Tint sprayed my rear lights

Brave.

I live near Heathrow and always thought rozzers might be bored in these quiet parts of London and start picking on car enthusiasts rather then real trouble makers.

Guess, living in Hounslow Borough is never bored for them. Sirens can be heard from everywhere at any time of day or night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used spray and then polished to get the shine back
Original:

ff7671a9a7ae4384febf57c1e368e2b4.jpg

Sprayed:

be160dabaca96cb45c49fa93b8369d9b.jpg

Reactions: Meemo
Brave.

I live near Heathrow and always thought rozzers might be bored in these quiet parts of London and start picking on car enthusiasts rather then real trouble makers.

Guess, living in Hounslow Borough is never bored for them. Sirens can be heard from everywhere at any time of day or night.

Yeah with ya mate, I’m literally near London Bridge. Think they don’t even bother looking.

I used spray and then polished to get the shine back
Original:

ff7671a9a7ae4384febf57c1e368e2b4.jpg

Sprayed:

be160dabaca96cb45c49fa93b8369d9b.jpg

Very very low key do like them but think I’d have to go a tad darker for my taste, but does work well good look.

So with mine would I be able to polish them out to get a shine?

Very very low key do like them but think I’d have to go a tad darker for my taste, but does work well good look.

So with mine would I be able to polish them out to get a shine?

Yes If you polish after it leaves a glossy effect which works really well.

And I’m not sure I think a bit darker would be too much lol

7b40d174f79f5309d3d2b924f9b50815.jpg

Yes If you polish after it leaves a glossy effect which works really well.

And I’m not sure I think a bit darker would be too much lol

7b40d174f79f5309d3d2b924f9b50815.jpg

Ok cool nice one mate I’ll give it a go.

Yeah with that picture I see it much better that’s literally the perfect tint shade !, shame I went abit tint crazy but I still may remove and try again.

just the right amount for me that, i like it!
@CharlieSAudi reckon if you polish a tonne at yours might get a lil lighter :)

Gave mine a polish and used some stuff called gloss sheld from auto glym, I’ve had in the boot they haven’t got to much lighter but got a decent shine to it.

So got abit bored so decided to plastidip my badges only got pictures of the V6T. First time using the stuff and quite impressed. Only prob didn’t leave for to long before removing the excess spray grrrr but happy with the results.

28A57E10 2DC2 4405 9C10 7209E073486A
A923D336 DBE9 46DB A61E 818F5D89174B
4230DC4A 861D 4B03 B319 6215171A0CC0

Your first thought was correct. You’ve gone too dark. Looks like someone has stolen your rear lights. A nice tint is sporty and classy but in my opinion you’ve crossed the line into chavvy.

Your first thought was correct. You’ve gone too dark. Looks like someone has stolen your rear lights. A nice tint is sporty and classy but in my opinion you’ve crossed the line into chavvy.

Wowza, dropped the chavy line.

Kind words, thank you.

There's opinions.. then there's being insulting... not the same.
Too dark for my taste? yes.. but i enjoy seeing the changes!
Big gay wing next @CharlieSAudi , i like the controversy!! :icon thumright::rockwoot:

Don't think I was being insulting by saying it looks chavvy, because it does look chavvy. When I was 22 I had a Fiesta XR2i and I put blue anodised windscreen wiperarm spoilers on. I thought it looked great for a week or two and when I look back now I cringe at just how terrible it looked. I've also made plenty of mods just for the sake of modding that didn't come out too well. So I speak from experience and I'll wager that the OP doesn't keep his lights like that for long.

I'm not one of these straight-laced "ant-modders" that say all mods are rubbish. Far from it. I've modded every car I've owned to varying degrees, but these look pretty rubbish in my opinion.

They are far too dark and will most likely be an MOT failure due to the reflectors being blacked out. My opinion is that they look terrible because all of the internals are completely hidden. If you think that's insulting feel free to retreat to a "safe-space" and burn some Donald Trump effigies or something.

No need for sarcasm. You asked for opinions and I’m giving mine.

This is how it’s done:

vinylroofwrap735.jpg

Definitely no sarcasm, but using the term chavvy is abit far fetched in my opinion. Dislike them etc but dropping the name is a tad cheeky.

But what can you do it’s the internet right.

Don't think I was being insulting by saying it looks chavvy, because it does look chavvy.
When I was 22 I had a Fiesta XR2i and I put blue anodised windscreen wiperarm spoilers on. I thought it looked great for a week or two and when I look back now I cringe at just how terrible it looked. I've also made plenty of mods just for the sake of modding that didn't come out too well. So I speak from experience and I'll wager that the OP doesn't keep his lights like that for long.

I'm not one of these straight-laced "ant-modders" that say all mods are rubbish. Far from it. I've modded every car I've owned to varying degrees, but these look pretty rubbish in my opinion.

They are far too dark and will most likely be an MOT failure due to the reflectors being blacked out. My opinion is that they look terrible because all of the internals are completely hidden. If you think that's insulting feel free to retreat to a "safe-space" and burn some Donald Trump effigies or something.

Same here modded all my cars and looking back some were just laughable but it’s what you do when your young right.

But again I just went to dark and haven’t had the time to remove and respray. The thing is in the pictures they do look fully blacked out when in fact you still see reflectors and still see the red lense behind the tint. MOT had no issues because of that reason.

The picture of the car is a lovely shade. I just went spraying crazy as I’ve used a different spray previously. When I get the time to do it again I’ll be sure to let you know. Annoyingly I sprayed my friends car and the lights came out near enough the same which sucked lol
Too dark for my taste? yes.. but i enjoy seeing the changes!
Big gay wing next @CharlieSAudi , i like the controversy!! :icon thumright::rockwoot:

Haha think I’ll be called a lot worse if I did that. :whip:

So basically we agree then!:grimacing:

Haha I agree and have said from the start of this post they are just to dark but wouldn’t call my own my chavvy. Don’t get me wrong I like them but it wasn’t the shade I was after.