1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Rupes LHR12E

Taxboy Aug 2, 2020

1. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

Whilst I was idly trawling the net as you do. I noticed this machine seems to be well thought of over the pond. However I wondered if anyone else on here has or had one and could comment please.

It is expensive and I wondered if it fell between two camps being too dear for the a standard DA but not having a big enough throw to justify the additional cost - although I assume it is more pleasant to use than a DAS6 equivalent ???

Any thoughts please

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Its a good bit of kit mate.

Taxboy likes this.
  4. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Looks a great machine although it will be slightly more cumbersome to use than it's bigger brother LHR 15 due it's shorter stockier design £255 is the best l have seen it at...av got a standard 10% discount with ultimate finish sooo an extra £25 bangers off it lol.....worth thee investment....

Taxboy likes this.
  5. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

Thanks for that - it's interesting you comment it will be slightly more cumbersome. One review I saw suggested the shape made it more manoeuvrable for areas like the bottom on the door panels.

Btw who are AV please

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

6. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

AV....?

7. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

It has the same design as my Flex mini polisher....much shorter and thicker than it's bigger brother ....and personally it's more difficult to use a shorter bodied machine on vertical panels as your arms/shoulders are closer together

Taxboy likes this.
  8. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

My mistake misread your post Can see its ultimate finish with the extra discount Oops

9. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

Thanks for that always good to have some real world input - may have to research the 15mm throw version but don't think I could stretch to the MK3 version

10. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

MK2 is a great machine as are all Rupes machines....it's just the larger machines are better ergonomically designed

Taxboy likes this.
  11. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

Presumably much better than the DAS6 Pro Plus for smoothness and lack of vibration ?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Internally rupes and Flex are better engineered by far,that's why they're more expensive...far smoother and quieter to use than any Chinese replica fact

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Taxboy likes this.
  14. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Yes they are way better engineered in every way hence they're used by detailers...you'll get better results quicker with either a Rupes/Flex machine polishing machine

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

NevMan likes this.