Time for some fun and to show off your car

I think your Golf R challenge was a cracker anyway..................one of the guys here will be up for it I reckon!! ;)

(doubt anyone wants to see a pic of my boring matt daytona anyway!!) lol

Reactions: Blackwhite
I think your Golf R challenge was a cracker anyway..................one of the guys here will be up for it I reckon!! ;)

(doubt anyone wants to see a pic of my boring matt daytona anyway!!) lol

I love the Daytona Gray! :redface new:

Reactions: Simon L
133C81FC-7306-449A-A9ED-9FC93B25CA65.jpg
I've got this from earlier in the summer but I think the rules should be changed as I could win every round from just scrolling through my photo gallery, which is why I think the thread died, picture has to be taken since the challenge was set, makes it more of a game just my five pence of course

Reactions: Fiddie, Simon L, JohnM100 and 1 other person
@Ben Daniel Grant I am happy to accept yours as a winning entry, reduced number of daylight hours in winter makes it harder to get new shots

Next challenge is?

P.S do like the idea of getting more pics of our cars side by side with specific other cars to show off how good ours look in comparison

Reactions: Blackwhite and AndyB-S3
Earlier in the thread I suggested a photo of your car next to an identical model. I know where there is one identical to mine - even down to the engine - but due to where it's parked, it might arouse suspicions if I draw up alongside and start taking photos. If it were in a supermarket car park, for example, it would be a lot less significant.

Edit: was beaten to it on the Golf R challenge

@wideboybloke - in the non-dictionary sense, how close to identical are you looking for in your proposal, though its Ben's decision.

One issue with restricting to photos since challenge set, is that this time of year a car is dirty within an hour of cleaning it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
My car is a misano red s-line, no roof rails, petrol engine. While out on my bike I saw an identical one parked outside a cottage in a quiet lane. It's there most times I do that circuit on my bike. I'm not suggesting that I should knock on the door and ask if it has the same extras as mine, but from an outside inspection, it's identical. Does that sound workable as a challenge?

As I said earlier, in view of where the car is parked, I can hardly draw mine up alongside and start taking photos. And the owner might be suspicious if I knocked on the door and asked permission. On the other hand, if he or she is a poster on here at least they would understand my strange request!

Fair enough but guess the Estoril or Exclusive colour folks are a bit screwed on that one.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Blackwhite
Best just visit every single Audi Forecourt....near ya...how about some female over stretched over ones bonnet,,,could be up for THAT

Best just visit every single Audi Forecourt....near ya...how about some female over stretched over ones bonnet,,,could be up for THAT

might scratch the paintwork mate............edit.........might get into trouble!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sorry @jassyo06 im with @Simon L not worth the risk of scratches although I was tempted to set the challenge of a female stretched over jassy's bonnet but you would of had an unfair advantage

If it can be an old pic I claim victory...was originally posted in another thread and was taken when I swapped a non ILP version for an ILP version..as close to identical as you can get me thinks........

IMG 0280

Reactions: Fiddie, Ben Daniel Grant and Simon L
Yep Dave takes it............................ huge relief, I wouldn't have stood a cat in hells chance of finding another one of mine!!

........next?? ;)

ok......on the parked next to theme.......could be a park, take picture and find a safer place to park thing but........picture of your car next to an old dirty builders flat bed lorry

Apart from wing mirrors, even the reg is exactly the same on these two. My first on the left and the replacement on the right.

18751350516 ca5d69ed87 k 2

Reactions: Jassyo06, David83S3, Daveotto and 3 others
SAM 2415
Parked next to this vintage... shall we say... Scammell lorry earlier and had a flash back to this thread!
Next to an "old dirty builders flat bed lorry". That truly murdered proceedings here didn't it!! So how about taking the lorry part of the challenge and moving on to...
Parked next to an exclusive coloured Audi RS model?

Reactions: richinsoton and Daveotto
Agreed, but I fear this particular challenge is a bit specific (unless rvtb101 already has an idea)

Love that lorry - sadly I remember them !

Reactions: Fiddie
Next one - next to a Ferrari.

Seriously?? It's winter, no one takes their Ferrari out...
I've seen Ferrari's galore in Birmingham/London/Manchester over the past month.

Were you too embarrassed to pose it with the figures Dave??...................:whistle2:

3000899305_1_5_E6YhMewc.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daveotto
That looks expensive to run Daveotto...:whistle2:

Funny thing is I was actually given this as a gift, many years ago, whilst at a supplier about 2-3 miles from the Ferrari factory, so can boast I actually collected my Ferrari from Maranello :)

Next challenge your car next to a full size Porsche of the same colour

Reactions: pburv
Funny thing is I was actually given this as a gift, many years ago, whilst at a supplier about 2-3 miles from the Ferrari factory, so can boast I actually collected my Ferrari from Maranello :)

Can't ever recall seeing a Porsche in white other than on tv...So the chances of me getting a pic are very slim indeed......:shrug:

OK guys, all way to quiet on here so time to getthis thread going again now that the weather is getting better

But to get it going next to any Porsche will do

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, SW14NY'S and 1 other person
He did say ANY, so I'd say yeah just to get it moving again :)

Reactions: SW14NY'S
How about a new challenge. 8v with Wembley in the background? Let's get this started again.