Time to say fairwell to another A4.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well two week have almost past since my trusty old B7 bus left me for the bodyshop and it is ready to collect tomorrow, so its time to say fairwell to the nice shinny almost new A4 Avant courtesy car I've had in its place.
So what thoughts has it left me with , are the new A4's really that much better than my old B7 , well yes and no,
yes they are loaded to the gunnels with technology some good, some very good and some functions just downright useless ....lol
do they actually ride any better, well compared to my old bus with its new bilstien/H&R setup then no not really but they are much better than the stock B7 s-line setup.
Do they look any better , well for me that's a deffo no, and the more I see new audi models the more I think the B7 was the best shape.
Interior is a much fresher look and feel but has lost a lot of that quality build found on the B7 and seats are not as good.
performance is very good but kinda becomes a bit predicatable to be honest, so would I buy one in place of my B7 , most certainly not, as good as it is etc , its just hasn't got the special feel to it that my trusty old bus has....maybe just an old man thing but new isn't allways best...
anyway , a picky of it before it goes , just another new A4 avant so nothing special, roll on tomorrow to get a proper car back.

B89

Last edited:
Reactions: Baka
Mine is in the body shop too, Rob, but I'm a couple of months too young and wof being able to have a courtesy car! Have been driving my old Accord and the B7 really is so much better, so much more refined, comfortable and better looking. Can't wait until Wednesday to get my baby back and I expect you're feeling the same!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk