ticking noise?

T3nnant

Reaction score
Right long story short.. I was travelling today to collect my new purchase, an S3 sportback, guy rings at 8 last night to tell me there is an issue, The clutch has blown. The car only has 50k on the clock! so ive sacked him off, and im looking again.

I have been to see a red s3 sportback today, everything is fine apart from some minor scratches, the main worry is that everyone ive heard is pretty much silent engine wise, This one has a miltek, but has a slight ticking noise coming from the front top part of the engine. The seems to be a pipe connected to something which seems to connect to the intake/intercooler? Does anyone have an ideas?

Cheers.

Hmm strange that you've heard silent ones....

They all seem to click/tick a hell of a lot and i've heard LOTS! Sounds normal.

Reactions: Marine_918, S3 AEX, T3nnant and 1 other person
Is be more worried if I went to see an s3 and it was silent lol they can sound like diesels on tick over

Reactions: S3 AEX and T3nnant
Haha!! Well thats a nice bit on info right there!

i dont mean silent obviously, but usually id be worried about this sound.. I would have got a video, but left my phone in the house sadly.
Pretty normal then? Are there any main issues engine wise which i should be looking for?

Cheers,

I have not heard of anything ,may be wrong though ,I just looked for te normal when I got mine service history cam belt done etc(if mileage or age requires) first thing I done was change the oil for own peace of mind

Reactions: T3nnant
Yeah same for me usually. It has full service history and only o 43k i think, but was just a slight worry thats all.

If you use the search section there is numerous threads on this rate a read might help to settle your mind a little

Engines are very good if serviced well and regular oil changes.