Facelift Tints on a lease car?

hallion

Reaction score
I'm expecting delivery of my S3 saloon early next month. I didn't spec privacy glass as it's too dark for me but would quite like a 50% tint for the rear windows. When the dealer calls me to arrange delivery, would they be willing to tint the windows (obviously at my expense) or is privacy glass the only option? Unfortunately the lease company won't tell me who the supplying dealer is so I can't contact them in advance.

If you cant get in contact with the dealer, I would take delivery of the car and look up a local tinting company with good rep then get it booked in.
The dealer would just sub it out to a local company anyway and put a small mark up on.
I think the Audi privacy is 90%, have a look at mk7 GTI/D/R's, these come standard with VW's 65% glass to give you an idea.

Reactions: hallion
As above, take delivery and find your local window tinting place. Depending on your whereabouts you'd be looking to pay around £35-£40 per window, rear window may be around £50 as it's bigger. In total I wouldn't pay more than £150 max

Reactions: hallion
Thanks guys, that sounds like a less expensive option. Would there be any issues handing a lease car back with tints or would they need to be removed beforehand?

I had mine tinted on my A3, didn't take it to the point of handing back. I PX'ed it and it was listed as an extra on the appraisal form, no questions.

Thanks guys, that sounds like a less expensive option. Would there be any issues handing a lease car back with tints or would they need to be removed beforehand?
They probably wouldn't even notice, I think they check the body for dents etc more than anything. My sister did a voluntary termination of her VW PCP deal, the guy who came to collect it took it straight down to webuyanycar! Which was strange as it's behind the main VW dealership!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Gordo77
Mine is a lease and I got my tints done myself, lowered it and put spacers on. You can do anything as long as it's all back to normal when handing it back

Reactions: AudiNutta