Tints in London

dk1234

Reaction score
Hello, I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted on my 3 door S-Line. I've had a search and most places recommended are out of London. I'm thinking of going for 20 or 30 percent tint. I know there's plenty of places but I want a good job done.

I don't want it too dark where it affects things like parking at night, or too light where you can easily see in. Also do you also always get an outline around the back window and side windows, been looking out at tinted cars in general and have noticed this.

Any tints that are recommended? as in make, material.

Hello, I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted on my 3 door S-Line. I've had a search and most places recommended are out of London. I'm thinking of going for 20 or 30 percent tint. I know there's plenty of places but I want a good job done.

I don't want it too dark where it affects things like parking at night, or too light where you can easily see in. Also do you also always get an outline around the back window and side windows, been looking out at tinted cars in general and have noticed this.

Any tints that are recommended? as in make, material.

My cousins run a company called Tint King that come directly to your door and do the tints. They take the glass out for back windows if they are able to go up and down and they honestly do a great job. Not too expensive either as they are mobile and can take only a couple hours. You won't get a gap around the edge and you can pick any tint. Give him a call on 07745 106578, his name is Freddy and covers London and the South. Say you got recommended by his cousin, Sam. He will offer you a good price. Mine were done by them :)

Hi, yeah I've seen those and have had a think about them aswell, can you see through them easily, as in I don't want people to easily be able to see into the car? (but I want to be able to see out).

If you compared them to tints (if they can be compared) what would be the equivalent tint level be? e.g 50%, 35%, 20%

The ones I've seen for the 3 door also come with a split (in 2 parts) for the back rear window which leaves a line down the middle, not too bad but I've seen a whole rear window one for the 5 door.

My cousins run a company called Tint King that come directly to your door and do the tints. They take the glass out for back windows if they are able to go up and down and they honestly do a great job. Not too expensive either as they are mobile and can take only a couple hours. You won't get a gap around the edge and you can pick any tint. Give him a call on 07745 106578, his name is Freddy and covers London and the South. Say you got recommended by his cousin, Sam. He will offer you a good price. Mine were done by them :)

cheers, do you happen to have any pics of yours?

Reactions: Samy boi
Best people I've used for years are in Chertsey area, old school windscreens, talk to Eva/Dave, great people.

Hi, yeah I've seen those and have had a think about them aswell, can you see through them easily, as in I don't want people to easily be able to see into the car? (but I want to be able to see out).

If you compared them to tints (if they can be compared) what would be the equivalent tint level be? e.g 50%, 35%, 20%

The ones I've seen for the 3 door also come with a split (in 2 parts) for the back rear window which leaves a line down the middle, not too bad but I've seen a whole rear window one for the 5 door.

My back screen is all one sheet as is the back windows. I have Dark Smoke on mine which I believe is 30-35% and at night you can't really see through them from the outside, during the day if light shines through, you can see through still just about. In terms of driving, dark smoke is fine for night time, I can still reverse fine, I am just slightly more careful I suppose but it's never been an issue. Obviously any front windows are illegal but you can still do the front sides in a lighter tint so it kinda blends and the police don't really notice.

Last edited:
If you're prepared to travel there's a company near Portsmouth. Fantastic people and extremely professional. I got 5 of the rear windows on my sport back done for £120. They also offer a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car. Check out their Facebook page, just search tintex.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
If you're prepared to travel there's a company near Portsmouth. Fantastic people and extremely professional. I got 5 of the rear windows on my sport back done for £120. They also offer a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car. Check out their Facebook page, just search tintex.
Thanks for the info and posting up a pic. Looks good, is that 20% tint?

Quick question in general, are those outlines always going to be there? (I think they are, just checking?) The one that goes around the back window (along the edge sort of greyish/or see through colour) and on the side back window.

Portsmouth might be a bit too far, had a look on Google Maps, over 100 miles away, NHN's one is 55 miles away from me, I was hoping for something a bit closer to London, with so many places here in London I'm surprised that there isn't a highly recommended place here or closer by.

Quick question in general, are those outlines always going to be there? (I think they are, just checking?) The one that goes around the back window (along the edge sort of greyish/or see through colour) and on the side back window.

Unfortunately so mate, they are annoying but you get used to it. Most European cars have it which is a pain. Jap cars and some others tend to be a nice clean blank window. Glass without that on there is relatively expensive unless you go for the tinted window option on a new car when bought which is obviously not a possibility for your car!

Portsmouth might be a bit too far, had a look on Google Maps, over 100 miles away, NHN's one is 55 miles away from me, I was hoping for something a bit closer to London, with so many places here in London I'm surprised that there isn't a highly recommended place here or closer by.

Where are you based mate, I will see if I can get a quote for you.

Unfortunately so mate, they are annoying but you get used to it. Most European cars have it which is a pain. Jap cars and some others tend to be a nice clean blank window. Glass without that on there is relatively expensive unless you go for the tinted window option on a new car when bought which is obviously not a possibility for your car!

Where are you based mate, I will see if I can get a quote for you.

I'm in North London, Tottenham.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes can see out fine.Compared to tints hard to just tbh, My 5 door is in two parts on the rear screen

I'm in North London, Tottenham.

£100 for the back 3 windows for you mate. It takes only around 45mins and he is in your area quite alot. Next week he said he can do it as he is in tottenham or whenever you need. Just pop him a call or text. I'll also send you a pic of mine in the morning

£100 for the back 3 windows for you mate. It takes only around 45mins and he is in your area quite alot. Next week he said he can do it as he is in tottenham or whenever you need. Just pop him a call or text. I'll also send you a pic of mine in the morning

Send me some pics n all. Am west LDN. Would potentially like all 7 doing (sport back)

Send me some pics n all. Am west LDN. Would potentially like all 7 doing (sport back)

Nice, will obviously be a bit more as sport back has more windows, so more time is needed but i'll send pics tomorrow morning and feel free to give him a call and drop my name for a proper quote. I want to get a light tint on my front 2 to blend it :)

Nice, will obviously be a bit more as sport back has more windows, so more time is needed but i'll send pics tomorrow morning and feel free to give him a call and drop my name for a proper quote. I want to get a light tint on my front 2 to blend it :)

That's what I'm after too, maybe 50% on the 5 tears and 70% on the fronts? Probably about right.

Allright mate, I've been looking at getting my back 3 done on my 3-door too, I called a firm nearby twice yesterday but they didn't answer their phone. I'm just a couple of miles from Tottenham so if it will £100, then I wouldn't mine being 2nd on your cousins round next week?

Allright mate, I've been looking at getting my back 3 done on my 3-door too, I called a firm nearby twice yesterday but they didn't answer their phone. I'm just a couple of miles from Tottenham so if it will £100, then I wouldn't mine being 2nd on your cousins round next week?

Give him a call/text on the details above buddy, a few jobs in the same area is perfect for him. I'll post pics later today. Forgot to take them in the morning and now I'm at work! All high quality film, i think it's 3m and all one piece per window.

Reactions: Rog_B
Give him a call/text on the details above buddy, a few jobs in the same area is perfect for him. I'll post pics later today. Forgot to take them in the morning and now I'm at work! All high quality film, i think it's 3m and all one piece per window.

Now sorted with a local place that got back to me Samy, but thanks for the offer mate :)

The police will have a field day with you.

Lol I just have my numbers wrong way round then.

I don't want super dark, and then the lightest there is on the fronts.

Lol I just have my numbers wrong way round then.

I don't want super dark, and then the lightest there is on the fronts.

So, my cousin was around yesterday and he said I have Dark Smoke 20% tint (or 80% if you want to talk about light blockage). Lower than that is 5% which is limo black. Find pics below:

Reactions: dk1234 and kash_v
@Samy boi Do you have tint on your fronts? Im thinking 35% or 50% all round for mine....As oem Audi glass has a slight tint from factory?

Lightest smoke fronts and 50% the rest then I think, pics above look a little dark for what I'm after

@Samy boi Do you have tint on your fronts? Im thinking 35% or 50% all round for mine....As oem Audi glass has a slight tint from factory?

No tint on the fronts yet. I did want to get it blended with some lighter tints at the front but my cousins did an install first of all to see if i would like it.

Lightest smoke fronts and 50% the rest then I think, pics above look a little dark for what I'm after

Yeah mine is quite dark Spiezels, can still see in slightly but each to their own. Just call them whenever you like, they will be away on holiday towards the end of the week for 4 days but other than that it's fine.