Time to change the chain and tensioner and cam follower.... Camshaft???

Yes had to take take out inlet cam well waggle it about to get chain off

you couldn't get the chain off just by removing the variator then.

You meant to be able to get the chain off by just taking the variator off but it was extremely tight so was best just to take the inlet cam out

doesn't that make a lot more work then as all the timing will need to be redone to be spot on.

Time up the cams and lock the exhaust cam up as the cam belt drives the exhaust cam the inlet cam is driven by the chain

doesn't that make a lot more work then as all the timing will need to be redone to be spot on.

You’ll need the locking tool in place after you set the timing to TDC. If you’re looking to buy that stuff let me know since I already have it and will let it go for a decent price. I just did my cam chain and guide last weekend.

83d9273c01142b461929bf777db3281c.jpg
75b69449b9e073ac35d8748ca9957b1f.jpg
a0df40bb18c0632ee2db53d67911411f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest the only thing that bugs me about this job is that cam bolt, the lack of space with our longitudinal engines does make it awkward to say the least, i'm very surprised there isn't a special tool for it aswell , other than the splined bit that is.

Did you change the three plastic washer that go on the input shaft that go into the variator