TJ,s Car Care Products Reviews.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi please leave reviews here, thank you.

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Ok, so I haven't applied 'way' to any of my cars (RS3, TT, A1) for 3-years and more, I just wash with Simoniz Car Wash, dry with a Kent cloth, and apply whichever of the following rapid detailer products comes to hand first:

• Autoglym Rapid Detailer
• Carplan Demon Shine
• Poorboys Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer
• Poorboys QD+ Quick Detailer
• Turtlewax Wax It Wet

Winter time I wash with Simoniz Car Wash, rinse with DI water, and leave it at that.

I find Autoglym Rapid Detailer or Poorboys Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer easy to apply and fuss-free with a wipe-on and wipe-off action. The protection hold-up too. The A1 sits outside in all weathers and continues to 'bead' faultlessly.

So this morning I applied Toby's 'trial' spray detailer onto the bonnet of the TT (Sahara sand); the TT was relatively clean with light dust. Toby's 'trial' spray detailer went straight on top.

The spray detailer, with no instructions, whatever this is (?), was 'very' easy to apply with one micro-fibre cloth and wiped/buffed off immediately. For sure a mega 'slick' feel on the back of the knuckle some 2-hours later. So I did the boot, door tops, and glass; just as easy and the same 'nice' feel. A really nice smell/aroma, too.

Impressed so I did the RS3 (Cornflower blue) next, just the bonnet and windscreen pillars, but again the results were/are stunning. 2-hours later I did roof, tailgate, and all windows of the RS3, just wipe on and lightly buff off.

Tobys detailer.JPG

I think there's sufficient in the sample to complete the sides of both the TT and RS3 and whatever is left over will be applied to the A1 - and view that in the longer term, hopefully we'll get some rain soon.

My 100% recommendation for Toby's 'trial' spray detailer, whatever it is.

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Ok, so I haven't applied 'way' to any of my cars (RS3, TT, A1) for 3-years and more, I just wash with Simoniz Car Wash, dry with a Kent cloth, and apply whichever of the following rapid detailer products comes to hand first:

• Autoglym Rapid Detailer
• Carplan Demon Shine
• Poorboys Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer
• Poorboys QD+ Quick Detailer
• Turtlewax Wax It Wet

Winter time I wash with Simoniz Car Wash, rinse with DI water, and leave it at that.

I find Autoglym Rapid Detailer or Poorboys Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer easy to apply and fuss-free with a wipe-on and wipe-off action. The protection hold-up too. The A1 sits outside in all weathers and continues to 'bead' faultlessly.

So this morning I applied Toby's 'trial' spray detailer onto the bonnet of the TT (Sahara sand); the TT was relatively clean with light dust. Toby's 'trial' spray detailer went straight on top.

The spray detailer, with no instructions, whatever this is (?), was 'very' easy to apply with one micro-fibre cloth and wiped/buffed off immediately. For sure a mega 'slick' feel on the back of the knuckle some 2-hours later. So I did the boot, door tops, and glass; just as easy and the same 'nice' feel. A really nice smell/aroma, too.

Impressed so I did the RS3 (Cornflower blue) next, just the bonnet and windscreen pillars, but again the results were/are stunning. 2-hours later I did roof, tailgate, and all windows of the RS3, just wipe on and lightly buff off.

View attachment 158767

I think there's sufficient in the sample to complete the sides of both the TT and RS3 and whatever is left over will be applied to the A1 - and view that in the longer term, hopefully we'll get some rain soon.

My 100% recommendation for Toby's 'trial' spray detailer, whatever it is.

Hi 45bvth
Very glad you liked the quick detailer and thank you for the great review.
Toby.

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
And it beads well, too.

Beeding.jpg

A rainwater spray (from my water butt) spray the following morning

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
So this morning the daily paper is late and so I give the A1 (Daytona grey) - not washed for a week or more - a quick 5-minute de-dust wash/wipe over and then applied in all of 10-minutes Toby's 'trial' spray detailer.

The wash/wipe was with 'one' 1-Kent cloth and no more that 3-litres of clean tap water. With Toby's 'trial' spray detailer I used just the one microfibre cloth - didn't even bother to buff, and here's the result:

A1b - Toby.jpg

And then I applied a rainwater spray:

A1 - Toby beading.jpg

Needless to say I've some on order and will give it a long term trial... :hi:

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
I've very kindly been provided with samples of shampoo and detailing fluid to trial on my car, and then post a review afterwards. I'll definitely be doing so, but not for a few days yet.

That car's just been freshly detailed, with new sealant coat applied, since when the weather has been resolutely dry and sunny so the car just isn't picking up any dirt. But when it's time to wash it, I'll use TJ's products and give a review with pics. :)

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Just checked our A1 24-hours on and having been driven along some typically dusty roads yesterday followed by an overnight outside and the bodywork remains incredibly smooth and relatively dust free. don't know what Toby's stuff is but I like it. Smells good on the hands too...

And in full sun:

Toby A1 sunshine.JPG

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Looks great and i do love that colour.

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Last but not least Sahara silver:

Sahara silver.jpg

TJ's Quick Detailer works just as well on glass and rubber seals as it does on clearcoat...

S32B

First of all I'd like to thank @Sandra for asking me if I wanted to try the samples out and an even bigger thanks to Toby (@THQuattro) for sending them to me :)

So today I tried both the car wash shampoo and the QD on my A5, the car hadn't been washed properly for well over a month!!! It did have a quick wash last Tuesday, but that was just a spray over with Bilt & Hamber auto foam and a jet wash off/drip dry...the car wasn't touched with a cloth until today.

The shampoo:

It has a slight scent to it, but nothing that springs to mind to compare it to. It does not have a nasty chemical smell...which is a good start :)

I normally use 30 ml of shampoo in a 10 litre bucket, so did the same with this shampoo:
30ml.JPG

Added the water and was impressed by the amount of suds it produced:
1.JPG

3.JPG

I then snow formed the car and jet washed it off, there were still plenty of suds in the bucket when I started to wash the car by hand. I was very impressed with how the suds kept on going and going during the wash!!!
6wipe.JPG

4.jpg

7.JPG

At the half way through the wash/bucket stage, there were still plenty of suds :)
5.JPG

I found the shampoo easy to use and the MF cloth just seemed to glide over the car taking the muck with it as it went, it felt more like I was using a lube than a shampoo!!! Even after I'd finished washing the entire car and the bucket was almost empty, the suds were still going!!!
finished.JPG

This shampoo has to be the best one I have ever used with regards to how the suds just keep on going, they even came out of the cloth when I rinsed it in the sink after I'd finished:
sink rinse.JPG

So would I buy and use this shampoo over my normal Autoglym bodywork shampoo??? Yes I would, as it just keeps on going! I find the AG runs out of suds far quicker than this stuff (sorry no name as of yet?!?) :) @THQuattro, I'm not sure if there is any sort of wax/shine additives added to the shampoo?!?, but it left the car looking nice and shiny/clean :)

8.JPG

9.JPG

The QD is a much quicker review :)

First off it smells absolutely wonderful, sort of a raspberry scent...it's gorgeous. I always use a slightly damp MF cloth to apply any QD that I use, I always think that a dry cloth has more chance of scratching!?!? To test it out I only applied it to the boot and the bonnet, that way I can see what it's like when it rains compared to what's left on the rest of the car!

It is very easy to wipe on and there is no need to wipe/buff off, as it doesn't haze or smear...it's quick and simple to use, which is exactly what a QD should be like! ;)

The results look good as well:
qd2.jpg

qd1.JPG

I'll update this review once it rains!!! I don't want to spray loads of water on the car whilst it's looking so good lol.

This is just a small area of the boot I tried with a household plant sprayer:
spray.jpg

I wish Toby the best of luck with his new venture and can safely say that I'll be ordering some of the car shampoo off him when I run out of what I have now ;) I look forward to the site going live so that I can see what other products will be available :)

Thanks again ;)

S32B

Thanks Sandra :) I'm off for a drive in the sun now ;)

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi Steve i am very pleased you liked the products and thank you for the great review.
I will be adding other products at some point and labels and the website so ASN will be updated as i go.
Thanks again Steve.

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Toby's QD is brilliant on tablet and smartphone screens too... :blink:

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Needing more (for others) Toby, see email... :readit:

Not difficult to demonstrate to others how good Toby's QD is and it'll sure make Floret shine.

Burt RS3 snap.JPG

Last edited:

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Gave the A1 a Toby shampoo wash this morning and can now totally agree with S32B's review:

A1 shampoo.jpg

Even using the left-over suds to clean the conservatory windows - before the sun gets too high
6866.gif

JG51 AUD

First of all I'd like to thank @Sandra & @THQuattro for the opportunity to try something new. :thumbs up:

After being assured the Shampoo was safe to use on my new Ceramic Coating I thought I'd give it try this evening. All I can say is where has this Shampoo been all the years I've been using Auto Glym, I'd even rate it better than the Reset I've been using on the coating.

This stuff is so soapy and smooth going over the Ceramic Coating, loads of bubbles, even when I was finished. It gave the car a great shine, I was in two minds whether to apply the QD but the car just didn't need it after using the Shampoo.

I will be trying the QD though, especially after reading some of the reviews it's been getting.

I did take some pics but they won't load to my laptop from my new phone, they will follow soon.

Great stuff Toby, I'll defo be purchasing the Shampoo, and will be recommending it to my friends. :rock:

JG

Last edited:

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
First of all I'd like to thank @Sandra & @THQuattro for the opportunity to try something new. :thumbs up:

After being assured the Shampoo was safe to use on my new Ceramic Coating I thought I'd give it try this evening. All I can say is where has this Shampoo been all the years I've been using Auto Glym, I'd even rate it better than the Reset I've been using on the coating.

This stuff is so soapy and smooth going over the Ceramic Coating, loads of bubbles, even when I was finished. It gave the car a great shine, I was in two minds whether to apply the QD but the car just didn't need it after using the Shampoo.

I will be trying the QD though, especially after reading some of the reviews it's been getting.

I did take some pics but they won't load to my laptop from my new phone, they will follow soon.

Great stuff Tom, I'll defo be purchasing the Shampoo, and will be recommending it to my friends. :rock:

JG
Thanks John. Toby will be very happy when he reads your review. Thanks for testing out the shampoo. Your a star as always. :) x

JG51 AUD

Thanks John. Toby will be very happy when he reads your review. Thanks for testing out the shampoo. Your a star as always. :) x

No, thank you @Sandra.
It really is good stuff.

JG

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi
Thanks very much for the brilliant reviews its much appreciated.
You can purchase the shampoo and quick detailer but the bottles will not have any labels on them
Please PM me for a purchase
750 ml of shampoo £10
500ml of quick detailer £10

Thanks again

Toby

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
OK, during yesterday's mid-day HIGH sun
6866.gif
I gave the (then) dusty A1 (was Toby-QD'd a week ago) a wash with Toby-shampoo, just a drop in 2-gallons of clean water, and rinse off With DI water, and walk away...

No effort, no wasted time, just a perfect finish with no water marks...

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Hi
I am testing some wheel cleaner and glass cleaner at the moment please let me know if these products or any other products you might interested in.

Scotty75

Hi
I am testing some wheel cleaner and glass cleaner at the moment please let me know if these products or any other products you might interested in.
Wheel cleaner, definitely. Have you considered a rain repelant Toby? The samples arrived yesterday, cheers for those. Hoping to test them at the weekend....... Before the England game hopefully...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
My sample arrived yesterday - thanks for the opportunity to trying and reviewing the products @Sandra and @THQuattro. I am planing on washing the A3 either tonight or over the weekend and will leave the review accordingly.

Pics FYI

26f0c182c0f632f7adf1672b183d74fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S32B

Hi
Hi mate, yes on the wheel cleaner. I use bilberry atm, but was thinking of trying the bilt and hamber out when I run out. I assume yours will be an non acid based one?

As for the glass cleaner, I always use the stuff that I use on the house windows!

I'll start a new thread that may help you decide which products to look at investing in!

Edit* https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/4-cleaning-products-only.376169/

Last edited:

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Wheel cleaner, definitely. Have you considered a rain repelant Toby? The samples arrived yesterday, cheers for those. Hoping to test them at the weekend....... Before the England game hopefully...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Hi mate the QD works well as a rain repellent.

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
First of all thanks to @Sandra and @THQuattro for sending the samples.

Finally I managed to I wash the car last night and although I started after 6:30pm, I shouldn't have done it... It was ****** hot and I had to keep my head in a freezing cold water for 5 mins to cool myself . Not blaming you @THQuattro for this at all

Shampoo:

The car was Snowfoamed with BH Autofoam and CP bug remover first. I then used a little over 50mls of the sample shampoo and like @S32B mentioned above it is very sudsy, I'd say the same amount of sud that I get from CP Reset.

3d0e04df0640e5dc1031d6377095fdbd.jpg

1be630b0bf14668b2c9eea3c9d48023b.jpg

I then tried two different procedures during the wash, half of the car was done with no shampoo on the mitt and the other half with a shampoo. Imho, I preferred it with the shampoo on the mitt as it produces nice bubbles / suds, which I quite like.

In terms of usage and cleaning ability, I would rate it as really high. It was very easy to use and left the paint smooth and I agree with @S32B that it felt like going over the paint with a lube.

2cede3630898cf2c57150d772d9ee4da.jpg

I wash the car in three step process; upper half of the body including half of the doors first. I then wash the car and move to the lower parts and alloys. And that is exactly what I did here too. However, and unlike S32B I used half the bucket to wash and the rest was used to wash the the lower panels and alloys (off course using different mitts ).

After I dried the car the paint felt really smooth with a bit of gloss. Overall, I would give it good 9/10 in terms of its cleaning ability and ease of use. 9 because I am intered5ed to know about the product 'details'.

QD

First thing first; I love the smell. The closest I can think of is BSD in terms of smell however I'll be happy to be corrected.

It is a very easy on, easy off kind of product and it is the first time I have actually understood what it means by 'less is more' . Like S32B mentioned above it doesn't have it smear and therefore you do not need to go through with a clean MF over it, I actually did. You know, it just helps tick the OCD box up there. . It adds really nice, deep gloss/shine to the paint work. Not only that, it also left the paint smooth as you'd after waxing it. Didn't happen when I used BSD last.

Overall verdict - I will definitely buy the products.

Pics below fyi

907cf1257ee139dd9f7ee1bdfddc2f5b.jpg

e59c76f41a5538b52396a447ec0f43b6.jpg

6c86ff09f5a261d49511eb5f1fe82e88.jpg

77d436b3da3c1563386a62580c946233.jpg

4259d7441fa43dd0e2a9cc92f795c56f.jpg

Pics from this morning

89108002bd639d2ee301709e90647409.jpg

THQuattro

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
First of all thanks to @Sandra and @THQuattro for sending the samples.

Finally I managed to I wash the car last night and although I started after 6:30pm, I shouldn't have done it... It was ****** hot and I had to keep my head in a freezing cold water for 5 mins to cool myself . Not blaming you @THQuattro for this at all

Shampoo:

The car was Snowfoamed with BH Autofoam and CP bug remover first. I then used a little over 50mls of the sample shampoo and like @S32B mentioned above it is very sudsy, I'd say the same amount of sud that I get from CP Reset.

3d0e04df0640e5dc1031d6377095fdbd.jpg

1be630b0bf14668b2c9eea3c9d48023b.jpg

I then tried two different procedures during the wash, half of the car was done with no shampoo on the mitt and the other half with a shampoo. Imho, I preferred it with the shampoo on the mitt as it produces nice bubbles / suds, which I quite like.

In terms of usage and cleaning ability, I would rate it as really high. It was very easy to use and left the paint smooth and I agree with @S32B that it felt like going over the paint with a lube.

2cede3630898cf2c57150d772d9ee4da.jpg

I wash the car in three step process; upper half of the body including half of the doors first. I then wash the car and move to the lower parts and alloys. And that is exactly what I did here too. However, and unlike S32B I used half the bucket to wash and the rest was used to wash the the lower panels and alloys (off course using different mitts ).

After I dried the car the paint felt really smooth with a bit of gloss. Overall, I would give it good 9/10 in terms of its cleaning ability and ease of use. 9 because I am intered5ed to know about the product 'details'.

QD

First thing first; I love the smell. The closest I can think of is BSD in terms of smell however I'll be happy to be corrected.

It is a very easy on, easy off kind of product and it is the first time I have actually understood what it means by 'less is more' . Like S32B mentioned above it doesn't have it smear and therefore you do not need to go through with a clean MF over it, I actually did. You know, it just helps tick the OCD box up there. . It adds really nice, deep gloss/shine to the paint work. Not only that, it also left the paint smooth as you'd after waxing it. Didn't happen when I used BSD last.

Overall verdict - I will definitely buy the products.

Pics below fyi

907cf1257ee139dd9f7ee1bdfddc2f5b.jpg

e59c76f41a5538b52396a447ec0f43b6.jpg

6c86ff09f5a261d49511eb5f1fe82e88.jpg

77d436b3da3c1563386a62580c946233.jpg

4259d7441fa43dd0e2a9cc92f795c56f.jpg

Pics from this morning

89108002bd639d2ee301709e90647409.jpg

Hi Tashfeen
Thank you for your great review.

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Toby, I have a mate who I spoke to and after seeing the results he is interested in trying out the product as well.

Is there a link to website in case I wanted to order something?