Throttle Body failure Audi A3

Musa

Reaction score
Hi guys

I drive an Audi A3, 2.0FSi 2006 model. Last week my car gave me an EPC & ESP sign while moving and suddenly lost power.

the car can drive but there it no acceleration whatsoever. I took it to the mechanic and it was diagnosed and all other faults reset but the Throttle body fault remains and EPC and ESP faults can't go away.

I took it to another garage and they also diagnosed the Throttle body as well. The mechanic told me I need a new throttle. It should be fitted and the car be reprogrammed.

Is it dangerous also when I drive the car in that condition?

I read in the forum that the throttle body can be cleaned, does it apply to my model? Can you please advice me what is the best solution to this?

I had the same sort of thing on a van i had. I took the pedal off and un plugged it. Took the it apart and cleaned up the electronic contacts on the back of the pedal its self and it worked for another 2 years :)

Reactions: Musa
So it did regained power after just cleaning and you didn't have to touch the throttle body?

So it did regained power after just cleaning and you didn't have to touch the throttle body?

Yeah it regained all power after cleaning. Its worth a go, to see if it works.

Thank you. Will try that first before I spend more money buying a new throttle. Tell me since am not a mechanic. Can I be able to remove the acceleration pedal myself or I need a mechanic?