781b7a60.jpg

ae48ae6e6785b10867050ef023695ade.jpg

8e3b65d5b94eeb97981fac56d6c5ab7f.jpg

3bc33966d64f0e19cc3651fbcfe05630.jpg

16ad835f7c6b471b879e8bd1d5d01bc6.jpg
Hi mate the car looks great, thank you for using TJ,s Car Care.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi all
I have more glass cleaner in stock and i have some wheel cleaner, prices below.
Glass cleaner £12 +postage
Wheel cleaner £10 +postage
If anyone wants 2.5ltr of a product i will just charge £2.50 for postage.
I would like any feedback on product pricing or postage please, i have got to keep you all happy.
Best regards
Toby

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi
Are you all happy for me to use the reviews on my website.
Best regards
Toby

NevMan

Well known member
Hi all
I have more glass cleaner in stock and i have some wheel cleaner, prices below.
Glass cleaner £12 +postage
Wheel cleaner £10 +postage
If anyone wants 2.5ltr of a product i will just charge £2.50 for postage.
I would like any feedback on product pricing or postage please, i have got to keep you all happy.
Best regards
Toby
Look forward to giving the glass cleaner a go :icon thumright:

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Hi
Are you all happy for me to use the reviews on my website.
Best regards
Toby

Yes Toby, no problems for me: the shampoo, QD, and glass cleaner (not tried the wheel cleaner yet) are superb products and for me better than those other proprietary products previously used.

NevMan

Well known member

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I bought TJ's Shampoo and Detailer on the strength of the feedback & photographs on this Forum.
I am not a Detailer or Expert in Car Cleaning Products - just a chap who likes a clean car.

Firstly Delivery was quick and Toby's communication was 1st rate dealing with my purchase.

I have never used a Detailer Product before but was going to buy some Done and Dusted but read a few reviews that some people had experienced some streaking so decided to try TJ's instead.

I have an Audi A6 Avant so quick a large car to wash hence looking for products which get the job done with the minimum of effort as I have 2 other cars to clean as well !

The pictures below show my car which was last polished with Poor Boy's Black + topped with Matty's Black - last done in April.

So a quick snow foam to take the dust off and I filled 2 cap fulls of TJ's shampoo and like other reviews found it good for retaining suds especially washing a large Avant - it left the car streak free when rinsed off and certainly better than Simoniz Shampoo I have been using so thumbs up for TJ's which left the paint far cleaner and with a good shine from the start.
The car is Moon light Blue and really brought out the colour.

foam-jpg.162357

shampoo-jpg.162358

I dried the car off and the next bit was a total new experience as I have never used a Detailer Product before.

I read the instructions on the bottle and sprayed it on the individual panel & wiped off then buffed with he same Microfibre folded in 4 sections.
Thought I was using maybe a bit too much Detailer so sprayed it onto the Micro Fibre and applied it to the paint - what do other do ?

Anyway the results were fantastic and I have never seen the colour come out so well - the Moonlight Blue always looked black but not this afternoon - a total convert to Detailing Spray and TJ's is impressive. For me no need to try any other product so next purchase will be a large bottle.

detail-1-jpg.162360

detail2-jpg.162361

final-shine-jpg.162362

The Panoramic Roof , Privacy Glass and Black Trim between the doors ( think they call them piano ) have never been so reflective so a full convert to TJ's products.
Previously I had been polishing the car every other wash to maintain the shine I wanted - now that will all change using TJ's Shampoo + detailer.

So for me I can fully recomend both products and wish Toby all the best in his new venture.

Last edited: 51 minutes ago

Jonnyb93

After using I think I prefer TJ's shampoo over AF imperial lather and over AF QD. I was super impressed with the lather also with the strong scent from QD. I am now confident to use it on a customers car next time!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-10-16-14-25.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-10-16-14-25.png
    573 KB · Views: 147

Jonnyb93

After using I think I prefer TJ's shampoo over AF imperial lather and over AF QD. I was super impressed with the lather also with the strong scent from QD. I am now confident to use it on a customers car next time!

Thank you Nathan T for giving me a heads up to great products!

And thanks Toby for making such awesome stuff!

Jonny

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi Jonny
Thank you for your comments.
Toby

Taxboy

No pics I'm afraid as I was really time limited but I finally got around to giving the car a quick wash with the sample shampoo.

It hadn't been washed for a couple of months and looked it !! The shampoo foamed up well and transferred across on the mitt and felt slick in use. The important test was cleaning ability and in this it excelled cutting through the road grime. I would say it certainly matched my current shampoo from Bilt Hamber. Based on this the product gets a thumbs up from me and will be getting some once my current shampoo runs out

Thanks to TJ for offering the sample and I'll post a review of the QD that also came when I next use it

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi Taxboy
Thank you for your great review and i am glad you like it.
Best regards
Toby

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Hi Toby; as you know you provided samples of shampoo and QD for the Service Manage at Stafford Audi and we handed that over on January 27th after the Stafford Audi Dealership meet - fabulously arranged by our Sandra

OK, so Steve has taken a few weeks to try the product - always a problem working with cars all week to work on cars again at the weekend - but this weekend he did and here's his response:

"Used the detailing solutions over the weekend and WOW! The smell of the soap was amazing and the application also rewarding. The detailer was incredible! After two panels of effortless on/off gave me the confidence to place it all over the windows inside and out plus all the plastics. The shine was so rewarding and the vehicle inside was fragranced by the window application. I’m sold on it, wouldn’t use anything else."

Yet another satisfied user and maybe an input into selling the product via a dealership; I'll be back at Stafford Audi next week and will raise the issue....

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Oh, and the ceramic wax; applied several weeks ago and here's this mornings dew form on what is a relatively - for me - dirty car:

Toby stuff A1.JPG

Last pics of the A1 I'm afraid, being replaced with an SQ5 in what is now UNDER one week :yahoo:

PS: and TJ's ceramic wax was NOT heavily applied, just a wipe on and a light buff off - might have to get the 'steps' out and apply the same to the SQ5

NevMan

Well known member
Used TJ’s on my Mythos Q5 over the weekend. It is good stuff:

95b547893b6a05f8e3142da29e11fd16.jpg