Tints

I got a quote for £150 to do the 5 rear bits, or £200 including the fronts but it doesn't look right to me to do just the rears and not the fronts

Agreed mate, I even saw a mobile tint service advertised on Gumtree that was cheaper than the guys down south appear to be paying.

Sorry to the members from south of the border for rubbing it in. :p

Reactions: Daggerit
+1 Sealed unit & lifetime guarantee, although I hope I don't have to take the car back to get them sorted, fingers crossed. :ohmy:

Well I am going to get mine done as close to the factory tint as I can ( had it of been an option on this modle ) ....

What colour or percentage is factory tints? do you mean just the rears?

What colour or percentage is factory tints? do you mean just the rears?

Not sure yet I am going to have a look around ... And yes just the rears.

I have had a quick look around and as far as I can see factory tint is 35% to 40% but if anyone knows any better please let me know as I'm on a roll .... Friday is tuning box test day and then I want the tints doing ASAP after that.

Last edited:
Avant only on my version :(

OK, my Avant black edition has factory tinted rears, I thought the saloon may have too.
Glad to see you're not tinting the fronts, I ride a motorbike and it ****s me up when I see a car waiting at a junction ahead with tinted fronts, you never know if the ***** behind the wheel is looking. IMO anyone tinting the fronts should be flogged to death.

Reactions: Daggerit
OK, my Avant black edition has factory tinted rears, I thought the saloon may have too.
Glad to see you're not tinting the fronts, I ride a motorbike and it ****s me up when I see a car waiting at a junction ahead with tinted fronts, you never know if the ***** behind the wheel is looking. IMO anyone tinting the fronts should be flogged to death.

That's a good example why by law you can only have 70%

Reactions: Daggerit and Spares
That's exactly why I don't ever have my fronts done, it effects your vision too especially at night.

There will be no front tinting .... they come with a fine tint as it is and I am with you on having glass that allows people to see you looking at them, I just need to find the right level as I don't want the backs to dark.

I got a quote of £310 on my Avant and they do it as it is (i.e no glass panels coming off)…. sounds a bit much to me…. How are you guys getting £150 quotes? you must be good at bargains.

I got a quote today from someone local for £150 for the rear half of the car.

Limo on the rear and a little lighter than limo on the fronts like my car check pics out

I would want to do something like yours but I'm too chicken getting pulled over and slapped with 3 points lol

Get it done mate the car will look totally different get the back limo and legal on the fronts the pic of my car you seen was taken in mcr city centre no police have given me points and they walk past it with me sitting in my car :jump:

well with luck mine will be done on the 5th March buy a tint place close to the Audi dealer I got my car from and they have done a lot of Audi's they have even done them for the garage ...

But I am only doing the rear :)

Happy days post a pic when it's done get the fronts done it will look flawless get legal on the fronts I had the back done on mine first had like that for a week then went back to get the fronts done coz it didn't look good with just the back your choice either way I'm just saying how I got mine done

I was looking at a whit A6 black edition at the Audi dealer today with just the back done and it did look good :) but time will tell .... and I will only have my motorbike friends calling me names if I do the fronts :)

Getting mine done on saturday :)

Not sure which shade of smoke yet though, as unsure if dark smoke goes well with daytona grey.

well with luck mine will be done on the 5th March buy a tint place close to the Audi dealer I got my car from and they have done a lot of Audi's they have even done them for the garage ...

But I am only doing the rear :)

Where are you getting them done? I might get mine done too as I think the black edition screams out for tinted rears :)

Cheers. They are quite close to my work so should be easy to pop in by :)

Hi,
I got my car tints from Pentagon Tints in Glasgow. I had the same issue with water bubbles but after 10 days, it disappeared. Theres nothing to worry about.

Do you see the matrix lines? my understanding is that its unavoidable with the tinting technique.
Good to know the bubbles disappear after a few days.
But since I live in the south, still haven't found a reasonably priced place to do it.