Time to say goodbye...

I'm sure your little one will love the R as well once you start having drives out to get them asleep... and once you squeeze the throttle and a big grin shines from the seat hahaha.

My little one loves it and is always shouting "let's do a launch dad!" Or "go on overtake that car!"

Awesome @batch :yahoo:

Got to love a back seat " racer " :)

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 3 others
I'm sure your little one will love the R as well once you start having drives out to get them asleep... and once you squeeze the throttle and a big grin shines from the seat hahaha.

My little one loves it and is always shouting "let's do a launch dad!" Or "go on overtake that car!"

I get the same, "you can go fast now Dad there's nobody in front" lol

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 2 others

Love this... How’s he enjoying Lapland?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Oh he loved it mate, we got back on Monday evening was only a 3 day turn around so was all rush rush rush.

He laughed when I said we should of brought the Quattro over Haha.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch
My lad looks over from his seat in the back at the digital speedo and then tells mum I’ve been speeding !!!!

When he gets a bit older I guess he’ll be pointing out any talent we go past ;o)

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, Bitzieee and 6 others
My lad looks over from his seat in the back at the digital speedo and then tells mum I’ve been speeding !!!!

When he gets a bit older I guess he’ll be pointing out any talent we go past ;o)
Ah Rob, that makes me smile. Your son is quite a character. As for the talent, I not got a comment for that, lol. :) x

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person

Remember All Boyz are Mummy Boyz..... Lol

Reactions: pburv, Bristle Hound, Tom.H and 1 other person

Haha mine is good at keeping it quiet if I have had a spirited drive, he knows I'd get moaned at if he says anything lol

Reactions: pburv, Mark_86 and Jassyo06
Had a similar scenario when we had a 16v Astra GTE in the 90's, which had a digi dash
When I got home from work, both the kids used to fall over themselves to tell me how fast Mummy was driving, which was usually 3 figures lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Had a similar scenario when we had a 16v Astra GTE in the 90's, which had a digi dash
When I got home from work, both the kids used to fall over themselves to tell me how fast Mummy was driving, which was usually 3 figures lol

Oh man I loved mine had 3 GTE’s 1.8 then 2.0 8V then 2.0 16V

Then onto the GSI in spectral blue.
d08db781b498c6aa0f575d1dd2261057.jpg

Reactions: pburv, MikeParkin, The Kendragon and 3 others
Just a quick reminder about the bits I’ll be taking off, and a very good spec, well-looked after sportback available for sale if anyone is looking!

So, after a lot of soul-searching and fighting my heart ruling my head, I’ve finally ordered a replacement for the S3 . We’ve got a little one on the way, due February, and whilst it was more than big enough, the monthlies were taking the **** a bit when all the additional costs we’ve got coming began to add up. Started looking at leasing after @Bristle Hound ’s awesome find on a Leon Cupra R, and almost went with a Leon Cupra 300 ST (Estate) before a mate who’s used the company many times before tipped me off about an incredible deal on this...

View attachment 143186

We’ve settled on a Tornado Red Golf Estate R, 2018-spec with just one extra, the Dynaudio stereo upgrade. All the go-faster bits from the S3 swap straight over (except the MTM apparently but I’m going to give it a whirl) and at least it will still have some “go”. Actually quite excited to get a new car a year earlier than we expected and to see what these are like.
Of course it will wear my REVO 19s and probably a set of KW V2s as the C5 RS6 I nearly bought back in October had them on and was a dreamboat to drive!
I’m really sad to see the back of my 8V which personally speaking has been amazing, I still grin hard whenever I open it up on a decent road and it looks gorgeous, but hopefully I’ll be back in another S/RS after the R. In the mean time I’d like to stay around on here if that’s ok with you lot as I’ve made some good friends and love it here - basically the same car anyway right?!

On that note, I have a few bits up for grabs:
  • Sportback/saloon(?) carbon fibre inlay kit
  • ONE-OFF carbon fibre exhaust tips
  • Possibly an M-Cantronic unit
  • Possibly HEL brake lines (if I can be bothered)
  • Side Assist-equipped carbon fibre mirror cases for your S3 ones plus cash my way.
I’m not as gutted as I would have been if we’d bought an XC60 or A4 Avant, but I’m gonna miss my lovely girl!
:cry:

Snap.. I've recently done the same thing, moving from an A3 184ps (tuned to 240ps) to a golf r estate. In terms of performance, its a total animal when you want it to be, but can be civilised when you wish - my first "performance estate". If I'm honest I would have liked to go to the new S4-avant, but a bit too rich for my blood at the moment, but intend to hopefully head that way in the future....

IMG 3173

Reactions: pburv, T-800 and Jassyo06
That's why you don't have kids fellas, have dogs instead!

A bit late to this one...lol
Congratulations @batch ...Hope you and your increasing family have a lovely Christmas :friends:
Enjoy your new car buddy.......Just try not to look at it from the side haha:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, MikeParkin and Audi Bairn
I may well be a two-wagon household if we were offered the Golf R wagon here...

Snap.. I've recently done the same thing, moving from an A3 184ps (tuned to 240ps) to a golf r estate. In terms of performance, its a total animal when you want it to be, but can be civilised when you wish - my first "performance estate". If I'm honest I would have liked to go to the new S4-avant, but a bit too rich for my blood at the moment, but intend to hopefully head that way in the future....

View attachment 144260
Same here SMK, I almost got an S4 Avant on a lease but by the time I saw this company’s offer on it we’d ordered the R and whilst it was a great deal it was still a big difference!

Congratulations @batch ...Hope you and your increasing family have a lovely Christmas :friends:
Enjoy your new car buddy.......Just try not to look at it from the side haha:whistle2:
Thanks mate! I don’t mind the shape, but the actual rear end is still taking some getting used to!

I may well be a two-wagon household if we were offered the Golf R wagon here...
Where are you Dan?

Reactions: pburv
Tis a tad ungainly from side on l agree mate

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Shows how different we all are
Me thinks the Golf R estate looks fab from the front & side
But its got a fugly *** IMHO

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: batch and pburv
BIG congrats on the new family member, and congrats on the new R.......not much of a compromise! Enjoy.

Reactions: pburv
Carbon fibre inlays SOLD.
Still have the one-off carbon fibre exhaust trims available, straight from a refresh! These are gorgeous, wish they fitted the R!

Carbon fibre inlays SOLD.
Still have the one-off carbon fibre exhaust trims available, straight from a refresh! These are gorgeous, wish they fitted the R!
Can you tell me some more about the tips, any pictures?

Can you tell me some more about the tips, any pictures?
Ju, if you look at my build thread they are covered on there (should be near this thread as I’ve only just added to it) - basically a friend of mine hand-made them for me at huge labour, using top-notch materials and his workmanship is second to none (he’s a founding member of Edition 38). He won’t make another set (not even for me on the R) and the only others I’ve found are from CarbonDesignz and are $950!

Get them up for big money @batch haha, if I didn't get a Milltek cat back I'd of had them mate.

Once my brakes are sorted I'm Stage 3+ ready haha.

Reactions: batch
They look nice mate and probably better in the flesh!

Tis a tad ungainly from side on l agree mate
That’s putting it politely imho. I think that the R Estate is one ugly mofo.

However, if the OP likes it then that’s all that matters:racer:

That’s putting it politely imho. I think that the R Estate is one ugly mofo.

However, if the OP likes it then that’s all that matters:racer:
Whoa whoa whoa! I didn’t say I LIKED it! I can tolerate it for that price, actually like it side on but the **** end looks like a mini, rear-ended Touareg!

Reactions: MikeParkin, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Can't understand why the estate doesn't have LED rear lights like the hatch.

Afaik they do yes but they don’t have the sweeping indicators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good choice with the R estate. Just ordered one on a lease myself in indium grey, was torn between that and the blue. Quite like the white and it was cheaper but current car is white and couldn’t cope with two white cars!

Love the red as well but it’s a red gtd it’s replacing so fancied something different.

I sold my S3 3dr last year when I found she was pregnant and replaced with a mk7 GTI dsg 5dr (got it on a stupid cheap lease deal). However never really got on with the combo of front wheel drive and a DSG box (had a mk7 GTI Manual prior to S3 and loved it). Luckily the Mrs likes my GTI so she is having that when the R arrives.

I’m getting plenty of abuse off my mates and the Mrs for going practical family estate but I genuinely like the look of the estate and the added space will come in handy.... not to mention it’s cheap!!

S3’s and R’s are getting stolen for fun round here so need to do some rearranging of the garage shelving so it fits and I can hide it away in their! S3 was always tucked away, some of the neighbours didn’t even know I had it.