Throttle Body

Robbyb

Reaction score
So took my egr valve off my car today and I noticed the seal around the electrics on the throttle body was poking out the side.

So I took the case apart that holds the electrics (and mechanism to open the valve up inside the throttle body) and it had a LOT of oil in it.

Do you recommend changing the whole throttle body?

Could this cause a vibration?

Many thanks
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which case do you mean?
If you've removed the EGR valve complete then there are electrics left to bother about. Other than the EML on your dash.
Why bother about your throttle body?
Have you fitted a delete kit and remember the cooler too?

Which case do you mean?
If you've removed the EGR valve complete then there are electrics left to bother about. Other than the EML on your dash.
Why bother about your throttle body?
Have you fitted a delete kit and remember the cooler too?

The case around the throttle body mechanism. I had to take the throttle body off to clean the egr valve as I’ve had two go on the car. Both were good quality makes as well.

Sorry my post last night was a bit gibberish, I was tired and had had a drink. Auto correct too.
If you had 2 go on your car already why not just go the delete route, then you have no more worries and a cleaner engine?

Sorry my post last night was a bit gibberish, I was tired and had had a drink. Auto correct too.
If you had 2 go on your car already why not just go the delete route, then you have no more worries and a cleaner engine?

How do you code them out with a vag com?

I don't think you can, at least I couldn't. VAG com clears the EM light, but as soon as you start the engine it reappears.
I had my car remapped shortly after, and in with the price he mapped out my EGR.
What engine have you got?

I don't think you can, at least I couldn't. VAG com clears the EM light, but as soon as you start the engine it reappears.
I had my car remapped shortly after, and in with the price he mapped out my EGR.
What engine have you got?

2.0 tdi bre 2007

2.0 tdi bre 2007

Same as mine.
If you don't want to go the delete route and do end up needing a new EGR mine is for sale. I took it off at about 120k and was fully working.
Very reasonably priced, would just need a clean.