Tints done today

looks good but your fronts are not legal

dose look good all the same shade mate whats the limits on the fronts 30%

yep front is 30% max assuming your windows dont already have a slight tint to them already from factory.

Looks good, but I do get a feeling you will be at the side of the road peeling them off with the rozzer next to you soon Im afraid

Well the wife is using the car as ive started to cycle to work now so im sure I will have her on the phone going mental if she does get pulled.

Front side windows must be able to transfer not less than 75% of light. Even some of the clear security films can fall below this level. Have heard that you can incur a 3 point fixed penalty for tints but couldn't say for certain

Have heard that you can incur a 3 point fixed penalty for tints but couldn't say for certain

From my understanding there is no specific offence which a ticket applies too, but there are two offences which can be used (I can't remember them off the top of my head). One is a £30 fixed penalty, the other is a £60 one with 3 points. Which you get depends on the officer involved and any aggravating factors.

most modern cars come with pre-tinted fronts even though they might not seem so.This is normally the max limit allowed so should not be touched.The rest,do what you like.

thanks mate, i have a black a4 cab think of getting tints done.

Well if you do get pulled by the filth just put your roof down then ask them how much light is getting into the car, LOL!

Also, as they are illegally tinted, your insurance may not pay out in the result of a claim, effectively meaning you are driving without insurance. I have seen this happen before, so be careful.

when i insured mine i went through the mods i said tinted windows and they sorry we dont insure any tints in the front glass and only 30% tints in the rears

I can't see what the rear tint has to do with the insurers?! Checking your blind spot maybe, but still....!