Three Problems at once - Oil Sensor/Aircon/Parking Sensors

Palooza

Reaction score
Was driving around last night and parked up for 10 minutes before I started it back up and ended up getting the oil level sensor not working (orange light) on the dash.

So when going home I next noticed my OEM parking sensors aren't working and that the Econ light is stuck on.

Now if one of these came on at separate times and not within a small amount of time I'd go blindly replace a sensor ect. But I'm wondering if anybody has an idea what might link all three? Car drives fine ect and heres the fault codes I've got below.

HVAC -

2 Faults Found:
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 202
Mileage: 121572 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.02.28
Time: 19:54:08

Freeze Frame:
Temperature: 11.5∞C
Voltage: 13.80 V
RPM: 1700 /min
Load: 0.0 %
Load: 10.0 %

01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101010
Fault Frequency: 3
Mileage: 121572 km
Time: 19:54:13

Freeze Frame:
Temperature: -50.0∞C

Instruments -

2 Faults Found:
00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101000
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 242
Mileage: 121575 km
Time: 20:24:43

00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101010
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 121575 km
Time: 20:24:43

Parking Sensors -

3 Faults Found:
01549 - Supply Voltage for Parking-Aid Sensor
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Mileage: 121584 km
Time: 21:19:46

00576 - Terminal 15
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Frequency: 11

01549 - Supply Voltage for Parking-Aid Sensor
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100010

I had the garage change my radiator a few days ago which could relate to the aircon, but clearing the faults they come straight back and it worked after anyway.

Last edited:
Yes does seem strange three faults at once .I would start be checking fuses,If you read through errors its contradicting , ie "short "or "open circuit" but thats audi for you.Basically its lost the signal or supply .
Only other is if a cable has became damaged some where .

Check fuses & make sure all connectors are plugged back in after rad changed.

Been and checked fuses and everythings plugged in, unplugged oil sensor and back in and found a small 5a fuse blown. Replaced and oil level sensor is off.

Found my air pipe clip wasn't on too -.-

Anyway, still no parking sensors and econ is still on, any ideas? Does aircon need to be drained to change the radiator? As it could be empty?

You've sort of answered your own question. I'd be back to the garage that fitted the radiator.

All that you list is at the front of the car where the mechanic would need to be whilst replacing the radiator. That is what could link all three faults in that they probably haven't put things back together properly.

You've sort of answered your own question. I'd be back to the garage that fitted the radiator.

All that you list is at the front of the car where the mechanic would need to be whilst replacing the radiator. That is what could link all three faults in that they probably haven't put things back together properly.

The rear parking sensors aren't at the front of the car? But I will take it back just seeing if I can sort it myself to save hassle first. Anyway, it keeps blowing the fuse so I'm gunna inspect the wiring close by till I can get to the garage Tuesday

The rear parking sensors aren't at the front of the car? But I will take it back just seeing if I can sort it myself to save hassle first. Anyway, it keeps blowing the fuse so I'm gunna inspect the wiring close by till I can get to the garage Tuesday
Ah, but if you look at your original post you didn't say 'rear' you said 'my OEM parking sensors aren't working' ;)

Good luck with finding the faults.

True :p Tbh, I didn't know you could get front parking sensors on these, certainly never seen one with them :eek:

Checked wires today and cleaned with contact cleaner and still blowing the fuses, garage time tomorrow, they can have fun solving it :) Thanks for the help.

I'm experiencing the exact same error messages with my parking sensors, can you please tell me if this was resolved and what the culprit was? Thanks

Not sure what the garage did to get them working again as they didn't replace anything to get the oil/parking sensors to work again, but the thing that caused all three was the aircon pressure sensor wiring melting together.

Reactions: T.ENVY
Okay thanks, looks like I may have an issue with my wiring, i'll check for continuity this weekend, thanks

Reactions: T.ENVY
Not sure what the garage did to get them working again as they didn't replace anything to get the oil/parking sensors to work again, but the thing that caused all three was the aircon pressure sensor wiring melting together.

Hello, I am having the same issue with my 2007 Audi A3 2.0 petrol. REVERSE PARKING does not work and the OIL SENSOR orange light comes on the dash. Found the FUSE keeps blowing.. Did you manage to resolve your issue? Where is the AIRCON PRESSURE SENSOR WIRING, that I can locate so I can check it out if it is melting? Also what did you mechanic do to the wiring to have it repaired

thanks

Okay thanks, looks like I may have an issue with my wiring, i'll check for continuity this weekend, thanks
Hello mate, did you manage to sort your issue out on your car with the reverse parking sensors not working and the OIL SENSOR orange light on the dashboard

Hello, im having the same problem, where is the AIRCON PRESSURE SENSOR wiring that I need to look for to fix
thanks