tinted rear lights

phil g

Reaction score
hi guys
just wondering what your thoughts are on rear light tints anybody done this if so pics please thinking of doing this myself ?

IMHO, would ruin the back of the car, especially on white.

Try pulling a black stocking over the light unit, gives the same effect and is totally reversible. Lasts for ages too.

Reactions: NioclasO and feva
Try pulling a black stocking over the light unit, gives the same effect and is totally reversible. Lasts for ages too.
come on Zafi you cannot be serious!!!

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
A mate did it on his Clio back in the day, worked well. Only cost a quid or so.

Fishnets or standard tights?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

come on boys let's get on the business it's getting a bit weird

Here's mine... light smoke tint

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and RS5 JON
Same light smoke on the front

Reactions: xpoweruk, RS5 JON, feva and 1 other person
It's a SunTek film pal

Cant beat stockings and suspenders on a women! Just not so sure on a car like.

Can one of the mods change the thread title to..........

(Apologies in advance)

Tinted Rear Tights ?

Reactions: xpoweruk and GAS MONKEY
I have mine done, always thought it was too bright as stock. Just a light tint.
bd0739dc17117cdbfb39603115781dba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo, GAS MONKEY and Lavis89
Did you do yours with a film as well? looks like the exact kind of shade i'd go for it i tint mine

Yup, it's a film tint! Good luck with yours! Dont forget to post a before after picture :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light tint ftw. Mine has been on 2 years looks the same as day 1, used the same stuff on my show number plates and old road plates, is also on my fog lights to seal a crack that was letting water in, and on my tail lights.
Light tint roll from ebay from the seller vtcust0ms
Tails
28789896301_872d1e5e69_c.jpg

number plate
29397373264_097d45a90e_c.jpg

Fogs
29991261556_ac77b4d739_c.jpg

Go wild with the stuff, is super practical especially on protecting fog lights which are prone to crack from stone chips. After mine cracked it blew bulbs because of water ingress.. but the film was a cheap fix over a new fog light cluster

Reactions: James.B8 and feva
light tint ftw. Mine has been on 2 years looks the same as day 1, used the same stuff on my show number plates and old road plates, is also on my fog lights to seal a crack that was letting water in, and on my tail lights.
Light tint roll from ebay from the seller vtcust0ms
Tails
28789896301_872d1e5e69_c.jpg

number plate
29397373264_097d45a90e_c.jpg

Fogs
29991261556_ac77b4d739_c.jpg

Go wild with the stuff, is super practical especially on protecting fog lights which are prone to crack from stone chips. After mine cracked it blew bulbs because of water ingress.. but the film was a cheap fix over a new fog light cluster
Is that your car in the sellers adverts Meemo?

Good priced stuff that.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Yeah, I had the purple at first when i had a purple stage, one i look back at and think god what was i thinking with the floral reef and 'becauseaudi' sticker lol
s-l1600.jpg

Just ordered enough light smoke for my headlights, tail lights and fogs. hopefully it will stay dry so i can get it all fitted when it turns up :)

Reactions: feva
I ordered 4 x the largest size from meemo's link in light smoke, the price difference in sizes is tiny so might as well get as much as you can rather than find out you dont have enough

Reactions: James.B8
I ordered 4x 30x50 which was just under £5 each not the largest, but should be plenty enough to do the lights (i hope) i've wrapped a few interior pieces in my old car and found it pretty easy, pop the headlights out of the car, clean and dry the lense thoroughly, then start sticking the film on, you can use a hair drier/heat gun to make it a bit more pliable to help avoid creases on the edges but too much heat will melt it.

I ordered 4x 30x50 which was just under £5 each not the largest, but should be plenty enough to do the lights (i hope) i've wrapped a few interior pieces in my old car and found it pretty easy, pop the headlights out of the car, clean and dry the lense thoroughly, then start sticking the film on, you can use a hair drier/heat gun to make it a bit more pliable to help avoid creases on the edges but too much heat will melt it.

Unlike wrap, you want to drench it in water, if you don't you will have a hard time, soak the light and the film on the sticky side with a spray bottle, you don't want it to stick till you press it out from the middle.
My first attempt I was sparing with the spray and went awful, binned it lol so if it is raining even better :)
Once you have pushed out all the water and air heat it up then remove the potective film and heat again, the last bubbles and water will dry and shrink over the next few weeks. wish I knew this before my first attempt

Just taken a punt on this too. (And added you on Insta @Lavis89 )
Hoping that it won't be too dark on the headlights. Can always pull it off again for the price I suppose.

Unlike wrap, you want to drench it in water, if you don't you will have a hard time, soak the light and the film on the sticky side with a spray bottle, you don't want it to stick till you press it out from the middle.
My first attempt I was sparing with the spray and went awful, binned it lol so if it is raining even better :)
Once you have pushed out all the water and air heat it up then remove the potective film and heat again, the last bubbles and water will dry and shrink over the next few weeks. wish I knew this before my first attempt

Thanks a bunch, probably just saved me a load of cash messing it up! Similar to the clear film kit audi do for the rear bumper, i had to do the same there, spray spoapy water on then stick it down and push the air and water out.

Just taken a punt on this too. (And added you on Insta @Lavis89 )
Hoping that it won't be too dark on the headlights. Can always pull it off again for the price I suppose.

Ahh just seen that. I'm not 100% sure on the headlights either but for a tenner i thought i would give it a go.