Tick over high revs

Rhosj

Reaction score
Ok on to the next problem

start engine let it run for a minute or so then the revs go from approx 800rpm to just over 1000rpm

turn engine off restart goes back to 800rpm then rises again

Sorry again keep forgetting that bit 2.0tdi

Mine doing the same do u hear a click when it goes up I've traced mine to intercooler pipe clips leaking

Mine doing the same do u hear a click when it goes up I've traced mine to intercooler pipe clips leaking

not too sure on the click i will check

as for the intercooler leak did that fix it?

Well move the pipe and the revs still go up but ordering new clips from Audi this week about 40/50 quid bud or air leak somewhere

Nice one ill take a look tomorrow and see if i can find a leak

What clips are you ordering for 50quid??

The only clips on the hoses to/from intercooler are about 4quid each?

Not sure bud haven tighten clips put on but g ping Audi 2morrow as think talking crap as normal

i had a look today but nothing seem to be leaking
moved the pipes when its at normal revs and nothing happens then when the revs increase i moved the pipes and looking for leaks but its still doing the same

2.0 tdi with or without DPF?

If with DPF is it trying to do a regen?

mine does exactly the same, so annoying, most of the time it stops my aircon working aswell!

I had my boost hoses new clips and strong cable ties to hold for now seems to be better now

Mine does this when I've been abusing the battery, either engine running but stationary with all the electronics on or if it's been sat for a while with radio on etc it'll pick up the tickover speed to approx 1000rpm. After a short drive it'll return to normal tickover

Could be unrelated but that's what I've put it down too!

Thats mad thinking about it i didnt use the car thurs/fri/sat then sunday morning i drove the car and it didnt happen all day then monsy i used the audi to jump start my van and ever since its happened

At tickover it may not be putting out enough ampage to power/charge, so may need the extra rpm to increase the current?!

Any one else have another view on this?