Time for Stage 2 me thinks....REVO Stage 2 Owners Help

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am running my S3 on a Stage 1 map currently, which has been upped to max limits. Boost is at max level, as is timing with a further 3.750 degrees on top.

Fitted an MBC to bring the boost up to the level I wanted it at - around 22 PSI.

Adding to that, I have recently fitted a downpipe and decat to it.

I was getting good airflow figures before the downpipe at around 210 g/s.

However, since changing the downpipe, I am getting g/s figures of between 225 and 230.

I think now I have come to the limits of the Stage 1 map to be fair.

The other day VAG COM gave me a fault code of Air Flow Upper Limit Exceeded. Presumably that means that it is now in fact off the map's tables.

Today I have a new an interesting fault code of '17743 Engine torque monitoring control limit exceeded' meaning again presumably that the torque has surpassed expected tolerances.

The concern being that my TIP is cavitating, and I need a silicone one really badly. However that will potentially increase air flow even more. Good in some ways, bad in others. :(/:)

What figures are people getting from Revo Stage 2 cars air flow wise?

Last edited:
Welly just get a new TIP on there and get that stage 2 on it you know you want to. lol.

I have always said the exhaust system on a S3 is'nt great and you can get a very good gain from a larger + better flowing system. How loud is it now compared to standard.

When you get a silicone TIP your car will peak to a couple more g/s and will run a bit higher in the rev range before your off boost, mine was about 300 - 400 rpm extra according to the graphs I did at the time.

If I was you, I think I would reduce the timing a bit and let the ECU adapt to the changes in exhaust air flow and boost pressure. Your car may make better figures now but the drive ability may be sacrificed a bit due to all the changes you have done without having a map to control it all. Let the ECU settle and upload the REVO stage 2 software then play around with the advancing the timing etc.

Im going REVO stage 2 in a couple of months and would be good to compare my results with yours.

Nathan

I have always said the exhaust system on a S3 is'nt great and you can get a very good gain from a larger + better flowing system. How loud is it now compared to standard.

When you get a silicone TIP your car will peak to a couple more g/s and will run a bit higher in the rev range before your off boost, mine was about 300 - 400 rpm extra according to the graphs I did at the time.

If I was you, I think I would reduce the timing a bit and let the ECU adapt to the changes in exhaust air flow and boost pressure. Your car may make better figures now but the drive ability may be sacrificed a bit due to all the changes you have done without having a map to control it all. Let the ECU settle and upload the REVO stage 2 software then play around with the advancing the timing etc.

Im going REVO stage 2 in a couple of months and would be good to compare my results with yours.

Nathan

Already brought the timing back down from 4.5 degrees advance. Its not making big figured with regard to timing pull so the timing is fine where it as at the moment...

Comparison of figures is always good dude, well up for that :thumbsup:

Welly why are u sticking with generic + maps custom is the way to go... Pop down and see Mark at Swict in Rangeworthy/Yate you will not be dissapointed...

Last edited:
Because the upgrade to Stage 2 Revo is £50. I'm saving the custom maps for when I do a hybrid conversion - they aren't the cheapest to have done twice.

Al;though I will look that guy up, cheers.

the g/s of air figures are really good for a stage 1 remap.what does your set up consist of (eg. air filter, exhaust, actuator, silicone piping, fmic)never seen them that high on my stage 2 revo.im not running much timing via the sps plus(b8 f9 t6.maybe to much boost as ive seen spikes of 27psi.i have all the above including the same down pipe as you.but y are g/s so good?

He is running a large port agu head so that will help.

The other code I get for the MAF Air flow limit exceeded is this one just for reference 16487.

Adding to this, the torque fault code should mean I hit limp mode if other's experiences are anything to go by.... But that doesn't happen.

Must be to with the MBC. Strange....