Time to do double din!

TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Double din conversion will soon take place :)

Need to source a good stereo now :)

6317dffff806938385dcbf5ee540fa62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mister.c., Sherv and Cambaines
I got a Mk1 RNS-e for sale buddy if you are interested, let me know!

Double din is awesome, you are never gonna regret doing this change!

Good stuff

You might get a problem with the rear speakers being off balance compared to the front but I'm sure that topic is covered somewhere in the forum... might only be audi's with bose not 100% sure. Look forward to see what you get!

Looking at rnse seems so much things to be plugged in to achieve functions that I could get in a decent kenwood unit... But oem is a nice look...still got couple weeks to decide..will make a video of the install from single to double as well! :)

I'm probably going for this one for my Mrs who is having issues with her TT (bose Amp and water). http://www.roadradio.com/Pioneer/AVH-X2800BT/ It suits her needs albeit I will be getting mine professionally installed due to the various issues. It doesnt look a bad bit of kit for £250 or so. If I like it then I'll probably go similiar in my A3. She doesn't care for Sat Nav, or DAB.

On the RNSE it depends what you want it for - if better sound is high up then for the same money then your thoughts on Kenwood or elsewhere would be what I would be thinking.

Wish you goodluck, Not only do you need a trim to go with that but you also need all the facelift buttons and you need to replace hazard and the cupholder, NONE of these fit the double din. Also duel climate control will need trimmed down a lot or you can buy a facelift one but it starts to add the £££££

20160410_223147.jpg

I did do it as well, Got the part numbers if you need them :D

Trimmed down how??

The sides of the climate control will hit the sides of car so you need to trim them down, I made a complete mess of mine and imma just buy a facelifted one later..

What did you use?

A dermal with like a sanding part on it, Just go over the sides finely till it fits snuggly... I might be able to get a few pics of that process

Ah well the link tells you how to do the swap with pics, Really helpful

Reactions: TimWills28
Advice for getting the cage out - don't be shy with it - if you also cut the tabs off on the bottom for where you use to have your stuff sat by the ash tray, you can use this again as well - will make sense when you do it -

Tim go android, so much more bang for your buck especially if you don't mind messing and clearly you don't mind messing around :)

Reactions: Sherv and TimWills28
Just installed my reverse camera, hi/li convertor to get the rear speakers/amp working. Just bought sygic & totally loving the unit!

Just installed my reverse camera, hi/li convertor to get the rear speakers/amp working. Just bought sygic & totally loving the unit!

What Headunit you got mate? And what's the converter look like?

Tim you got MFSW or Bose? as you need different looms for them

Should be easy peasy then, as you've prob read if you go android then the rear speakers suffer with lower volume out the box, if you read the minefield of info on here you'll find a solution for every options list. I don't have MFSW but do have Bose and after much trial and error my final solution for me was a CT53-AU02 loom

Don't let that put you off, you get so much more features wise, compared to the costly RSNE

Reactions: Sherv
Can even get the same units on eBay now with android 5.1 and newer spec inside

Reactions: Sherv
Got my parts and judt done the mfsw upgrade, looking at units now i have parking oem sensors will these work with new units?

Reactions: TimWills28
I finally picked what double din unit I wanted.....

1EDE19AEABCCBB5C7FB107C1F212F884459A0434EED8130D3Apimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

400 quid, Pretty much brand new..., With key and 2016 Maps. Cracking unit too..