Tiny Drip from Under Drive Side Fog Light Splitter Area Any Idea?

jaydav2306

Reaction score
Just noticed on my 09 S3 under the fog occasionally I get a very small drip from under the driver side fog light/splitter area? Anyone gto any clues as to what it could be? I am in my last month of Audi warranty so wanted to get a rough idea before I book it in

Thanks

Yeah I havent filled that up lately is that something that's fairly common? Like I said it's not a lot, coolant level seems spot on, just wonder if Audi will even bother to look at it

I topped mine to the rim a while back. Always get it dripping out when I stop - looks like there is a major leak (perhaps a few cup fulls).

Pretty sure it's just washer fluid though!

I topped mine to the rim a while back. Always get it dripping out when I stop - looks like there is a major leak (perhaps a few cup fulls).

Pretty sure it's just washer fluid though!

Is this from the same area as mine? Driver side fog light ish?? If I'm coming to the end of warranty will they fix it or is it too minor?

The washer reservoir is just behind the frot bumper on the drivers side above the fog light so if there was any drips coming from that area I would think it is that too.
Take it back to Audi and get them to fix it. My a3 is 7 years old and does not have that issue... You have the warranty so may as well use it

Is your AC drier unit in that area?

That's where mine is and the condensation builds up around the drier and the AC pipes, rolls to the bottom of the drier and drips on the floor.
It looks like a small water leak but its not.

Is your AC drier unit in that area?

That's where mine is and the condensation builds up around the drier and the AC pipes, rolls to the bottom of the drier and drips on the floor.
It looks like a small water leak but its not.

I dont think its the A/C as I ran that turned off, i think it sounds like the culprit is the washer reservoir if it is located behind the front bumper, I will book her in but thanks for all the good advice chaps

Pull the fog out & you should be able to see through, could be simply the pump/s have not been seated fully & thus the bung seals arent tight fit, lift out & reseat again.

Booked it in anyway for Friday, I know G12 tastes quite sweet and this stuff tasted horrible so think it's prob screenwash lol

It'll be the pipe from the bottle to the headlight washers. I had mine done on my old 09 plate S3. They did it under warranty which was good.

It'll be the pipe from the bottle to the headlight washers. I had mine done on my old 09 plate S3. They did it under warranty which was good.

Cheers bud thats good to know!

Its not always that pipe, but if it is, then its more than likely the o-ring that sits on that pipe as they get mashed upon installation tbh.

if it was middle December I'd say it was a cracked washer bottle, but I'm fairly sure it'll be this pipe as its not been freezing cold, or this 'O' ring on this pipe.

mjr901 - how did you get on with the warranty?

Mine has a major leak now of washer fluid, but havent had chance to look. What was your issue?

I had mine done under warranty, it was a split pipe to the reservoir near the fog light

Remove fog grill & light, the right hand side pump has an attached pipe aswell, like a T piece, give that a wiggle as found that sometimes leaks, but when wiggled as such it stops, worth a go.

I chucked the keys at Audi Worcester and said it was leaking...

However, I fitted a new bottle on my previous 8P, so if you want to fix it yourself, take the front right wheel off, peel back the arch liner, and you'll see the washer bottle mounted with a few bolts. Take them out. they're stupidly long if I remember.

When observing from the front right fog area after you're removed the fog light itself, you'll see the motor(s) in the bottle. Pull hard towards you on the motor(s) and they unclick from where they sit in the bottle, then pull up.

Pull off the flexi pipe from the engine bay so the bottle is free.

Then pull the bottle through the wheel arch liner and inspect it. put a couple of bungs in the holes if need be and fill it up with water.

If you do notice any leaks, silicone is only tempory fix, just buy a new bottle. Saves all this hassle again.

So if it's not the bottle leaking, then follow the pipes to the headlight washers and remove and have a look see.

Its worth having a look at the seals on the motors that push into the washer bottle, They might not look perished, but sling a new o-ring on there for good measure.