Throttle Vavle Clean 2.5TDI Just a thought..

Pork789

Reaction score
I'm new to all this but i set upon a project to just clean my throttle valve on my 2.5TDI.
This was my findings. 2014 02 23 151643

Take note all diesel lovers, this was properly never cleaned, I've only had the car 6months, first i didn't think twice about it, then power became less, more so in 4th 5th low revs, up hills etc.
Anyway, cleaned this, put it all back together and wow, amazing result for just some simple cleaning and 4bolts.
Regards.

Reactions: wheymonster
Hmmmm, think I'm going to check over mine next weekend. Although my Turbo and EGR were clean my TB might not be!

Good job.

Dan

I think that is the anti-shudder valve rather than a throttle valve (didn't think dervs had throttle valves as revs are controlled via the quantity of fuel?)

Did you clean the rest of it? I took off all intake pipes and both collectors - they were really sooty - didn't notice much difference but was worth doing.

Blank off the EGR if you don't want them getting sooty again!

It was awful, my guess is it has never been done, but with that cleaned i did notice pick up was better off, but clearly one of my channels was blocked off completely. I looked into the EGR blank but still um and arrr about it. I mite think about doing it now tho. :)

It was awful, my guess is it has never been done, but with that cleaned i did notice pick up was better off, but clearly one of my channels was blocked off completely. I looked into the EGR blank but still um and arrr about it. I mite think about doing it now tho. :)

I've just finished doing mine. It was really dirty, but what I noticed was that the 3rd inlet from the left had no gasket. .. did yours? Made one anyway.. put it all back together and dropped an Allen key in the engine. Took me ages to fish it out. To blank you just need the plate yeh?

I'm new to all this but i set upon a project to just clean my throttle valve on my 2.5TDI.
This was my findings.View attachment 28186

Take note all diesel lovers, this was properly never cleaned, I've only had the car 6months, first i didn't think twice about it, then power became less, more so in 4th 5th low revs, up hills etc.
Anyway, cleaned this, put it all back together and wow, amazing result for just some simple cleaning and 4bolts.
Regards.

2nd from the left

Hello mate, i don't follow? I had gaskets on all of mine.

when i did my air system, (off the car) I soaked them all in a strong liquid oven cleaner over night, this soaked in and helped when i Jet washed them out, i then soaked them in petrol on the 2nd night, this helped break down the lower levels of gunk that would not come out with a jet wash, i placed them in a open space purred in some diesel and set fire to them using a BBQ fire lighter as the ignition for the diesel and burned out the rest, once they had cooled down i used for better words, a long hard brush through them to strip out any of the brittle remains, it was truly a dirty job, but worth doing all the same, i then simply un-plugged my egr sucker and stuffed a built up the pipe to keep the sucking air system in good health, car pulled well after and the MPG went up,

I have seen people use Seafoam to clean in there too,

bradh and me sorted ours with fire (he definitely deserves most credit though I'm useless under a bonnet).