Tints

Macdoon

Reaction score
So the modding is about to start..... window tints going in on Monday

Whats your thoughts, I usually go limo (black), but now thinking dark smoke would look best against the white

Dark smoke gets my vote Mac, if your getting back & front done.
Dark smoke also, if your only getting the back tinted, as it blends better with the slight tint the front already has. IMO
JG

Reactions: Macdoon
dark smoke all way round

Reactions: deanr123
Another one for dark smoke, that's what I went with. If you are fronts done I would have light smoke on the front.

Reactions: Macdoon and X_Splinter
Dark Smoke ...... that's what I will put on later but just the rear windows.

Dark Smoke on the rear and a lighter smoke on the fronts.

+1 for Dark Smoke on the rear and a lighter smoke on the fronts.

That's what I plan to add on mine

I've got factory tints and they're dark enough for me.

Main reason for the post is to say that if you've got B&O then ensure the electrics are properly protected as I've seen posts in the US where the water used in applying the tint has fried their ICE :(

I've got factory tints and they're dark enough for me.

Main reason for the post is to say that if you've got B&O then ensure the electrics are properly protected as I've seen posts in the US where the water used in applying the tint has fried their ICE :(

I had mine done with the B&O and had no issues. Really helps the look of the car too, a well worth it mod I'd say! :)

I had the factory fitted tint on a previous car, which was enough. It's personal choice at the end of the day. Not sure what colour they are, light smoke maybe?

My current car doesn't have tint and I am looking into changing that. Just trying to decide if to go for the film option or replace the actual glass.

Any ideas what percentage the factory tints are ? I'm thinking of getting mine done

Don't know... Mine are 80% rear and 30% front and think it's looks spot on.

Any ideas what percentage the factory tints are ? I'm thinking of getting mine done

My guess will be 30% to 35% but it may change from country to country due to legislations

Anyone got any pics preferably in day light

Dark smoke rear none on the front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 475
Here's mine...

The photo is a bit crap but here's one that's the same tints as mine on an A4 from the same place.

Ignore the odd wheels lol but here's a propper side view only one I've got lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 456
Does anyone know how much replacement tinted glass would be ?? I am assuming I could sell what I have ??

Just spoke to a pal who had same as me they are 80% on the rear.

Reactions: X_Splinter
Police are hot on tints around here Lee, so rears only being done, I'm sure Audi tint the fronts to legal limit iirc

You're allowed up to a 30% tint on the fronts to stay legal I believe. That's why I went with it on my fronts. :)

Looks very nice. These are dark enough for me I think. Where did you get it done?

I did some digging and acording to my local Audi there isn't any tinted glass for my car it wasn't even an option so ill have to look at tints... anyone know good place in the North East ??