Time has come for my S3 build thread!

Hey mate, please post a picture of your grill installed ;)
Thanks

Reactions: Chief Stark
I mean a clear one, with some light if it is possible

Hey mate, please post a picture of your grill installed ;)
Thanks

There you go mate, sorry been away saving cash but I think I am back in business lol some mods to come soon. It's bonus day so just looking in to a couple of mods, was thinking of going for a remap but I may wait for an APR sale or something like that. In the meantime I may do the ARBs and bushes as the car is like a shakey old man on my country roads!

Reactions: S3Alex
So, finally found the time to fit my RS3 grille, revo intake and TTS engine cover. Pretty straight forward to be honest, thought it would be a lot harder than it was! Got some pictures below of fitting and prep with my mate and the end result!

Up next is probably a full TBE and I am swaying towards a custom made one from EMP Performance. Anyone have any experience with EMP and any rubbing issues as I have heard that some custom exhausts from companies can rattle because there is such a small gap for the downpipe.

Looks mustard mate. big fan

Reactions: Samy boi
Looks mustard mate. big fan

Cheers Donny!

So, went a bit mad last night and spent hours looking at detailing websites and products and ended up doing some shopping on the Slim's Detailing website and spent around £130. Bought in bulk as long term it's cheaper! Can't wait to get everything as my car is looking a bit dull and want to sort out the paintwork! Ordered the following:

Dodo Juice Born Slippy 500ml
Valetpro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 5L
2 X Spray Bottles
Valetpro Dash Brush
Slim's Detailing Snow Foam Lance & Karcher Connector
Poorboys Black Hole 946ml
Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal Sealant 500ml
Valetpro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam - 5L
Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealent - For rear Wiper Delete

Still need to get a clay bar as I thought they were way overpriced on site so will check elsewhere but I am hoping this is a good start. Also, need a leather cleaner/wax so will be looking about. I look forward to spending a full day on the car with my new goodies!

Last edited:
Looks nice, nearly bought a phantom black before my ibis as they look great when polished, good to see you're into detailing just a note that bilberry is a very high alkaline so if you ever polish/sealant your wheels just use shampoo to clean them or very diluted bilberry otherwise it'll strip the coating off, other than that its great for removing heavy brake dust, also for clay try bilt hamber I think I paid around £10 for 200g which lasts ages and I preferred it to the likes of dodo juices/chemical guys version.

Looks nice, nearly bought a phantom black before my ibis as they look great when polished, good to see you're into detailing just a note that bilberry is a very high alkaline so if you ever polish/sealant your wheels just use shampoo to clean them or very diluted bilberry otherwise it'll strip the coating off, other than that its great for removing heavy brake dust, also for clay try bilt hamber I think I paid around £10 for 200g which lasts ages and I preferred it to the likes of dodo juices/chemical guys version.

Thanks for the advice, just bought a bilt hamber clay and have never polished/sealed my wheels but that could a good avenue to look at.

So, having looked at various build threads, especially S3Alex's, I am a bit worried of the gunk build up in my intake and want to get a catch can! Anyone got any good recommendations? I do have a charcoal filter in my bay so ideally something that fits beside it or unless it can be moved easily etc.

So, having looked at various build threads, especially S3Alex's, I am a bit worried of the gunk build up in my intake and want to get a catch can! Anyone got any good recommendations? I do have a charcoal filter in my bay so ideally something that fits beside it or unless it can be moved easily etc.

A catch can will get some of the rubbish,but it doesn't get all of it.
The breather to the rear of the cam cover empties into the turbo inlet and that all gets fed back to the valves.

The IE system will get rid of the problem but it is expensive.

How much Alex ?

Have a look on their site for current prices,but if I remember about £800 or thereabouts.

It's the cam cover,plus catch can and piping.
If you balance that against a conventional catch can,and then a decoke every so often,it comes out quite well,if you keep the car,and especially for big bhp engines.

Is that just for the parts ? I think they should list a kit as it looks like everything you need is bought separately . Also is there anyone in the uk that supplies it ?

Is that just for the parts ? I think they should list a kit as it looks like everything you need is bought separately . Also is there anyone in the uk that supplies it ?

I can find the list somewhere,but they list it separately as not everyone wants all of the parts.
I did find them very helpful in putting the list together and checking it for me.

I'll take a look later if I get time.

A catch can will get some of the rubbish,but it doesn't get all of it.
The breather to the rear of the cam cover empties into the turbo inlet and that all gets fed back to the valves.

The IE system will get rid of the problem but it is expensive.

How do you find emptying the can Alex? I have seen you said it is a pain but I'm guessing you have done it a few times now? Is it simple enough?

Also, I assume it is quite costly moving the charcoal filter to accommodate it for install?

How do you find emptying the can Alex? I have seen you said it is a pain but I'm guessing you have done it a few times now? Is it simple enough?

Also, I assume it is quite costly moving the charcoal filter to accommodate it for install?

It's nasty stuff...LOL

10F5B29D-5C2F-4323-9E3D-98C35B02AAB7_zps61ulfdut.jpg

Moving the filter was easy enough...AMD relocated it to the left hand space in the bumper.

So chaps, quick question. I know my car probably is due a waterpump and belt change now but my engine is making an odd clicking sound. I can hear it properly at idle basically constantly going "chuck chuck chuck chuck chuck" not even half a second between the sound. Any ideas what that is? or if it's normal?

Thanks

It's nasty stuff...LOL

Hi All,

So been a while since I last posted but thought I would post a little update. Clayed my car and couldn't believe how much **** was actually on it! Obviously never been done before and sounded like I was sanding down my car! Used almost a whole bottle of the lube spray and was very happy with the result. Unfortunately, didn't have time to use my poorboys black hole or sealent but maybe this weekend instead?

The car has an intake, DV+ and TT engine cover but no remap yet. I am sorry to say I am in the process of looking to sell my car :( I don't really want to, I love it and it is so much fun, I just can't justify the cost with regards to petrol, insurance and tax, not to mention any depreciation or upkeep. My logic tells me to sell it but my heart says to keep it. I need to go with the brain. I am looking to lease now and as the whole investment world always say, lease your depreciating assets and it's true, I can lease a brand new car which will be nice for around 250 a month and not have other major costs, i save on petrol and tax is included. It will save me a tonne on petrol! Overall I need to be more sensible. I will be using the approx. 17K that I can sell this for partly towards a deposit for a place which I will probably rent out. I think it is a good trade logically, but no fun at all as I will still not be living there.

As a 26 year old, I can safely say I don't think I will have as much fun in a car for another couple of years at least. I love the looks of the car, new audi's and all the sharp edges don't do it for me. Love the power and it is a shame I will not be able to finish what I started and go to stage 3 when I had it all planned out with what I was going to do!! I am getting the brand new C Class Coupe AMG line which has a measly 180 odd BHP and it is a diesel which I have never owned. Delivery will be in a couple months I believe and I have until then to sell my car. I am contemplating remapping my car to stage 1 in the meantime but I don't know if it is worth the cost of getting the APR one done at amd tuning, will i just be more upset? Will i love it and rag it for 2 months and get it out my system? I am not sure, let me know what you guys think. I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their help, I am sure I will be back one day but for now this is goodbye I suppose. I will post my car and spec up on here in the relevant section once I have a delivery date for my new Mercedes (i may have to be cheeky and see what a remap could do for me on this and revert it to normal once returned on the merc but we'll see). Do I remap the audi in the meantime? Will it be that much more amazing than I know already? Let me know if the £600 or so is worth it and if I could potentially squeeze some of that out of someone once selling it.

Thanks again all of you, especially you S3Alex, you have been a big help!!

Reactions: S3Alex
Just posted this for sale on pistonheads and in the for sale section on the forum. Put it up for £15,595 which I hope is reasonable? Just wanted to thank everyone again. I'll be back one day, maybe with an S3 8P again in a few years when the price lowers ;) Link below in case, sorry if i'm not allowed to post it here but I have posted in the correct section too:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...dr-quattro-2011-phantom-black-sat-nav/6386300

Reactions: Hookmonster