Facelift Time for a long deep think...

RSS-S3

Reaction score
So It may be time for a Long deep think .......

to possibly get rid of the S3 for something much more conservative.

Some of you may remember I had a run in with some ********* a while ago, as the vegas yellow is a magnet for tossers.

No matter how sensible you drive, I always end up with boy racers sitting up my **** or people filming my car or taking pictures.
(Usually while they hang out the window on a busy road or something whilst driving)

Its a great car! I Absolutely love the technology and style!

But I am getting married next year and im struggling to see the benefit of keeping it..

So After a spell with a very lovely A5 sline cabriolet, It seems that the S3's days on my driveway are numbered.

Cabriolets are very nice, but we live in a country with 10 days of sunshine a year, so even though I loved the Cabriolet, I cant justify the extra cost vs a normal car so thats out of the question.

I like the A3 Sline.....but there isnt many good deposit contribution offers on them at the moment. So thats not going to be much of a good path to follow....

The new Q2 1st edition is a awesome looking little thing, but immensly exspensive.

Time to go shopping :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line, PanamaS3 and 1 other person
Understand how you feel. I had TTS loan car for the weekend in Vegas Yellow and it caught all sorts of unwanted attention. My Sepang S3 SB was also bad for unwanted attention but not as bad as the yellow TTS.

Current Floret Saloon has been a revelation, same performance (actually better handling with mag ride ) but not one piece of unwanted attention in the 4 weeks of ownership and over 1000 miles.....something to consider maybe?

Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Understand how you feel. I had TTS loan car for the weekend in Vegas Yellow and it caught all sorts of unwanted attention. My Sepang S3 SB was also bad for unwanted attention but not as bad as the yellow TTS.

Current Floret Saloon has been a revelation, same performance (actually better handling with mag ride ) but not one piece of unwanted attention in the 4 weeks of ownership and over 1000 miles.....something to consider maybe?

This certainly has crossed my mind!
Essentially get another S3....... but in a far less imposing color!

The problem is the offers again arent the best, so It probably wont work in my favour

Reactions: Audi Bairn

The problem is the offers again arent the best, so It probably wont work in my favour

12% ish is not so bad or shop around for an ex-demo

Are you not tied into a deal? Mine gets looks but mostly off people who know theirs cars. Occasionally I get the odd idiot trying to goad me into a race but I just ignore it.

I can imagine the vegas gets a whole different level of attention though. I test drive a vegas TTS with red leather, that definitely drew more attention.

Wrap it?!

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, PanamaS3, RSS-S3 and 1 other person
Move from the Audi perhaps, but Seat Leon Cupra 300 Estate's are quite cool imo...

Reactions: RSS-S3

Just to throw the idea out there, have you considered getting it wrapped a more discreet colour? Looking at max £2k I'd say - less than getting yourself a new one.

Reactions: RSS-S3, RAF_S7 and Rolly12
I saw a Q2 Parked up yesterday - thought it was a hideous looking thing!

Reactions: David McQueen, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I have a Q2 loaner at the moment, also in Vegas Yellow.

It gets more looks than my S7.

Must be a colour thing.....

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta, RSS-S3 and 1 other person
Why not just wrap it in to a more subtle colour ?

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Jimbo10
Have to agree in colour seems to make a big difference. My new glacier white S3 seems to get mostly ignored which I'm happy about. The old one was black and I had 2 idiots on the 10 mile drive home after picking it up trying to get me to race or something. I didn't think a colour change from black to white would be much difference, but I've had this one 2 months now and I've not really noticed any idiots or that much unwanted attention.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Daveotto and RAF_S7
To the OP - Ive used these guys in Newbury to wrap all my chrome in black.

May be worth paying them a visit and sounding them out on options. You will be surprised at what can be achieved.:racer:

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Audi Bairn
It must be where you live and frequent mate or maybe it's where l live and frequent in my car as l don't get much attention at all again yer dilemma is all down to money....my tip would be a Q3 BLACK EDITION..... Run out models

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line, FBF01 and 1 other person
It must be where you live and frequent mate or maybe it's where l live and frequent in my car as l don't get much attention at all again yer dilemma is all down to money....my tip would be a Q3 BLACK EDITION..... Run out models

Defo an area thing, wait till you collect your new 'un, they will be chasing you all the way up the M1

Reactions: Jassyo06, Tom.H and RSS-S3
Just to throw the idea out there, have you considered getting it wrapped a more discreet colour? Looking at max £2k I'd say - less than getting yourself a new one.
Good idea!

Reactions: Tom.H
Currently looking at one ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Good idea!
Yeah get it wrapped in Voodoo blue..... No neds will notice it all!!!! but you'll sure attract a lot of stunning looking females... guaranteed lol...

Reactions: Supa Koopa, Rob2k68, craigwhelan and 3 others
Right chaps........... controversey......

I have been looking at ALL options for
"sensible cars"

We have a brand new Volvo dealership in town and after spending all morning in Audi, with nothing but drab boring deals on bog spec cars.

I decided to go and refresh myself by going to have a look at the new XC60 which I absolutley love....But its extremely exspensive with no offers right now so I know I cant have one........But no harm in looking ;)

I walked into the brand new Volvo dealership, with all its swedish Ikea design styling and inside they have a top of the range and fully loaded previous model XC60, brand new and unregistered. All drizzled off with the 2.4 litre 5 cylinder diesel engine too!

Anyway this car is 44k, so instantly ive discounted it as being way too exspensive.

Inevitably 10 minutes later a salesman walks over and asks if He can help.
I started to explain the issues I have had driving my S3 and explain that I want a sensible car that I can have worry free for a few years!

I said to him I love the XC60 (in both shapes)
And he said we should have a look at the numbers...... reluctanly I said ok, as I had already said this car is going to be waaayyy over budget.

After 20 minutes of number crunching (+ 3 cups of exceptional swedish coffee!)

He comes back to tell me the previous model xc60
(With a choice of 8 identical models in different colors)
Will cost me just a extra £90 a month over what i pay now ..... with NO upfront cash needed from myself!

So I have arranged a extended test drive tommorow (with the future wife)

My only gripe is this offer is on a lease (as a PCP would have been far more exspensive per month)

Ive never had a lease, But it is a flexy lease with the option to purchase at the end and also the option to ammend your millage (at extra cost of course) anytime during the 4 years.
It also can be ammended to include all maintence and tyres. The lease also includes all its road tax throughout the period.

Im I mad? Or is this a genuinely good deal ?????

Bearing in mind im looking at a new 44K car fully loaded, trading in my 5k negative equity S3
(that has bodywork damage)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

"sensible cars"

We have a brand new Volvo dealership in town and after spending all morning in Audi, with nothing but drab boring deals on bog spec cars.

I decided to go and refresh myself by going to have a look at the new XC60 which I absolutley love....But its extremely exspensive with no offers right now so I know I cant have one........But no harm in looking ;)

I walked into the brand new Volvo dealership, with all its swedish Ikea design styling and inside they have a top of the range and fully loaded previous model XC60, brand new and unregistered. All drizzled off with the 2.4 litre 5 cylinder diesel engine too!

Anyway this car is 44k, so instantly ive discounted it as being way too exspensive.

I started to explain the issues I have had driving my S3 and explain that I want a sensible car that I can have worry free for a few years!

And he said we should have a look at the numbers...... reluctanly I said ok, as I had already said this car is going to be waaayyy over budget.

Will cost me just a extra £90 a month over what i pay now ..... with NO upfront cash needed from myself!

My only gripe is this offer is on a lease (as a PCP would have been far more exspensive per month)

Ive never had a lease, But it is a flexy lease with the option to purchase at the end and also the option to ammend your millage (at extra cost of course) anytime during the 4 years.
It also can be ammended to include all maintence and tyres. The lease also includes all its road tax throughout the period.

Bearing in mind im looking at a new 44K car fully loaded, trading in my 5k negative equity S3

Do not...I repeat DO NOT take the future wife in it until you have verified man maths! lol (comfortable....very safe....perfect for babies!....need I say more!??!?!) :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 5 others
Do not...I repeat DO NOT take the future wife in it until you have verified man maths! lol (comfortable....very safe....perfect for babies!....need I say more!??!?!) :)

I have worked out that the minimum millage I do each month in the S3 would still cost me a extra £120 over what the Volvo would save me.
Ao the extra cost would offset itself via the fuel save

Reactions: Rob2k68

"sensible cars"

Nice. Road tax on that is £450 per year too so lease deal looks even better value.

I have worked out that the minimum millage I do each month in the S3 would still cost me a extra £120 over what the Volvo would save me.
Ao the extra cost would offset itself via the fuel save
You are missing my point.....again...DO NOT let your future wife know of this cars existence, or see pictures of it let alone test drive it (!!!) until aforesaid man maths has been verified!
It is like getting water on a Gremlin after midnight! She will not stop until you buy it...REGARDLESS of your man maths....trust me on this one lol

Reactions: AL_B, David McQueen, AudiNutta and 5 others

i have got no idea if this is a good deal!!!! but you need to compare apples with apples at the moment you are comparing a banana (forgive the pun) with an apple as comparing a PCP v lease deal. Other lease deals on other cars might be better value

Reactions: James 123, Rob2k68, RSS-S3 and 2 others
Yeah am confused.... With this Vulva Swedish Meatballs leasing deal....... I am sure they have the higher ground with you on this deal....step back.....cool off and take it from there kid....

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and RSS-S3
Yeah am confused.... With this Vulva Swedish Meatballs leasing deal....... I am sure they have the higher ground with you on this deal....step back.....cool off and take it from there kid....
Dam straight!

I got a bunch of questions that need answering, as it may not be as great as it first came across!

But I have the advantage of telling them how i want it to cost.... I think i can mould this deal much better!

Lets see what happens tomorrow !

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
You are missing my point.....again...DO NOT let your future wife know of this cars existence, or see pictures of it let alone test drive it (!!!) until aforesaid man maths has been verified!
It is like getting water on a Gremlin after midnight! She will not stop until you buy it...REGARDLESS of your man maths....trust me on this one lol
Hahaha !!!

Just had an offer on carwow 18% discount on a Cupra 300!

At 10% on another S3 and 12% on a Golf.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Audi Bairn
A cousin of mine in Inverness has a 3 year old V60 and frankly IMO the interior looks cheap. The dash area plastic looks low rent. I have no opinion on the model you are looking at, as l have not sat in one, but Volvo's do not turn my crank.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Focus ST 3 12% discount and 0% APR

Reactions: David McQueen and Jassyo06
Volvo = Chinese cost cutting whilst still coining on the Swedish roots.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
A cousin of mine in Inverness has a 3 year old V60 and frankly IMO the interior looks cheap. The dash area plastic looks low rent. I have no opinion on the model you are looking at, as l have not sat in one, but Volvo's do not turn my crank.

I have always liked Volvos (and saabs)
Its a very solid machine and the interior design is very simple and minimalistic.

It gives you the feeling it would live for the next 50years as a very faithful and solid beast.

Just had an offer on carwow 18% discount on a Cupra 300!

At 10% on another S3 and 12% on a Golf.

I have also enquired about a Facelift GTD..... still waiting for a solid offer on the table (twickenham vw)

The cupra is a nice car! Especially in estate version, but its price means its treading on the toes of the Golf R estate almost. :/

Reactions: David McQueen and Rob2k68
They are only owned by the chinese. The cars are extremely nice!

The previous gen X60 is no Chinese input from Geeley - it's the one based on the Ford EUCD platform that still underpins the Range Rover Sport, Evoque, last gen Freelandee and last gen Mondeo

Reactions: RSS-S3
Ok so I think im going to take the dealers arm off!

As im getting a near 45k car and giving them one near 27k for an extra £95 a month.

It drives very nice for a big car, minimal body role... good steering feedback considering its size.

I never have to worry about taking passengers or having space to run to ikea too!

Plus where I live, its never a bad thing to have a car that can handle the utterly atrocious british roads :)

Main thing is i can drive, without being harrassed by idiots everytime I pop out in the car!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
or having space to run to ikea too!
...me thinks you have bitten down hard on those gravy covered meatballs and bought far too many shelving units...looks like man maths is done! lol
Upload 2017 7 20 8 16 7

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Rob2k68, Supa Koopa and 2 others