Time to say goodbye...

batch

Reaction score
So, after a lot of soul-searching and fighting my heart ruling my head, I’ve finally ordered a replacement for the S3 . We’ve got a little one on the way, due February, and whilst it was more than big enough, the monthlies were taking the **** a bit when all the additional costs we’ve got coming began to add up. Started looking at leasing after @Bristle Hound ’s awesome find on a Leon Cupra R, and almost went with a Leon Cupra 300 ST (Estate) before a mate who’s used the company many times before tipped me off about an incredible deal on this...

6D68C3B3 0305 4B76 A243 1FB76D03A7B4

We’ve settled on a Tornado Red Golf Estate R, 2018-spec with just one extra, the Dynaudio stereo upgrade. All the go-faster bits from the S3 swap straight over (except the MTM apparently but I’m going to give it a whirl) and at least it will still have some “go”. Actually quite excited to get a new car a year earlier than we expected and to see what these are like.
Of course it will wear my REVO 19s and probably a set of KW V2s as the C5 RS6 I nearly bought back in October had them on and was a dreamboat to drive!
I’m really sad to see the back of my 8V which personally speaking has been amazing, I still grin hard whenever I open it up on a decent road and it looks gorgeous, but hopefully I’ll be back in another S/RS after the R. In the mean time I’d like to stay around on here if that’s ok with you lot as I’ve made some good friends and love it here - basically the same car anyway right?!

On that note, I have a few bits up for grabs:
  • Sportback/saloon(?) carbon fibre inlay kit
  • ONE-OFF carbon fibre exhaust tips
  • Possibly an M-Cantronic unit
  • Possibly HEL brake lines (if I can be bothered)
  • Side Assist-equipped carbon fibre mirror cases for your S3 ones plus cash my way.
I’m not as gutted as I would have been if we’d bought an XC60 or A4 Avant, but I’m gonna miss my lovely girl!
:cry:

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, pburv, AudiNutta and 11 others
You will not be disappointed....that is a very nice car...No R Estate in Canada and please hang around on here.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and batch
So, after a lot of soul-searching and fighting my heart ruling my head, I’ve finally ordered a replacement for the S3 . We’ve got a little one on the way, due February, and whilst it was more than big enough, the monthlies were taking the **** a bit when all the additional costs we’ve got coming began to add up. Started looking at leasing after @Bristle Hound ’s awesome find on a Leon Cupra R, and almost went with a Leon Cupra 300 ST (Estate) before a mate who’s used the company many times before tipped me off about an incredible deal on this...

View attachment 143186

We’ve settled on a Tornado Red Golf Estate R, 2018-spec with just one extra, the Dynaudio stereo upgrade. All the go-faster bits from the S3 swap straight over (except the MTM apparently but I’m going to give it a whirl) and at least it will still have some “go”. Actually quite excited to get a new car a year earlier than we expected and to see what these are like.
Of course it will wear my REVO 19s and probably a set of KW V2s as the C5 RS6 I nearly bought back in October had them on and was a dreamboat to drive!
I’m really sad to see the back of my 8V which personally speaking has been amazing, I still grin hard whenever I open it up on a decent road and it looks gorgeous, but hopefully I’ll be back in another S/RS after the R. In the mean time I’d like to stay around on here if that’s ok with you lot as I’ve made some good friends and love it here - basically the same car anyway right?!

• Side Assist-equipped carbon fibre mirror cases for your S3 ones plus cash my way.
I’m not as gutted as I would have been if we’d bought an XC60 or A4 Avant, but I’m gonna miss my lovely girl!
Nice car and be sad to see your S3 tales disappear. If that sounds right....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: batch
@batch congrats on the upcoming addition to the family Rich. Love the new car as well., nice colour choice. As for you staying on here, umm let me think, lol. Of course you can stay on here Rich, your family, we would all miss you if you weren’t here. :) x

Reactions: azibux1, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Thanks all! I’ll be back in another S/RS, but definitely keen to try this out!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Will be intrigued to see what u think of the Golf R. @Rob2k68 has recently jumped ship too and doesnt appear to have looked back, although I think its already been tweaked to his liking :) Atleast you are joining the red mist gang !!

Best wishes ...
Jungle

Reactions: T-800, batch and Rob2k68
Same car really mate, changes changes...... Eh life is full of them all we do is adapt to them philosophical but true,l never even considered a Golf R this time around as l was too wrapped up in silly paint colours lol, if my boy is still with BMW in 2 years I'll be having one of these..... Gotta go where the deal is anyway ya bampot enjoy it...... Lol

Reactions: zcoreyy, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
You will not be disappointed....that is a very nice car...No R Estate in Canada and please hang around on here.
That’s surprising, would have thought it would be suited to that market! I’ll post plenty of pics for you then!

Nice car and be sad to see your S3 tales disappear. If that sounds right...
You still need to swing by! Was going to ask you if the place that did your VentureShield film do normal wrapping? I’ll be wanting the chrome grille bar covered up.

@batch congrats on the upcoming addition to the family Rich. Love the new car as well., nice colour choice. As for you staying on here, umm let me think, lol. Of course you can stay on here Rich, your family, we would all miss you if you weren’t here. :) x
Aww thanks Sandra, I’ll definitely hang around then. Hopefully when this is delivered I’ll actually be able to drive again by then!

Same car really mate, changes changes...... Eh life is full of them all we do is adapt to them philosophical but true,l never even considered a Golf R this time around as l was too wrapped up in silly paint colours lol, if my boy is still with BMW in 2 years I'll be having one of these..... Gotta go where the deal is anyway ya bampot enjoy it...... Lol
Absolutely LOVE that colour you’ve got mate - if I’m in the money next time it’ll be a Voodoo Blue RS3 beastie for me!

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Sandra and Jassyo06
It's lovely that matey, enjoy it and congrats on the little one :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and batch
Thanks mate. Thought Tornado would be a bit different!
I did the same with mine matey, I pick up my new A3 Black Edition on Sunday and I went for the Tango red metallic and I think it compliments the black edition very well. It's been a very slow week so far !! :)

By the way just realised I didn’t say - that’s a stock photo off t’internet, ours isn’t due till Feb.

Hey buddy, congrats on the new car. How much are you looking for for your carbon inlays? Is it the full set for every piece in the FL Sportback? Thanks, D

Congratulations all round pal, like all the above I'm sure you will enjoy it and it is basically the same car.

I'd of had the exhaust tips but I've just got a Milltek ha.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
By the way just realised I didn’t say - that’s a stock photo off t’internet, ours isn’t due till Feb.
It'll soon come round mate, How much you wanting for the carbon inlays btw? They look incredible.

Yay ! Missus will be the taxi service this Christmas then congrats to you both.

Tornado red is a cracking colour - great choice. Dynaudio very nearly on par with B&O despite lacking on paper I’m very impressed the speakers at the base of the A pillars fire the sound straight at you. Will hit 1,000 miles on way home tonight then it’s play time haha

PS Wouldn’t bother swapping the brake lines over prob not worth a lot used and a lot of hassle.

I got back what I paid for my carbon inlays but they were glued to a spare set of 3d black trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MikeParkin, batch, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Congrats on all the new arrivals and imminent arrivals @batch
Would love to hear how it's going with the R Estate from time to time.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, batch, Sandra and 1 other person
PPS Get the RVO19s done in black.

Reactions: T-800 and Sandra

Lol, and so it begins, lol. Hope your well Rob. How’s the new car? :)

Lol, and so it begins, lol. Hope your well Rob. How’s the new car? :)

Haha always happy to spend other people’s money and encourage any mods LoL.

I’m keeping well thanks Sandra looking forward to the Christmas break if I’m honest been a tough year - hope all is well with yourself ?

Enjoying the car just about used to the VW/Audi’s quirks how they both do things quite different you wonder if it’s the same company sometimes. Already got a fair few mods on it ;o)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, T-800, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
Haha always happy to spend other people’s money and encourage any mods LoL.

I’m keeping well thanks Sandra looking forward to the Christmas break if I’m honest been a tough year - hope all is well with yourself ?

Enjoying the car just about used to the VW/Audi’s quirks how they both do things quite different you wonder if it’s the same company sometimes. Already got a fair few mods on it ;o)

All good thanks Rob. Looking forward to Christmas. Glad you enjoying the new car. :) x

Reactions: Audi Bairn, T-800 and Rob2k68

Noooooo, the gunsmoke will look fine! Already lined up carbon fibre VW roundels and mirrors though...

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68
Yay ! Missus will be the taxi service this Christmas then congrats to you both.

Tornado red is a cracking colour - great choice. Dynaudio very nearly on par with B&O despite lacking on paper I’m very impressed the speakers at the base of the A pillars fire the sound straight at you. Will hit 1,000 miles on way home tonight then it’s play time haha

PS Wouldn’t bother swapping the brake lines over prob not worth a lot used and a lot of hassle.

I got back what I paid for my carbon inlays but they were glued to a spare set of 3d black trims.

Cheers Rob - we’ll have to compare notes when I get it! Rumour has it the MTM will work on the facelift/310 cars despite what they say...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Sandra
I’m not sure if the FL is different?

PFL & FL are the same as long as it’s not the optional version with the light strip in.

Sportback and Saloon same - won’t fit H/B.

Reactions: T-800
Noooooo, the gunsmoke will look fine! Already lined up carbon fibre VW roundels ...

For the front grille ? Be careful not to interfere with the ACC radar which has moved from the lower grille to behind the badge.

For the front grille ? Be careful not to interfere with the ACC radar which has moved from the lower grille to behind the badge.

Do they all have ACC??

You have to love the standard features on the VW R with DSG .......In Canada
Driver and front passenger front and and side airbags
Diversity antenna
Power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors
"App-Connect" smartphone integration (Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Mirrorlink)
Black exterior mirror housings
Electronic stability control (ESC)
Heated front washer nozzles
Driving Profile Selection including "Race Mode"
Cross Differential System (XDS)
Electronic alarm system with vehicle immobilization device
USB audio input
Automatic headlights with coming and leaving home function
Cruise control
Body-colored rear spoiler
Climatronic® dual-zone electronic climate control
Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
Rear view camera
Ambient interior lighting
Power-adjustable lumbar support for left front seat
Leather multifunction sport steering wheel
Fender® Premium Audio System 8 speakers plus subwoofer
LED Headlights with Adaptive Front-Light System (AFS)
Front center armrest with locking mechanism
Volkswagen Digital Cockpit (instrument cluster)
Satellite navigation
19" Pretoria alloy wheels with summer performance tires
8.0" touchscreen radio with proximity censor and CD player
Front and rear Side Curtain Protection®
LED tail lights
Leather seating surfaces
12-way power-adjustable front seats
Heated front seats
Start/Stop technology (DSG only)
Voice control
Rain sensing wipers
KESSY - keyless access with push-start button
SiriusXM® satellite radio
Sports seats in front
Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity

Price: 43,500 Cdn.....25,500.00 Sterling plus taxes and shipping add 3,500 Sterling.. Total 29,000.00

Reactions: MikeParkin, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
that's a great car - and congrats on shortly becoming a dad!

I got my FL three weeks ago and it does drive and feel very different to the PFL.

I think you’re right actually. Are they in new condition? How much would you be after for the set?
They’re immaculate mate, only been on a year or so and obviously once they’re on they’re on. They overlay the existing inlays and bond with thin/narrow double sided tape.

congrats @batch on 2 new arrivals! great looking car mate...hardly sensible when you're done with it I'm sure lol....enjoy bud...have a great family xmas...santa's gonna look great getting out of that red car :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
congrats @batch on 2 new arrivals! great looking car mate...hardly sensible when you're done with it I'm sure lol....enjoy bud...have a great family xmas...santa's gonna look great getting out of that red car :)
Thanks mate, I’m happy I’ll still have an MQB and still be on here!

Reactions: MikeParkin and Bristle Hound

View attachment 143186

@batch - First off & most important. Congrats on the impending new arrival!
If you think cars are expensive, well you ain't seen nothing yet lol

Golf R estate looks fab buddy
PM me the deal you got mate :D

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Tom.H, MikeParkin and 2 others
PS @batch @Rob2k68 - Me thinks we may have to have a MQB owners thread ;) :D

Reactions: MikeParkin, batch and Rob2k68
I'm sure your little one will love the R as well once you start having drives out to get them asleep... and once you squeeze the throttle and a big grin shines from the seat hahaha.

My little one loves it and is always shouting "let's do a launch dad!" Or "go on overtake that car!"

Awesome @batch :yahoo:

Reactions: pburv, The Kendragon, Rob2k68 and 2 others