Tinted windows!

hartey

Reaction score
As if the police just stopped this morning and informed me my tints were too dark, and proceeded to removesaid tints!
Granted they were illegal, but now I can't get my windows down because of the glue! Any suggestions?

Halfords sell 'sticky stuff remover' in a yellow spray can, that'll do the job

Cheers mate!

Mate, when I got stopped with mine they said they couldn't force me to pull it all off as the left over glue would have impaired my vision more than what could have been done before. 5% always counts you know!!!!??? I know it's a bit late for you but for others reading this.....
Think they said only VOSA inspectors had the right to do it or impound your car???? Just unlucky TBH, I was speeding at the time. Most law abiding coppers dont even know the % allowed, but thankfully, more apply the common sense discretion approach.

Mate, when I got stopped with mine they said they couldn't force me to pull it all off as the left over glue would have impaired my vision more than what could have been done before. 5% always counts you know!!!!??? I know it's a bit late for you but for others reading this.....
Think they said only VOSA inspectors had the right to do it or impound your car???? Just unlucky TBH, I was speeding at the time. Most law abiding coppers dont even know the % allowed, but thankfully, more apply the common sense discretion approach.

I wish that was the case. When I was pulled over, I had the option of pulling the tints off and drive away with just a verbal warning, or have my car taken off me for not being 'road legal'. Guess which option I took?