Tinting/Blinds

Daniel97

Reaction score
I have a wee dog in the boot of my car. Also have a baby on the way and she will be here right in time for the sunshine and the squinting through windows.

Looked into having them made to measure blinds fitted for about £80 but they are still blinds and can be pulled off .. dog will have a field day ripping it to pieces.

Also thought about tints. Neater option, look nice, privacy, uv protection, keep baby and dog cool.

If i go tints though what colour?! - I have a black A4 Avant. Do i get Limo or is that ridiculous? Dark Smoke, Medium Smoke?

What are your opinions on it?​

i have dark smoke in the rears m8 the car look brill and also great for my 2 kids in the sun but !! bad points they are poo at night so if the mrs drives the car then it might not be the best to go to dark... my mrs dont moan but they arnt great with a dark night and rain

Its MY car lol .. Mrs cant drive (only up the wall :D) lol .. so yeah night time is my only concern but i guess its no different to a transit where i only have the wing mirrors for company ..

Are they actually good for the kids then? allow them to see out okay but nobody to see in?

Any pics of yours?

I went for OEM spec, 30% tint, dark enough, but not too dark.....

hello mate had ours done on our bmw for the same reason not limo dark but looked good and kept it nice and cool inside and look better than blinds. im not far from you and used a firm from sudbury that did a good job but did cost more than blinds.my avant has quite dark tints that look good,i will try and get you a pic but am without car at the mo

the tints are perfect m8 the kids can see out great with not a lot of sunlight coming in will try and get some pics posted m8 as the ones ive got now arnt that good and ive now removed the front tints because they was big time illegal

Kite who is a fellow member has all the blind's on his B6 as standard.. I was a little jealous..

I've considered tints so many times but it's the wife who drives it most and reversing with tints at night...it won't end well.

They look so good though!

My Golf MK4 came with tint's. I could not stand them so peeled them off within the first 24 hour's..

These pic's show the Golf with the Tint's, the drivers door tint was removed by the last owner as he said the tint was to dark so he removed it..

872629031-2-1.jpg

All removed..

IMG_1414-2.jpg