Time to move on from the S3

THX

Reaction score
So this will probably be my last post for a while on this forum. It has been fun and there are a few good people here giving out advice and so on. So it is time to move on from the S3. I've had it 2 1/2 years now and it has never let me down, has been easy to run, somewhat economical to service and fill up and it is easy to drive quickly. And that ultimately became the issue with the S3, it was so good it bored me rigid. I wanted to go TT RS or RS3 Saloon next but the rumours and waiting also bored me rigid, so I finally let my heart rule my head and gone a completely different route for at least the next year or so. I was lucky that I got a car that had just been delivered as a dealer demo and was unregistered and hadn't entered said role yet, so I jumped an 8 month waiting list. I'm either going to love or hate it and it was certainly a heart over head purchase. I hope everyone here continues to enjoy their A3/S3's and I'll see 'yal around

Bitonthesidesmall

Reactions: jimojameso, richinsoton, 344bigal and 17 others
Hope you enjoy your new Muscle Car!! Love that colour, probably the best colour Ford do.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Not my type of car but l can relate to your opinion of the S3,I've had mine's almost 2 years now and l will be looking to change it this year, can't really pinpoint any other brand of car that l would want change to other than another Audi but they do seem to be getting more and more expensive now but not offering more car for that extra expense, anyway enjoy your new car mate...... All the best

Reactions: Sandra, pburv, Audi Bairn and 3 others
All the best with the new motor mate - awesome colour !!

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
As clarkson said "a better car is one that is worse - hence more engaging", or words to that effect

Reactions: pburv, THX and Jassyo06
Nice choice. I looked at both the Mustang GT and Camaro SS before getting my S3, both great and fun cars.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, THX and 1 other person
So this will probably be my last post for a while on this forum. It has been fun and there are a few good people here giving out advice and so on. So it is time to move on from the S3. I've had it 2 1/2 years now and it has never let me down, has been easy to run, somewhat economical to service and fill up and it is easy to drive quickly. And that ultimately became the issue with the S3, it was so good it bored me rigid. I wanted to go TT RS or RS3 Saloon next but the rumours and waiting also bored me rigid, so I finally let my heart rule my head and gone a completely different route for at least the next year or so. I was lucky that I got a car that had just been delivered as a dealer demo and was unregistered and hadn't entered said role yet, so I jumped an 8 month waiting list. I'm either going to love or hate it and it was certainly a heart over head purchase. I hope everyone here continues to enjoy their A3/S3's and I'll see 'yal around

View attachment 115320

ls that Nitrous Blue...aka Focus RS blue....? Anyways it looks frickin awesome on the Mustang

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Mega car! Enjoy mate, please get some more pictures and a little review up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and THX
ls that Nitrous Blue...aka Focus RS blue....? Anyways it looks frickin awesome on the Mustang
It's grabber blue and is an original year one Mustang colour from 1964. It looks stunning day and night and is one thing that won me over on the two test drives I had. Going to add matt black badges, a new exhaust to make it slightly louder but without drone and a full machine polish and ceramic coat. Put 200 miles on it already and have a business trip this week that will put another 700 on. That should see it run in, LOL.

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1, Scottyg and 5 others
Yup, love the colour too and car looks great.
I specced up this and the Camaro and couldn't believe how much you got for £35k to £40k.

Reactions: THX, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
It's grabber blue and is an original year one Mustang colour from 1964. It looks stunning day and night and is one thing that won me over on the two test drives I had. Going to add matt black badges, a new exhaust to make it slightly louder but without drone and a full machine polish and ceramic coat. Put 200 miles on it already and have a business trip this week that will put another 700 on. That should see it run in, LOL.

Awesome...lol....pure under lying exuberance ......coming through on yer post Mr Mc Queen...lol....Grabber Blue...*** ....sounds Exotic......lol

Reactions: Sandra, THX, Rob2k68 and 2 others
That can be a fun car to drive...apart from a Ferrari V12 a V8 engine also has a unique song on full throttle. Where are the dealers in the UK to service and provide parts for that car?
There are still some fun muscle cars made in the USA for a very, very reasonable price and dealers in every town, not like some German and Italian cars

Reactions: THX, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
To the Op..... You ****** turncoat!
I,m not at all jealous:p
Happy motoring fella;-)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra, THX and 2 others
Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
H

Ha Ha.. Thought I would be different this is an Audi forum afterall...lol
Awesome car Thought:-D

Smoked ye....lol but but but...there's a Face lift of the said car coming oot......but face lift cars....are just new Lipstick n Mascara....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Sandra and pburv
****** hell jassy! You giving out makeup tips......lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1, Sandra and 4 others
Good luck, and see you back in a couple of months. :yahoo:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Certainly a far better looking car than the FRS.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
@THX love the car, love the colour. Enjoy it. :)
@jassyo06 your knowledge of make up is disturbing, lmao. You never fail to make me smile though. :) x

Reactions: THX, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Lovely new car.....all the best with it. Love the colour.

Reactions: THX and Jassyo06
Seemingly more safety kit on the US model that they scrimped on with the UK model. Tight fisted Ford at its best!

Good ole fashion mechanical V8 Muscle

Reactions: THX and Jassyo06
Independent tests give it a 2 star safety rating..........

Reactions: RSS-S3
Didn't know the NCAP score when I bought it and don't really care now. It's meaningless if they don't test everything on the same basis, or test it at all. Go and look up NCAP scores for most Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes and Porsche - they all don't get tested (only some models) and no Porsche has ever been tested by NCAP. Also it was marked down for lack of nanny technology like radar cruise control and lane assist, not the outcome of any crash. It scored 5 Stars elsewhere that isn't funded by European car manufacturers. You won't find any of that in click bait headlines though. I'm loving it and have no concerns. It's great being stopped all the time from people who genuinely love the car and want to know more or get a picture. I get loads of toots and thumbs up from other drivers, pedestrians, kids taking photos on their phones and grown men acting like kids wanting to see it or hear it start up. Never, ever got that attention with the S3, so it is taking me by surprise but putting a huge smile on my face. It's gone in today for a three day detail and ceramic coat application, new exhaust and black badges. Take care guys and hope you all keep enjoying your A3/S3's

Reactions: Mark_86 and Jassyo06
Didn't know the NCAP score when I bought it and don't really care now. It's meaningless if they don't test everything on the same basis, or test it at all. Go and look up NCAP scores for most Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes and Porsche - they all don't get tested (only some models) and no Porsche has ever been tested by NCAP. Also it was marked down for lack of nanny technology like radar cruise control and lane assist, not the outcome of any crash. It scored 5 Stars elsewhere that isn't funded by European car manufacturers. You won't find any of that in click bait headlines though. I'm loving it and have no concerns. It's great being stopped all the time from people who genuinely love the car and want to know more or get a picture. I get loads of toots and thumbs up from other drivers, pedestrians, kids taking photos on their phones and grown men acting like kids wanting to see it or hear it start up. Never, ever got that attention with the S3, so it is taking me by surprise but putting a huge smile on my face. It's gone in today for a three day detail and ceramic coat application, new exhaust and black badges. Take care guys and hope you all keep enjoying your A3/S3's

Well said mate....get the detailed images up on here l love that colour

Reactions: THX