Tiptronic remap reset procedure???

rmctri

Reaction score
Hi all, bit of a long shot but I've had my tiptronic gearbox remapped on my C6 via a dongle that was plugged in to the OBD port. I am not entirely happy with the map but at the moment I am having to live with it.
I would like to ask if anyone knows how to reset the TCU back to stock using this OBD device please? I know the stock map was saved to the device when it was first flashed (or so I was led to believe). It's now a case I need to find the method that triggers the TCU reset to stock please? key press etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I'd be asking whoever mapped it to reverse it.

Hi, totally agree. Annoyingly though I have asked but as yet (2 months) I've not been told how to do it. So was hoping maybe someone on here might have experience of this process.

Last edited:
Who developed the software?

I don't really want to bring names in to the thread if possible. My assumption was all OBD TCU flash dongles would have a generic reset procedure but maybe that's not the case. :-(

I don't really want to bring names in to the thread if possible. My assumption was all OBD TCU flash dongles would have a generic reset procedure but maybe that's not the case. :-(

There's plenty of threads who mention remapping companies ...

I have a JRTuning gearbox flash .... all you need to do is follow the same procedure you did when installing the updated map.
Listen to the beep, on e you here that it'll be back on the original map

Reactions: rich dj and rmctri
I have a JRTuning gearbox flash .... all you need to do is follow the same procedure you did when installing the updated map.
Listen to the beep, on e you here that it'll be back on the original map

Ive been looking at the JRTuning gearbox map. Would you recommend it?

If I'm completely honest, for the money I don't think it's worth it.

I'm currently experimenting with the remap and stock version
I've not had my A6 for about 16 weeks, so I got it back, ran it for a while then turned the car back to stock gearbox map.
Drove it as normal for a tank of fuel, then yesterday, I filled up, and flashed the "tuned" file back on to it.

The differences are subtle, nothing like what I was promised when talking to JRT about the map.

The gear changes are slightly (very slightly) quicker, but we aren't talking s-troinc speed, nothing like !
The torque converter does sharpen up the take up of drive, but again, not a massive difference, I will say I do prefer the TC charicteristics over the standard.
The shifts in manual mode, they react the same as in D S or Manual (I'm talking the time from pulling the paddle to the gearbox reacting)
It annoys me that in manual mode, it IS NOT full manual ..... it'll still swap a cog when it wants high up in the revs

Personally, I would like to try another companies remap offerings ..... but I feel that it would only be a waste of money for me.

I wouldn't recommend the JRT gearbox flash for the money !
It needs to be more competitively priced.

Regards

Tom

If I'm completely honest, for the money I don't think it's worth it.

I'm currently experimenting with the remap and stock version
I've not had my A6 for about 16 weeks, so I got it back, ran it for a while then turned the car back to stock gearbox map.
Drove it as normal for a tank of fuel, then yesterday, I filled up, and flashed the "tuned" file back on to it.

The differences are subtle, nothing like what I was promised when talking to JRT about the map.

The gear changes are slightly (very slightly) quicker, but we aren't talking s-troinc speed, nothing like !
The torque converter does sharpen up the take up of drive, but again, not a massive difference, I will say I do prefer the TC charicteristics over the standard.
The shifts in manual mode, they react the same as in D S or Manual (I'm talking the time from pulling the paddle to the gearbox reacting)
It annoys me that in manual mode, it IS NOT full manual ..... it'll still swap a cog when it wants high up in the revs

Personally, I would like to try another companies remap offerings ..... but I feel that it would only be a waste of money for me.

I wouldn't recommend the JRT gearbox flash for the money !
It needs to be more competitively priced.

Regards

Tom

Thanks for the reply. It was after driving a friends s-tronic that made me look into it. I rarely use the "manual" mode because there's such a delay. Another thing I don't really like is coming up to a roundabout in third and it not changing down until I pull out into the middle of the road. Think I'll save my money and invest it elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NotNormal