Thousands of Cars Recalled Because of Transmission Problems

Interestingly that this appears to be only a US recall at the moment prompted by the tough acting NHTSA.

Wonder if VW/Audi UK do the same?

Glad I specced a good old manual box on the new S3:yes:

I'm on my third car with the S-Tronic gearbox and a total of 70k miles and I've never had any problems with any of them. I did have a few problems with my last A3 maunal gear though.

You just have to love the Americans........this problem is now known as ...... "The flash of death." !!!!:faint:

Further details...

Models affected by the recall include the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, GTI, and Eos built between September 2008 and August 2009.

The recall applies to 2009 model year vehicles along with a very limited number of 2010 model year vehicles. A small number of these may be affected by a faulty temperature sensor in the DSG transmission. Failure of the temperature sensor could result in illuminated warning lamps in the dashboard, and in rare instances the transmission may shift into neutral.

Don't know if this will affect the S-tonics fitted to A3s built in the same period but all the s-tronics used in the A3 are made in the same plant that makes the VW versions.

i know it wouldn't have affected mine but i'm glad i went back to manual, at least you know whats going on when the driveline shunts :)

It wouldn't go in any gear unless he happened to have his foot on the small footrest to the left of the brake. ;)

Sorry Dave, couldn't resist that one!

LMFAO liking that lol

PS. How's the eyes now.