Ticking / hissing in engine bay + smell of fumes in cabin

andyg0141

Reaction score
After trying to pinpoint the source of a ticking / hissing noise from the top right of my A6 C7 3.0TDI + slight smell of fumes in the cabin at points, I decided to remove the injector seals today.

6 copper seals + o-rings bought from Germany (was around 1/4 of the price of Audi) and fitting in a few hours today. Appears to have solved the problem and all the seals looked pretty worn - see picture below. 2 of the injectors have been leaking badly and were caked in carbon + very difficult to get out. Other 4 were fine but seals worn so needed done anyway.

A worthwhile thing to do if experiencing similar problems!

Cheers,

Andy

Attachments

• Injector Seals.jpg
    Injector Seals.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 456
Reactions: Rhyso
I had an injector fail on me last year

Later in the year i had all the seals replaced when i had the rocker cover gaskets done

This was the state of my injectors.....

Reactions: andyg0141
Thats exactly how 2 of mine looked!! Bit of a clean up and they look good as new. Hopefully the new seals seal ok!

Reactions: Rhyso
After trying to pinpoint the source of a ticking / hissing noise from the top right of my A6 C7 3.0TDI + slight smell of fumes in the cabin at points, I decided to remove the injector seals today.

6 copper seals + o-rings bought from Germany (was around 1/4 of the price of Audi) and fitting in a few hours today. Appears to have solved the problem and all the seals looked pretty worn - see picture below. 2 of the injectors have been leaking badly and were caked in carbon + very difficult to get out. Other 4 were fine but seals worn so needed done anyway.

A worthwhile thing to do if experiencing similar problems!

Cheers,

Andy

Jees thats bad.