TIPtronic 6 speed launch control - 6hp28

Brake boosting, seen it done, not a fan but it's effective

Foot on the brake, build the boost by pressing the accelerator then floor it and simultaneously release the brake

That's the only real form of launch that I've come across

hold esp switch for 5 seconds to completly turn off system, sportmode, hold brake, foot flat to floor let boost build then let go of brake :) feels awsome!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
That article doesn't really apply to Bobbys car as he has a Tiptronic box that doesn't have launch control from the factory. That brake boosting seems to work really well. Just don't keep your foot on the brake overly long as all that energy from the engine that should be propelling your car forwards is heating up the ATF in the torque convertor. It seems to be the way to get an auto off the line especially for the 1/4 mile.

Take approx 4 seconds according to the logs to build up to 3k rpm, so my reaction time will be slow.
Good thing according to logs there is not bog down period - I just need to shift into 2nd really quick as its at 4.7k in 0.9 seconds.

Karl you going on Sunday?

Not sure about going yet or not. Looking at the weather it's currently showing dry all day but that could very easily change. I am probably 50/50 on whether I go or not.

think the torque converter is only locked up after the engine speed and trans output speeds are matched, typically in 3rd when launching