timewasters part 2 (Adrian/christopher-whatever your real name is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*******s.

Can't think of anyone called Adrian with a hybrid S3, shame you don't know his username.

Hi

It's so frustrating when sh*t like this happens. I feel your pain - it's sad that it has to come to this but anyone who's serious is going to be shelling out the cash anyway and getting a discount seems like a winner to me.

Makes me angry that people have so little respect or consideration for others or at the very least that they can't even be mature enough to admit they're useless and say sorry.

I had a client book me in for some work in Central London on a bank holiday weekend earlier in the year. I cancelled my weekend's hillwalking/climbing trip, turned up on Saturday morning at 0930 in London, waited around for about 2 hours in the cold trying to call the git who had turned off his mobile.

Then they didn't want to pay the bill for me travelling down and waiting - or apologise for screwing up my weekend.

BTW - What's this rumour about you being a plonker? :)

Liam

PS - I have an S3 (AMK). My finger has been hovering over the V3 TIP But It Now button on ebay. Is the V2.x with the alu adapter significantly better or are the v2 & v3 comparable?

So I can plan my pennies - roughly how how much would it cost to dyno my car, fit the V3 TIP, dyno again, and then do a stage 1 remap and do a final dyno?

the badger sense is tingling....

Not to make light of a crappy situation - which this is - but the above quote really did make me chuckle.

Any way you can find out Christopher/Adrian/Captain Codpiece's name Bill?

detective-badger.jpg

Then we can hunt him down... mwhahaha

Reactions: ruffrida
Thats **** that is they need naming and shaming, even just a courtesy call a few days before to say sorry i can make it and i mean times are tough for ppl at the minute so if ppl are having money difficulties im sure you would have understood and said let me know when your back on track n ill book you ill.
its discracefull that ppl dont know that ppl have a business to run and not a fun fair, the country has gone to pot.

Olly

its the previous ignorence.. compounded by the lies this time re name etc...

previously, when no show I sent txt asking if date was mixed up etc reminding them of the booking. No Reply.
I called the number, got what sounded like someone just awake, who as soon as I said badger5, hung up..
Thats the kind of person in question here.

model citizen

its the previous ignorence.. compounded by the lies this time re name etc...

previously, when no show I sent txt asking if date was mixed up etc reminding them of the booking. No Reply.
I called the number, got what sounded like someone just awake, who as soon as I said badger5, hung up..
Thats the kind of person in question here.

model citizen

Modern k**b ed if you ask me

Thats f*****g gash that is. What a waste of your time and effort and is losing you money when you could of had another customer in. What is this place coming to when all that is needed is a polite phone call to say you cant make it............simples!!!

What ******. It's a shame you have had to resort to taking deposits for work, as that could potentially lead to losing business as I'm sure some fickle people won't be keen to put a deposit on a simple remap?

Im a sole trader and Iv had it occasionally, I now call people a day or 2 before if they are new customers just to confirm that they still want a Jigalo

What ******. It's a shame you have had to resort to taking deposits for work, as that could potentially lead to losing business as I'm sure some fickle people won't be keen to put a deposit on a simple remap?

Im a sole trader and Iv had it occasionally, I now call people a day or 2 before if they are new customers just to confirm that they still want a Jigalo

it might do.. BUT remember those who dont buck at the idea of a deposit up front (regardless of it being a remap or whatever) will benefit from a 5% overall discount, so there is an incentive..

Those (fickle) that do buck at the idea, probably fall into the category of "not likely to turn up" either.... No cost penalty to them, if they turn up it will save them money. Ask yourself how serious they actually are if they dont want to pay deposit on something they said they wanted.... How serious are they actually, vs potential timewaster..

time will tell...

What I cant continue to do, is nothing and put up with the likes of the few thoughtless, ignorant folks who cannot be relied to turn up to appointments "They Made"

This adrian/christopher character, epitomises the worst of people.
and a member on here............... You must feel really proud of behaving like this..

I would never dream of booking a car in for such work if i didn't have the funds ready there and then, so paying a deposit and getting a discount at the end sounds great to me

It's the same as the people on here who PM you about a classified ad you have saying they'll buy it, then when it comes to payment they tell you that something's just broken on their car and they cant afford it now!

a lot of people will spend money before they have it, i do, so asking people for a 50% discount will loose you money IMO

either way it will always be hard work getting rid of time wasters

But then spending money before you have it is in part at least what causes the issue?

You book in for a remap in 2 weeks time, thinking you should get the money for it between now and then, for whatever reason the money doesnt happen and your now stuck with a booking you cant pay for. Some folk would then have the decency to call up and explain, others wont.

I'm also not sure about the value. I think the ideas sound but 50% is maybe a little on the high side. It also implies that if you dont give him 48hours notice you'll lose the deposit, sometimes situations occur where you dont have 48hours notice. Hell the car could blow up on the way to bills that morning, and i'd be mighty ****** at losing a couple hundred quid in that sort of scenario.

I suspect whatever happens it should be fairly clear to bill after a few months wether the scheme is working or costing him money in the long run, and then if it turns out to be having a negative effect on business things can be revised from there.

Chaps, everything is based on what is reasonable, it's how society ticks over without too many people getting hurt, on the whole, the vast majority of people are reasonable. Bill in particular, is more than reasonable.

I wouldn't try to read into it too much, I'm sure if you paid 50% of a £500 fee for a custom map, and your car blew up on the way to Badger5, Bill would be more than reasonable in coming to a solution that suits both parties.

He's hardly going to sit there with a cup of tea grinning about how he's just fleeced some poor ******* out of £250 is he?

That's it Nick, Nail on Head, Shizz happens I'm sure Bill understands that.

If you ring and explain, He is a reasonable man, you can then re schedule or whatever arrangement you come to.

It's to prevent the no shows/no contact peeps from ruining it for the genuine people who cannot get an appointment to have work done due to slots being booked but not used

at the end of the day the deposit stops the people who wake up in the morning and go ah i cant be bothered driving there isnt it

but, i would never give anyone 50% for work upfront - that does not brand me a timewaster, mrc are doing over 6k's worth of work to my rs4 and they didn't ask for a penny upfront

trust me, you'll scare people away asking for 50% upfront, 5% yes, 10% maybe but 50% is crazy

alot of people, including myself will work around a mechnic timings, these people obviously want to walk in and walk out on the same day ? instead of me who will happily leave a car somewhere and come back when it is done - why not just offer a lower price, get people to drop off on a sat and collect the next sat ? i am sure people will happily wait a week, or are you that. usythat you work 24 and cannot afford to have one person cancel

i obviously don't know how it all works, but 50% is a big number and the avegae person will move on

either way i hope it doesn't continue happening !

but, i would never give anyone 50% for work upfront - that does not brand me a timewaster, mrc are doing over 6k's worth of work to my rs4 and they didn't ask for a penny upfront

trust me, you'll scare people away asking for 50% upfront, 5% yes, 10% maybe but 50% is crazy

alot of people, including myself will work around a mechnic timings, these people obviously want to walk in and walk out on the same day ? instead of me who will happily leave a car somewhere and come back when it is done - why not just offer a lower price, get people to drop off on a sat and collect the next sat ? i am sure people will happily wait a week, or are you that. usythat you work 24 and cannot afford to have one person cancel

i obviously don't know how it all works, but 50% is a big number and the avegae person will move on

I see where you're coming from and agreed it might be thought of as a tad high by some, but I sit on the other side of the fence in that I don't think Bill is being unreasonable. I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. Plus it wouldn't deter me because I would never book a car in and not turn up.

you are leaving your car there @mrc .. so not the same thing

50% is an arbitrary figure, but its a number to weed out the time wasters.... those that will buck at it, and ignore the 5% overall discount they will get by doing it, are'nt as serious about getting it done at all in my opinion. These would be the timewasters probably in the majority.

Its at my discretion at the end of the day, and my tingling badger sense will be at play trying to determin good from waster..

I also hope it does'nt continue..

Leaving it with me is'nt an issue... turning up at all is.. thats the only issue here.

But then spending money before you have it is in part at least what causes the issue?

You book in for a remap in 2 weeks time, thinking you should get the money for it between now and then, for whatever reason the money doesnt happen and your now stuck with a booking you cant pay for. Some folk would then have the decency to call up and explain, others wont.

I'm also not sure about the value. I think the ideas sound but 50% is maybe a little on the high side. It also implies that if you dont give him 48hours notice you'll lose the deposit, sometimes situations occur where you dont have 48hours notice. Hell the car could blow up on the way to bills that morning, and i'd be mighty ****** at losing a couple hundred quid in that sort of scenario.

I have explained the system in the link on post #1
for those who contact and have issue and have to rearrange etc etc, not a problem at all... whatever's paid is still securing their 5% saving and the fact they did it in the first place makes them more genuine.. Of course sh1t happens and some bookings have to be cancelled, delayed etc, but contacting me will resolve it.. I wont be holding folks money for ransome.. I will hope people will contact me in the event of a date issue post booking so other arrangements can be made.

ofcourse i get that, all i was pointing out was that the way its worded makes it seem like if something happened and you couldnt turn up, but had less than 48hrs notice then you'd lose the deposit even if you did call.

Your well known on this forum, but someone coming across you who isnt as well versed, might see that and think "what? no way!"

Maybe the wording just needs a bit of a tweak.

ofcourse i get that, all i was pointing out was that the way its worded makes it seem like if something happened and you couldnt turn up, but had less than 48hrs notice then you'd lose the deposit even if you did call.

Your well known on this forum, but someone coming across you who isnt as well versed, might see that and think "what? no way!"

Maybe the wording just needs a bit of a tweak.

I think this is fairly clear?

It is non-refundable, but transferable to a subsequent booking where I have been given
at least 48 hours notice to their booked in date.

Transferable..

If the cars dead, blown up, or whatever, so no chance of it ever coming in for that bookings work, then I will obviously square up with the customer.. Unlikely scenario as it may be.

Bill, that's classic "he's posted about time wasters so I'll prank him" idiots. Nothing better to do with their time and will be of similar ilk to the aforementioned time wasters that have caused you to start taking deposits!!

Bill, that's classic "he's posted about time wasters so I'll prank him" idiots. Nothing better to do with their time and will be of similar ilk to the aforementioned time wasters that have caused you to start taking deposits!!

He was the cause initially....
then trys again with a different name and same phone number... Now... I am no genius... but... lmao

I dont understand, do you know who this person is.

Bill, I would post the last four digits of this idiots phone number/s then we can find out who he is. Having said that, it appears that is how modern society is. A lot of people dont care a S--T for anyone else. We all see that in the standard of driving on today's roads. Every man for himself.

post his full number. or try googleing it.

this is sh*t :(

i had a guy ring me up about taking some trees down for him, so i made the 40mile round trip to give him a quote and booked in for the following sat.
all was good untill the friday when i rang to check all was ok still, he told me he had them done the day after i went to give him a quote, i asked why he hadnt rang me to cancel and by how much the other qoute was cheaper, he replied very shortly " well you would have found out when you turned up and mind your own f*****g bussiness"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

things like this make you want to charge for quotes, but then you will get no jobs :/ tough call to make

i hope bills decision works for him and serves him well

i had a guy ring me up about taking some trees down for him, so i made the 40mile round trip to give him a quote and booked in for the following sat.
all was good untill the friday when i rang to check all was ok still, he told me he had them done the day after i went to give him a quote, i asked why he hadnt rang me to cancel and by how much the other qoute was cheaper, he replied very shortly " well you would have found out when you turned up and mind your own f*****g bussiness"

things like this make you want to charge for quotes, but then you will get no jobs :/ tough call to make

knoxie that is fecking terrible!
surely he'd have at least let you know, maybe even tried to haggle price down after his new quote.

:think:
I know google is good but i dont think it is are that far advanced....:p..... lets try for you..

Let me google that for you ....:happy:
according to the first result, it was bodger that let down badger!

maybe his name is Adrian/chris and drives an S3.

Bill, I would post the last four digits of this idiots phone number/s then we can find out who he is. Having said that, it appears that is how modern society is. A lot of people dont care a S--T for anyone else. We all see that in the standard of driving on today's roads. Every man for himself.

tempting as it is.....
I will resist

I dont understand, do you know who this person is.

No, but have had experience of a similar problem clients before. Same agency, different contact each time, asking if we'll do a certain event that they know we won't do. They got in a huff with us when we first started speaking about a year ago - we ended talks quite abruptly as they were clearly time wasters after 6 months of negotiation!

Status
Not open for further replies.