Timing belt change interval ??

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know the mileage and / or age limit on a timing belt for a 2015 A4 Allroad please ??

5 years rings a bell, but I couldn't find an answer using the search facility. The car has 31K on the clock.

Cheers,
Graeme.

My guess would be 5 or 6 years. Sooner the better considering the damage that can be caused if the belt fails.

Engine code? It could vary depending which engine you have.

Just checked my service book for that and it says CNHA.

It also says in additional service information........toothed belt change 130,000 miles ?? That seems a long time for a timing belt ??

It also says in additional service information........toothed belt change 130,000 miles ?? That seems a long time for a timing belt ??
That's a long time! Like @Dippy said, get it done soon; regardless of mileage, once you get past five years, you're in risky territory.

Yes, every 5 years. Belt can't be inspected. Get the water-pump and tensioner pulley done at the same time. Audi main stealer wasn't too bad as car over 3 years old and just 2.0 litre, think I was £500 a couple of years ago. Just looking at costs now - so it's jumped a bit. Audi quoting £745 if you get water-pump done at the same time or £595 if you just go for belt which is false economy.

Example here: https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/audi/servicing-and-parts-offers/fixed-price-service/

Actually from a quick search on t'internet that looks correct for the 2.0 TDI. Maybe if you maintain an extended warranty you could leave it until then. But if you don't I think the consensus is 5 years. It's a better option than replacing a bent valve, piston crown etc.

5 years mate.

I did my 2015 a4 Tdi Quattro 177bhp in July. Got genuine parts, tbelt kit, water pump, think it came in at £135 all in after sourcing part numbers from online.

tbelt kit - VOLKSWAGEN AUDI Genuine TIMING BELT KIT 03L198119F

water pump- GENUINE VW AUDI SEAT SKODA WATER PUMP 1.6TDI 2.0TDI 03L121011P

Reactions: audiwaterpump and Tiger-G
Wearside Audi have told me 140K or 5 years, which ever comes sooner.

Can anyone tell me if it's a front end off job ??