Tires for BBS 18'' Audi OEM wheels.

Maxy

Reaction score
So I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post. Just bought an Audi A3 SB Black edition, which looks and runs awesome and I'm very pleased with It. Desided to get some new rims for summer tyres (currently winter in Finland so rolling on 205/55/16 ICE tires).

I got the BBS CH or Pescara that they made for the Audi S4 (CH028) in Silver, 18'', 8 wide and ET43...

Image 16
Image 17

And some pictures of my A3 Black edition, I'm not sure if I have sport-suspension or s-line suspension, what do you guys think? The cars exact model is: Audi A3 ambition 1.8 tfsi sportback Black edition.

Image 19
Image 18
Image 20

So now to the whole point of this thread, I have no idea what tires to get.
I want it to look as good as possible and look as flush as possible. Im not lowering the car. I don't want the tires to come out of the arches to make the car dirty :ohmy:.

What would be the best option?
225/40 ok or too wide? will 215/40 look too stretched and small when my car's not lowered?

The wheels you have bought at the perfect fitment.

Standard tyres for Audi 18" wheels are 225/40R18 92Y XL...and that's exactly what I would go for. 215 will look skinny and when you aren't lowering what's the need to use a narrower tyre?

The only purpose I would use a 215 tyre is if the 225 comes out of the arch since the front wheelarches are a little narrower?

Does anyone have an opinion on the suspension? Is it sport or s-line? Had no luck looking up the PR-codes, just says their 55mm!?

With 225/40R18 and 18x8J ET45 wheels it won't stick out...use a 225 tyre

It still won't stick out, the difference is only 2mm.

Mine are ET42 and they don't stick out