Time to whore some new photos I took, picture heavy!!!

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Thought I'd take some fresh photos of my car after a wash, polish, and wax as it seems to last a lot longer that way! Plus there's been a few changes since I last posted some photos so thought I'd share them too. Hope you like and comments welcome! :)

Spec list:-

- 2001 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport, mild remap from 180 bhp to 210 bhp
- Currently sat at 147k miles (not looking too bad for it if I don't mind saying myself!)
- Full DIS
- Cruise control

Exterior

- Dolphin Grey
- Genuine S4 front bumper
- Genuine S4 front grilles
- Genuine S4 rear bumper
- Genuine Votex side skirts
- Genuine S4 aluminium wing mirrors
- Genuine S4 boot spoiler
- Leon Cupra R front splitter
- Genuine Audi S4 USDM front number plate recess plate
- US size number plates
- S4 style tailpipes fitted to standard back boxes
- 6000k HID's
- Ring Automotive DRL's
- LED side lights and number plate lights

AudiA4July2013005_zps5e04b62a.jpg

AudiA4July2013012_zpsd7841b50.jpg

AudiA4July2013008_zps36f78c04.jpg

AudiA4July2013013_zpsb8bfbe40.jpg

AudiA4July2013006_zpsa6140eb1.jpg

AudiA4July2013014_zps915495de.jpg

AudiA4July2013015_zps96be5f6c.jpg

Spent the best part of 2 hours cleaning and polishing the original back boxes as I discovered the exhaust system is stainless steel as standard, now they look like new!

AudiA4July2013011_zps63a17fa2.jpg

Wheels, suspension, and handling

- 19"x9.5" ET38 all round BBS LM style wheels
- KW V1 coilovers
- RS4 rear anti roll bar
- Goodridge braided brake hoses all round

Recently bought a brand new set of wheels and tyres, I had these wheels on it previous but the inside of the dished rim were stone chipped and being a perfectionist I couldn't handle it! So after about 3-4 weeks of hunting the country for a supplier that had them in the needed size and fitment I finally got a set which I believe we're the last set available, thank god cos I wouldn't of wanted any other wheels!

AudiA4July2013007_zps9c101dbb.jpg

AudiA4July2013009_zps80014283.jpg

AudiA4July2013010_zpsfd8e24e6.jpg

Interior

- RS4 bucket seat interior consisting of front and rear seats and door cards, with optional white stitching
- S Line FBMF steering wheel from 2012 TT with white stitching
- A1 Quattro Exclusive alloy gear knob with white stitched gaitor
- RS4 black head lining
- Chrome new style head light switch
- Genuine B7 S Line alloy kick plates (to be fitted)
- Pioneer AppRadio double din touch screen headunit
- Vibe BlackAir component speakers
- JBL GTO 4 channel amp
- Alpine 10" Type S sub
- Brodit pass through iPhone cradle

AudiA4July2013023_zpsad29b83c.jpg

AudiA4July2013021_zpsfc98aaef.jpg

AudiA4July2013017_zpsf6c7bccc.jpg

AudiA4July2013024_zps5b8ab636.jpg

Obviously my daughter had to have her own Recaro bucket seat! :)

AudiA4July2013025_zpsd03a23dd.jpg

AudiA4July2013022_zps2628ef4b.jpg

AudiA4July2013020_zps70f77e32.jpg

AudiA4July2013016_zps49255466.jpg

Just had to get this A1 Quattro Exclusive gear knob when I saw it to compliment the steering wheel and seats....

AudiA4July2013018_zps2d732bd7.jpg

AudiA4July2013019_zpsaa9c8426.jpg

Engine bay

- Porsche oil cap
- Porsche coolant reservoir cap
- Lots of elbow grease!

AudiA4July2013026_zps9bdbbfb7.jpg

AudiA4July2013027_zpsd8e12aba.jpg

AudiA4July2013028_zps57b07f4b.jpg

AudiA4July2013029_zps7e1013f3.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'll be at the VW 50th anniversary annual meet in Redbourn, Hertfordshire, tonight if anyone wants a closer look in the flesh.

Az

Reactions: JudderMan, gupsterg, azman and 1 other person
Looks great, very clean. You car is one of my favourites on here. 'If' it were mine, I would put standard sized number plates back on, but that's just me being picky. I would also consider a joey-mod on the headlights too, but that's just me. Other than that I love it.

AWESOME Youve [put a lot of time and cash into it. Bet it gives you a buzz every time you get in. What else is there to do? do the rs4 door handles come with the light pack inserts

Last edited:
I love your.... it's perfection in my eyes... if i had to change one thing it would be to carbon the dash and door trims and thats it.... nothing else..... do the multi functions on the steering wheel actually work ???

RS4 seats :wub: seen a few pictures of your beast but never the interior, cracking job.

Thanks a lot for all the kind comments guys, much appreciated.

Looks great, very clean. You car is one of my favourites on here. 'If' it were mine, I would put standard sized number plates back on, but that's just me being picky. I would also consider a joey-mod on the headlights too, but that's just me. Other than that I love it.

Cheers James, I used to have normal sized plates which were short length and they looked smart on it, but just felt like a change and wanted to have some plates that were out of the norm on a vag car. I have considered a host mod but I like the chrome headlight housing as it goes with all the other bits of trim such as the window surrounds and grille surrounds, plus the wheels of course.

AWESOME Youve [put a lot of time and cash into it. Bet it gives you a buzz every time you get in. What else is there to do? do the rs4 door handles come with the light pack inserts

Cheers mate! Well I desperately want to paint over the horrid red calipers (only been wanting to do that since July 2010!) to silver, and some subtle touches, need some nice new mats, and thinking of making my own unique ambient lighting along the dash and door cards, but as and when I get a chance, it's hard work trying to upkeep the car when you've got 3 kids to manage and awkward long hours at work :( The RS4 door cards do have the red ambient lighting pack under the door handles, and they have puddle lights too. :)

I love your.... it's perfection in my eyes... if i had to change one thing it would be to carbon the dash and door trims and thats it.... nothing else..... do the multi functions on the steering wheel actually work ???

Thanks very much buddy! As with the Joel mod, I also considered carbon dash and door trims, but decided on the silver fish scale instead as it goes with the silver steering wheel trims, gear knob etc... The buttons on the steering wheel do control the audio side of things, but not the Bluetooth unfortunately.

Forgot to add that RS4 pedals and footrest are definitely on the list of things to do as well!

I have considered a host mod but I like the chrome headlight housing as it goes with all the other bits of trim such as the window surrounds and grille surrounds, plus the wheels of course.

I knew you'd say that, and I fully understand what you mean. I know my car has a 'darker' theme than yours, but I was amazed with the difference the joey mod makes, the car looks loads more aggressive, and you still have the chrome reflectors anyway.

Are you going to AITP? I'll show you what I mean.

That's very very nice some hard works gone into that by the looks of it very clean too well done

Thats simply a superb example Az!! One of the cleanest ive seen.
I love the B6's......... top work mate.:applaus:

Car looks reeally nice Az. Loving the effort gone into keeping it looking so clean and fresh. There's some brilliantly tasteful mods on show there aswell - RS4 interior's killer!

I'd have to agree with you on the calipers, i think silver ones would look better too. Gold would be a pretty mad contrast but not sure how it would come off tbh, might look stupid. There's something about red calipers that just says 'Ripspeed' to me... I don't know why!?

Anyway mate lovely job, lovely car and thanks for sharing :icon_thumright:

Thanks again for all the comments!

The calipers will definitely be rubbed down and re-painted silver or possibly even black, I'd prefer silver but they could prove difficult to keep looking mint through the smallish spokes on the wheels, that'll be the only reason I do black, but it's 90% gonna be silver.

James - Now I think about it and look at my headlights I'm thinking the host mod could work well and make it look a bit moodier at the front yet keep some chrome touches to match the other bits, so yeah could well happen that! As for AITP I am planning on going if I can, it's actually on my birthday but the mrs and her side of the family make a big thing about birthdays so hopefully they won't mind me going to the show instead of them spoiling me like they do!

Oh and my car won 'Best post 1990 water cooled VAG' at last nights HertsVW 50th annual meet show and shine! Wasn't expecting it at all! It was voted by the people who attended the meet not just the organisers which was nice, so happy with that! :)

Very nice clean and subtle! Really liking the seats, gear knob, oil & water cap....Lurvely touches.
If it weren't for the number plate recesses them plates would look good, you're happy though so who cares. Nice Car.

Very nice clean and subtle! Really liking the seats, gear knob, oil & water cap....Lurvely touches.
If it weren't for the number plate recesses them plates would look good, you're happy though so who cares. Nice Car.

Thanks mate, it's the little touches that sometimes count the most eh. The number plate recess isn't worth the money and hassle of getting a USDM bootlid, I may change it back at some stage anyway.

Cracking effort and results there matey, hats off to you! Hearing that the standard exhaust is stainless steel is my favourite bit!

Take off the DRL's !

Apart from that absolutely gorgeous !
Must owe you a small fortune

Cracking effort and results there matey, hats off to you! Hearing that the standard exhaust is stainless steel is my favourite bit!

Cheers mate, yeah I was pleased about that myself! Good excuse to cut out the middle boxes now and have it making some more noise! These sound great with a straight through to the back boxes!

Take off the DRL's !

No! :) I like them, I can fully understand when people dislike the sh1tty stick on awful led strips for DRL's, but when some effort has been made to actually make them fit into a suitable place and a quality DRL cluster used I can't see the hate personally. But that's what makes the world a better place I guess, would be a boring world of everyone liked the same thing.

Apart from that absolutely gorgeous !
Must owe you a small fortune

Thanks! :) it does owe a fair whack, I wouldn't like to add up all the receipts, and that's not even including all the second hand parts such as the interior.

This question has been asked a million times I think but what is your tire size and does it rub or did you roll the fenders? Your stance looks perfect!

Stunning pics mate, like your new wheels they look very similar to your old ones ha ha ;)

Thanks again for the kind comments everyone.

Scott - I don't use anything underneath the child seat, luckily with the Recaro child seat it's pretty much leather friendly as its almost a completely flat plastic base on it, the back rest is also completely flat but is fabric so it's no harm to the leather at all, that's why baby and child Recaro seats are THE BEST! Because not only are they safe on the leather but they are über cool, and look a thousand times better than any other seats! The other child seat we have for my 15 month old son is a different matter though, that does instantly mark the leather with dents from the uneven horrible base and back rest, hate that child seat! That's why it stays in the mrs car unless its absolutely needed in mine.

Bassie10 - The tyres are 235/35/19 all round, there are no spacers used behind the wheel, no arch work done at all, and no rubbing at all, either on full lock or from the rear arches. :)

Paul - Mate you know what it's like, you can't beat the LM's, especially in the sun with those rims gleaming! I looked at and trialled loads of other wheels but nothing came close to the LM's, they just suit the car perfectly in my opinion, so fort long and hard to get another set, it was a mission as I was struggling to get them in the size and fitment I needed again, but last resort paid off thank god! You going to AITP5 mate?

I know what you mean, I have to buy another set I smashed one of the rears on a curb last week and wrecked it, gutted is not the word but they are the best. I will be going this year, not done any shows yet just been finishing off the interior and a few other little interior mods so it should be ready for AITP.

Ahhh man your joking!! That's rubbish Paul! I'd be fuming! Have you enquired anywhere about getting a replacement wheel or set? Good to hear you'll be going to AITP, so I should see you there mate!

looks awesome mate , can i be cheeky and ask how much you paid for the a1 gear knob ? and did you buy from audi ? if you could pm me the part number and details would be great

Cheers joncro! :)

S23 - The A1 Quattro gear knob was from Audi, it comes as a gear knob and gaitor, it was supposed to be £105 if I remember correctly but I know an Audi tech at my local dealer so he gets me discount on parts, I paid £74 for it which was a nice discount. The gear knob itself is a direct replacement as it fits on the exact same way as the standard knob, but the gaitor on the A1 knob is smaller that the standard A4 one, so I removed the plastic frame from the bottom of the A1 gaitor (by pulling out all of the staples from around the gaitor which holds it onto the frame, and did the same with my original frame, then I managed to pretty much squeeze the A1 gaitor over the original A4 gaitor frame, it took myself and my wife a bit of a struggle to get it on but it just quite literally fits over it with a bit of encouragement. Once you manage to get the A1 gaitor over the A4 frame it's advisable to re-staple the gaitor onto the plastic frame, I didn't actually do that cos I didn't know where my staple gun was at the time, but touch wood it hasn't popped or managed to pull off of it. Once you clip back the plastic frame into the gear surround it should hold it in place anyway. The part number is 8X0 863 278 J ZDP.

Hope that helps! ;)