Tiptronic gearbox - oil change?

far2tall

Reaction score
Having recently bought my lovely new (to me) car I'm new to the Tiptronic gearbox. The car is a '58 plate on 114K miles - should I be thinking about changing the gearbox oil as a matter of course or only worry about it if there's an issue of some sort? It's working nice and smoothly at the moment, just wondering if its better to be safe than sorry at this mileage.

Also what kind of mileage are you guys running between engine oil changes? ...It's a 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro.

ZF recommend every 60K miles or 8 year (which ever comes first) I had the first change on my box this year by mackie http://www.mackie-transmission.com/ and it did make an improvement. Audi will say the box is sealed for life, but the life of a car according to Audi is around 10 years & 100K miles.

It's definitely going to live a lot longer than 100K miles! ..Do you mind me asking what you paid? I'm thinking it probably needs doing as I'm approaching twice that mileage and don't think it's been done yet.

I was way over that miles as well. I cannot fully remember but I think it was between £250 & £300 For me it was well worth it as I wanted to get the box checked over, and mackie are one of the best in the country.

Yea chap at Audi said they reccomend every 40k miles

Sure mackies quoted me £340 for tiptronic and about £260 for multitronic

They're in Glasgow
95 Causewayside st
Tollcross
G32 8LT

What type of gear oil can i use on Audi A3 2004 hatchback