Thoughts on 'sports' Road Tyre's makes and models ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score
Thoughts on Road Tyre's makes and models ?

been running on Nankang ns2r this year
noisy , primeval , but effective..

Old question, any new options worth a look ?

Tnx -G

This time round , 225/40/18 ,
picked up a set of 18 , J8 rims ,
that should be the correct size ..

PS4 all day my bro in law had them on the tt loved em, I run ns2r but don’t use the car daily only track days and the odd blast not fantastic in the cold/winter are they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allays used continentals sports contact , the ns2r came 'new' with a set of wheels , much more grip than the Cont ..
wet / cold , may be less , still driving 40 mile round trips , A.& M way , wet / salt seems predicable
just need to press on with them -) yes big change wet/dry , probably more noticeable with the enhanced dry grip ?

Primeval , probably the best description , ns2r, loud rumble , one post complains of changing wheel bearings
..I had the same thoughts , very little bump softening , as the video says,
hard heavy steering , and with the cut pattern no block shuffle

catch 22 , smooth and ooze , or bumpy and rash

sense would put ps4 on the 17 winter
and nsr2 on the 18 summer ?

I thought this too with the wheel bearing comment they just need to be swapped front and back I think, sounds like a logical idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine on the ramps, checking the bearings , the vibration is quite pronounced , but, pretty impressive
performance , with no tread blocks , just the cut pattern and heavy side walls , the steering is precise , with the car set -25mm
koni coilovers , its not really set up for a smooth ride , with the re-map, actually is quite lively , standard
power level was a touch under par for the grip , gave a very 'stuck' feel