TJ,s Car Care Products Reviews.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Toby, I have a mate who I spoke to and after seeing the results he is interested in trying out the product as well.

Is there a link to website in case I wanted to order something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate i can send out a sample for him if you give me name and add details unless you have some of the samples left he can try, let me know.
Thanks very much for speaking to your mate about the products.

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Hi mate i can send out a sample for him if you give me name and add details unless you have some of the samples left he can try, let me know.
Thanks very much for speaking to your mate about the products.

PM'd mate

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
IMG_3650.JPG
View attachment 160162
Yes i know its a BMW but i was asked to detail it for a video and photo shoot and guess what it was washed with TJ,s Shampoo.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
PM'd mate

I do have a website but i need it changed to TJ,s and should have labels end of this week.
I am waiting on some more sample bottles so will send to your mate as soon as i can.
Thanks again.

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
I do have a website but i need it changed to TJ,s and should have labels end of this week.
I am waiting on some more sample bottles so will send to your mate as soon as i can.
Thanks again.

Cheers buddy - much appreciated. Also share the link as and when it is ready.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I just want to say thank you for the orders i have received so far and i hope it will continue.
Any advise will be gratefully received to help TJ,s grow into a well known company.
Please tell your friends and family about TJ,s products to, some already have and even neighbours have been shown my products.
Big thanks from me and as always big thanks to @Sandra for her support.

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
I just want to say thank you for the orders i have received so far and i hope it will continue.
Any advise will be gratefully received to help TJ,s grow into a well known company.
Please tell your friends and family about TJ,s products to, some already have and even neighbours have been shown my products.
Thank you Toby. :) x

NevMan

Well known member

Toby,

Given the fantastic review from @Tashfeen and others, can I order some of your shampoo?

Scotty75

Morning all.
Finally got around to giving the A3 the treatment it deserves, the World Cup kind of got in the way lol........

I should point out that before using Toby's product samples i did Snow Foam the car with Valet Pro. Then onto two bucket safe wash technique.

So , TJ's Car Shampoo. First thing you notice is the smell, a very nice cherry smell. Good start. Being as the bottle had no label i was unsure how much to use , i may have been a little conservative to begin with and found i needed to add a tad more to get a good lather in the bucket. Once the suds situation was right and i began washing the car with a mitt and TJ's shampoo all doubts were gone. The shampoo provided enough lubrication for the mitt to glide along the paintwork without dragging. Considering it was a very warm morning , the suds remained on the paintwork a fair while. Allowing plenty of time for rinsing without leaving streaks or marks and as stated earlier the smell was good too.

Once rinsed and dried with a drying towel i was very impressed. The car had been polished and waxed with a DA polisher a month ago. TJ's shampoo was strong enough to clean the car and believe me it was dirty......... Black cars , we all know what they are like. Yet TJ's shampoo was gentle enough to leave the wax coating intact.

Clearly TJ's shampoo makes a great maintainence and if im honest , after washing the car with it i could easily have just gone over the panels with Quick Detailing spray and the car would have looked great. The shampoo did that good a job , even my wife came out and commented .......... and thats a rare thing. She was very surprised the car was that shiny just after washing.

Would i buy TJ's Shampoo, yes definitely.

Now to TJ's Quick Detailing Spray. After washing the car i did a full DA polish , IPA panel wipe and the waxed the car. Again a great smelling product though visually reminded me of Windowlene........ how old am i ? The supplied bottle and spray nozzle were good and seemed like they would last.
So essentially i used TJ's QD for the glass and parts of the interior that were not of a semi matt finish , as well as a few spots on the exterior panels that i wasnt quite happy with. Also used on dash / driver display area, door sills, S-line inlays and gear stick etc.
Perfect, just perfect. The QD spray smells great and doesnt leave smears or residue, effortless to work with. Simply put , it just leaves a great finish and a really nice smell behind. It leaves a great finish on glass , inside and out. The few spots on the exterior that i did use the QD on , again perfect . Leaving no smears just a perfect shine.

To summarise. I liked both products a great deal and would happily order both. Though if im honest , TJ's Quick Detailing spray for me was a clear favourite. Its just such a versatile product that ticks all the boxes. Thats not to play down the shampoo but i guess shampoo is more of a workhorse whereas the QD spray steals the limelight with that finish it leaves.

Toby, i think you are really onto a winner here. I think that if you get the pricing right these products could be real contenders and id be very interested to see a full range of TJ's Car Care products, ill even test them again for you lol. One piece of advice though, stick with good quality spray bottles. Poor spray nozzles are a real bug bear for me and i recently took this up with Auto Finesse. Perhaps one idea in time could be to sell the initial good quality QD spray bottle / nozzle at one price to allow for costs, then as a secondary purchase sell the QD spray as a refill without the nozzle. Id also find a retro look for product image / labelling and branding to be quite appealing. Way too many garish products out there and for me personally i find the understated looking products catch my eye / interest more.

Finally, thanks @Sandra for putting me forward and @THQuattro for sending me the samples. Keep up the good work Toby. Now i realise i should have been a bit more on point with adding before and after photo's but i think the heat was getting to me. So im afraid the best i can do is a photo of the end result of eight hours detailing , of which TJ's products were an integral part.

IMAG0192.jpg

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
These are amazingly detailed (pun definitely intended) reviews of Toby’s sample products. I can’t hope to match them for thoroughness as I just don’t devote that much time to the car. But I washed the car yesterday evening (two bucket hand wash) followed by filtered rinse and hand dry with Meguiars towels. The shampoo foamed up beautifully, went on easily and took the dust and pollen off with ease. This morning I checked for drip stains, found maybe half a dozen, and removed them in an instant with the quick detailer. Excellent products, Toby, I mirror everything that’s been said.

I’ll add photos when I’m not using my phone.

:tearsofjoy:

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
These are amazingly detailed (pun definitely intended) reviews of Toby’s sample products. I can’t hope to match them for thoroughness as I just don’t devote that much time to the car. But I washed the car yesterday evening (two bucket hand wash) followed by filtered rinse and hand dry with Meguiars towels. The shampoo foamed up beautifully, went on easily and took the dust and pollen off with ease. This morning I checked for drip stains, found maybe half a dozen, and removed them in an instant with the quick detailer. Excellent products, Toby, I mirror everything that’s been said.

Thank you Jeff. Toby be happy with your results. :)

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User

NevMan

Well known member

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter

Hi jdp1962
Thank you for your review your car looks great.
I need a B8 S4 in my life.

Toby

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Morning all.
Finally got around to giving the A3 the treatment it deserves, the World Cup kind of got in the way lol........

I should point out that before using Toby's product samples i did Snow Foam the car with Valet Pro. Then onto two bucket safe wash technique.

So , TJ's Car Shampoo. First thing you notice is the smell, a very nice cherry smell. Good start. Being as the bottle had no label i was unsure how much to use , i may have been a little conservative to begin with and found i needed to add a tad more to get a good lather in the bucket. Once the suds situation was right and i began washing the car with a mitt and TJ's shampoo all doubts were gone. The shampoo provided enough lubrication for the mitt to glide along the paintwork without dragging. Considering it was a very warm morning , the suds remained on the paintwork a fair while. Allowing plenty of time for rinsing without leaving streaks or marks and as stated earlier the smell was good too.

Once rinsed and dried with a drying towel i was very impressed. The car had been polished and waxed with a DA polisher a month ago. TJ's shampoo was strong enough to clean the car and believe me it was dirty......... Black cars , we all know what they are like. Yet TJ's shampoo was gentle enough to leave the wax coating intact.

Clearly TJ's shampoo makes a great maintainence and if im honest , after washing the car with it i could easily have just gone over the panels with Quick Detailing spray and the car would have looked great. The shampoo did that good a job , even my wife came out and commented .......... and thats a rare thing. She was very surprised the car was that shiny just after washing.

Would i buy TJ's Shampoo, yes definitely.

Now to TJ's Quick Detailing Spray. After washing the car i did a full DA polish , IPA panel wipe and the waxed the car. Again a great smelling product though visually reminded me of Windowlene........ how old am i ? The supplied bottle and spray nozzle were good and seemed like they would last.
So essentially i used TJ's QD for the glass and parts of the interior that were not of a semi matt finish , as well as a few spots on the exterior panels that i wasnt quite happy with. Also used on dash / driver display area, door sills, S-line inlays and gear stick etc.
Perfect, just perfect. The QD spray smells great and doesnt leave smears or residue, effortless to work with. Simply put , it just leaves a great finish and a really nice smell behind. It leaves a great finish on glass , inside and out. The few spots on the exterior that i did use the QD on , again perfect . Leaving no smears just a perfect shine.

To summarise. I liked both products a great deal and would happily order both. Though if im honest , TJ's Quick Detailing spray for me was a clear favourite. Its just such a versatile product that ticks all the boxes. Thats not to play down the shampoo but i guess shampoo is more of a workhorse whereas the QD spray steals the limelight with that finish it leaves.

Toby, i think you are really onto a winner here. I think that if you get the pricing right these products could be real contenders and id be very interested to see a full range of TJ's Car Care products, ill even test them again for you lol. One piece of advice though, stick with good quality spray bottles. Poor spray nozzles are a real bug bear for me and i recently took this up with Auto Finesse. Perhaps one idea in time could be to sell the initial good quality QD spray bottle / nozzle at one price to allow for costs, then as a secondary purchase sell the QD spray as a refill without the nozzle. Id also find a retro look for product image / labelling and branding to be quite appealing. Way too many garish products out there and for me personally i find the understated looking products catch my eye / interest more.

Finally, thanks @Sandra for putting me forward and @THQuattro for sending me the samples. Keep up the good work Toby. Now i realise i should have been a bit more on point with adding before and after photo's but i think the heat was getting to me. So im afraid the best i can do is a photo of the end result of eight hours detailing , of which TJ's products were an integral part.

View attachment 160501
Hi Scotty75
Firstly thanks for the great review and your car looks great after your hard work.
I will take on board the advise about the spray bottles and i do understand as it has happened to me.
The smaller headed bottle sprayers are weaker and cheaper so i do use the bigger headed ones which are more robust and better made.

Toby

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
And the glass cleaner is amazingly good too! I've been using Armorall glass cleaner, Carplan screen clean, Stoner invisible glass, and/or Autoglym fast glass; and in my opinion, TJ's glass cleaner is better than any. Easily applied and cleaned and no haze and/or smears.

Send a FULL bottle please Toby...

NevMan

Well known member
Hi Scotty75
Firstly thanks for the great review and your car looks great after your hard work.
I will take on board the advise about the spray bottles and i do understand as it has happened to me.
The smaller headed bottle sprayers are weaker and cheaper so i do use the bigger headed ones which are more robust and better made.

Toby

Toby,

How do I go about getting my hands on your shampoo, QD and glass cleaner?

I would like to place an order for one of each please?

Tried to PM you but it failed

NevMan

Well known member
Not yet, I have managed to PM him, but no reply yet. In fairness, only sent PM this morning :laughing:

NevMan

Well known member

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Hi Toby, wanted to thank on friend's behalf who received his sample the other day. I believe he is going to try it over the weeked, I'll try sharing the pics if it is worth it as he is terrible at washing cars

NevMan

Well known member
Hi Toby, wanted to thank on friend's behalf who received his sample the other day. I believe he is going to try it over the weeked, I'll try sharing the pics if it is worth it as he is terrible at washing cars

c'mon @Tashfeen, give him some guidance :rtfm: